Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this rule should be changed? When will reporting and helping players be bannable?

• Q1: Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Q1: No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Q2: Soon

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Q2: Never

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Staff impersonation is this:
;Iron;tspacedog: Hey, if you disprove my theory I will ban you, I'm a moderator.
Minimodding is this:
;Iron;tspacedog: Don't worry guys, if the guy keeps swearing I will mute him. Follow the rules, it's my job to enforce them.
Yep, but it feels odd to call it "mini modding." The server seems to be too similar to Mineplex.

If a guy really knows what they're talking about, then the guy can tell that the "mini mod" is a lie. No way can a non-staff rank ban or mute players.

D

Deleted member 169486

Yep, but it feels odd to call it "mini modding." The server seems to be too similar to Mineplex.

If a guy really knows what they're talking about, then the guy can tell that the "mini mod" is a lie. No way can a non-staff rank ban or mute players.
Dude, it's called mini modding on most servers. To say it's the same a mineplex for that is like saying it's the same as a small whitelisted server.

D

Deleted member 169486

As far as I know, Mineplex and this server have it but hypixel doesn't. Closest that this rule should fit in is threatening players.

I said MOST servers. Mineplex, Hypixel, and cubecraft do not represent every single server that exists.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
;Iron;tspacedog: Hey, if you disprove my theory I will ban you, I'm a moderator.
Minimodding is this:
;Iron;tspacedog: Don't worry guys, if the guy keeps swearing I will mute him. Follow the rules, it's my job to enforce them.
That's a really good example ;) You chose the right name for the Minimodder :p

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Minimodding is this:
Why tspacedog? XDD

And well, this rule is clear, at least for me. If you know what the server means, why are you trying to get a better explanation?

Reactions: Ping Ether

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
giphy.gif

Pretty interesting....
I do have a better solution...
Change that rule to:
Do not order people to do stuff (ask/warn them is then is allowed) + Don't pretend to be a Staff member (Don't say you're going to ban/kick/mute them.. Say you're going to report them, Don't say you're a Staff member or that someone of you know is a Staff while he/she is not) If you do know a Staff member then you have to say that you're going to ask them to see your report.

Removing the Forums and the report section is also good but I think most people will rage so eh... Yeah...

Reactions: betty's oldies

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
giphy.gif

Pretty interesting....
I do have a better solution...
Change that rule to:
Do not order people to do stuff (ask/warn them is then is allowed) + Don't pretend to be a Staff member (Don't say you're going to ban/kick/mute them.. Say you're going to report them, Don't say you're a Staff member or that someone of you know is a Staff while he/she is not) If you do know a Staff member then you have to say that you're going to ask them to see your report.

Removing the Forums and the report section is also good but I think most people will rage so eh... Yeah...
Removing the forums and report section isn't what should happen. Sarcastically, I wrote that as an extreme measure.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I think the definition of the rules are pretty good at the moment. And I know your second part of the thread is "sarcastic", but some people might take your comments literally. So i don't really get the reason why they were put in in the first places. Rules is not a funny matter......

I read the disclaimer, and if the points u raised were true, then there would be way more hackers than there is. The community does a very good job!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
OKE, so it is not allowed to say like ''I am gonna ban you'' but it is allowed to say ''report them on the forums with video evidence?
That is correct.

@ThatGrimCreeper: Any player smart enough should know that a regular player cannot ban or mute. That is why i suggested to rename the rule.

The mini mod rule is in place so people cannot scare others into getting a ban. I would say it should fall under trolling.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
That is correct.

@ThatGrimCreeper: Any player smart enough should know that a regular player cannot ban or mute. That is why i suggested to rename the rule.

The mini mod rule is in place so people cannot scare others into getting a ban. I would say it should fall under trolling.

1) I never said they could....

Any player smart enough should know that a regular player cannot ban or mute.

2) The name is fine as it is. Any smart enough player would understand what it means in the first place. Mini-modding is not trolling, they are very different rules. In my view, which i stick to, no changes need to be made.

should know that a regular player cannot ban or mute.

Only staff members can ban or mute, any smart enough player would know this. The rules already say that
acting like a staff member

D

Deleted member 169486

You're a mod. How can you say those things when you should know more than the other players do? Even the most unclear things should be able to be explained.

Just because they are a mod does not mean they should know more. You should fully understand the rules when playing on any server, just as staff should. You can not expect them to know more then you just because they give up their time to help the server without reward.

May I also say that you should try and treat staff with respect? They give up theirs time to fix your issues.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Just because they are a mod does not mean they should know more. You should fully understand the rules when playing on any server, just as staff should. You can not expect them to know more then you just because they give up their time to help the server without reward.

May I also say that you should try and treat staff with respect? They give up theirs time to fix your issues.
I respect what the staff do. They're doing their best and they volunteered to put their part into the server. Of course, the players should understand the rules completely, but staff have higher responsibilities. If staff are punished, then their punishment is much harsher than if the same offense were to be committed by a normal player.

Example:
Let's look at the KingMC case on Mineplex. He was a mod there and was caught hacking. He was permanently banned on first offense; for a normal player, hacking on the first offense over there is a 1 month ban.

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
I respect what the staff do. They're doing their best and they volunteered to put their part into the server. Of course, the players should understand the rules completely, but staff have higher responsibilities. If staff are punished, then their punishment is much harsher than if the same offense were to be committed by a normal player.

Example:
Let's look at the KingMC case on Mineplex. He was a mod there and was caught hacking. He was permanently banned on first offense; for a normal player, hacking on the first offense over there is a 1 month ban.
This isn't mineplex though, it's a much better server than that.

Reactions: Nikboo
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom