• Yes, sounds good!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Maybe, im not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It is ur own choice if u buy a rank and add more people

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, since i also have this problem!

• Maybe, they can also add an cooldown for Network Messages so u dont get spam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just remove those friends.

• Total voters

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
:bluesus:I have alot of friends as Obsidian player i monthly remove inactive friends.:fantamug:
I see instantly [Friend] [+/-] [Player] joined the network.
📺These messages spam my chat, and is kinda annoying👿
This is sometimes so frustrating i can not even read my friends text.
I would love to see an option to add this to the Profile Menu in the lobby
Or
A command like /jnm off (Joined Network Message Off) Example

I highly suggest this since for sure multiple people have this problem, or had it.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I don't see login messages as a bad thing, since it's like an alert that your friend comes online. You can ask them to play a game or ask something in /fmsg, since you are aware that they are online.

However I do understand that people can get annoyed by these messages, because as you said it can be spammed. Especially if you have over a 100 active friends, your chat will be spammed with these messages. I disagree with disable the messages for everyone, since I want them to stay. But I do agree with an option to turn them off for yourself. Maybe this can be done under the 'settings'.

I haven't vote yet, since I'm not able to vote on what I want, because I don't fully agree with everything you've suggested. (the command part).

Reactions: zBune

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Not to flex but I have 160 friends, of which a large majority are moderators- this means a lot of them constantly log out and into the server (switching between 1.8 and 1.9) for moderating purposes and I have never had any issues with this.

There are other solutions to this - for instance using a mod to filter out certain messages to a secondary chat. You can see this works quite well

ykFaQGu.png

Alternatively, using mods as well, you can just straight up ignore certain messages.

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
Not to flex but I have 160 friends, of which a large majority are moderators- this means a lot of them constantly log out and into the server (switching between 1.8 and 1.9) for moderating purposes and I have never had any issues with this.

There are other solutions to this - for instance using a mod to filter out certain messages to a secondary chat. You can see this works quite well

ykFaQGu.png

Alternatively, using mods as well, you can just straight up ignore certain messages.
Yo i see ur using a client, and i play on 1.16, so that actually means. I can not block certain messages without a client that supports those kind of addons, and blocking people will make it impossible to contact them.
(I don`t know any client that supports 1.16+)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Yo i see ur using a client, and i play on 1.16, so that actually means. I can not block certain messages without a client that supports those kind of addons, and blocking people will make it impossible to contact them.
(I don`t know any client that supports 1.16+)
5zig supports 1.15, if that's enough D:

• Sad
D

Deleted member 469419

I strongly agree with this idea. I remember that I've seen this idea several times across the network and it have always liked me. I don't have so many friends onto my friend list, but the few friends I have, are constantly leaving/joining out the game so it's kinda annoying. I'd personally like to see some kind of option added to the profile settings menu that allow you to toggle it on/off, just as you said. +1

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
I don't find it annoying, I mean, it's good when you want to flex 😎
Okay now seriously, it's your choice to add or not to add a player to your list, so it's your responsibility. You could maybe use a mod like Laby or 5zig to make those messages appear in an external chat, but adding this is definitely unnecessary imo.

Sorry, but I disagree with this idea.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a lot of friends and a lot of them are moderators. They log in and out to do their work and I don't find that annoying. Maybe just remove the friends you don't want anymore and then it should be fine.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i dont have this problem as a rankless person, but i can see why some people would think this is really annoying. i dont see why this shouldnt be a thing since theres no downside to it

Top Bottom