Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this rule should be changed? When will reporting and helping players be bannable?

• Q1: Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Q1: No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Q2: Soon

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Q2: Never

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Can someone remind me the point of this thread??

I mean who even cares about mini-modding that much?
It's like a hackusator that swears that they're going to ban you.
But I mean it's not going to destroy the server. And I've never seen
people complain about it, more just worried. Plus, people that aren't
good at English probably would just say, I'm gonna ban you, rather than
saying, I'm reporting you. It doesn't affect the game very much and
doesn't really matter.
That was just an example.
Punishments are similar, if not the same. The point is that staff have higher powers
but that comes with more responsibility.
That's the reason why they are extremely careful about helper applications in the first place.
All staff try their best to help CCG, and
You're a mod. How can you say those things when you should know more than the other players do? Even the most unclear things should be able to be explained.
cmon. Your "Suggestion" wasn't even that clear. Why would you put
sarcasm in it?? Are you trying to confuse people? It would help to not
be sarcastic at all and actually be serious.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Can someone remind me the point of this thread??

cmon. Your "Suggestion" wasn't even that clear. Why would you put
sarcasm in it?? Are you trying to confuse people? It would help to not
be sarcastic at all and actually be serious.
My point was to rename the rule to something like "do not impersonate staff." Any smart player will know that regular players cannot ban or mute others, so this rule could fall under trolling. I put sarcasm as a way to highlight some problems with the server (e.g. criticizing issues such as toxic players, hackers, etc. while still having an actual suggestion in the post)

From the "actual suggestion" part:
Actual suggestion:
For clarity purposes, what about renaming it to "no impersonating staff/other players"? How can a regular player act like a staff if he/she doesn't have staff powers? If the player threatens to "ban," then this would fall under threats or staff impersonation.
I've lately put the actual suggestion on the top instead.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
My point was to rename the rule to something like "do not impersonate staff." Any smart player will know that regular players cannot ban or mute others, so this rule could fall under trolling.
The mini-modding thing is basically "no staff impersonation." It could be confusing so I do agree that you should change it to
no staff impersonation.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The mini-modding thing is basically "no staff impersonation." It could be confusing so I do agree that you should change it to
no staff impersonation.
At least Cube's version of mini-modding is reasonable compared to Mineplex's "no mini-modding" rule. Heck, over there it's a punishment for saying "Player A, please don't do this - it's against the rules" if a staff is online or at all on the forums!

N

Nikboo

Minimodding - Pretending to be a staff member, enforcing rules and such.

In game, warning players is fine if they are swearing / teaming but on the forums, you can't give official warnings by PM saying that 'You will be punished for this!' such as this:

'<Playername>,

Your message <Removed link to stop targetting> is unnecessary and does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered by a staff member.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.'

This is a player who had warned another guy about necroposting and I had to tell him that he was minimodding as he was warning people, just like a staff member would.

If someone necroposts on a thread, then you can tell him that it is against the rules and you can redirect him to the forum rules but don't be someone who sends warnings by PM.

Also, I'm going to admit that when I was a wee stone rank, I minimodded on the forums and I got warned by a staff member because I commented on about 100 people's profile:

'Please do NOT comment on reports as it is against the rules! You will be punished if you continue!'

In game, people who aren't staff members and who say 'I am a staff member! Stop NOW! Otherwise I will punish you!' are minimodding.

I would say that minimodding would be if you mention that the player will be punished. However informing people of the rules is absolutely fine.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert

In game, warning players is fine if they are swearing / teaming but on the forums, you can't give official warnings by PM saying that 'You will be punished for this!' such as this:

'<Playername>,

Your message <Removed link to stop targetting> is unnecessary and does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered by a staff member.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.'

This is a player who had warned another guy about necroposting and I had to tell him that he was minimodding as he was warning people, just like a staff member would.

If someone necroposts on a thread, then you can tell him that it is against the rules and you can redirect him to the forum rules but don't be someone who sends warnings by PM.

Also, I'm going to admit that when I was a wee stone rank, I minimodded on the forums and I got warned by a staff member because I commented on about 100 people's profile:

'Please do NOT comment on reports as it is against the rules! You will be punished if you continue!'

In game, people who aren't staff members and who say 'I am a staff member! Stop NOW! Otherwise I will punish you!' are minimodding.

I would say that minimodding would be if you mention that the player will be punished. However informing people of the rules is absolutely fine.
But informing them about the rules and them reporting is still enforcing the rule. Therefore, the rule has some contradiction.

eltito_ricoYT

Nov 20, 2014
España (Spain)
www.youtube.com
Disclaimer: Parts of this thread are sarcastic. This thread is meant to suggest to do something with the "mini mod" rule.

For reference, the mini-modding rule is stated below:

Actual suggestion:
For clarity purposes, what about renaming it to "no impersonating staff/other players"? How can a regular player act like a staff if he/she doesn't have staff powers? If the player threatens to "ban," then this would fall under threats or staff impersonation.

*Disclaimer applies starting here*
So, what does this rule mean? As it says above, we cannot act like a staff member. By this logic, this means it's bannable to do things that staff can do. Since this server is becoming closer and closer to Mineplex, we can therefore say that it's bannable to deal with hackers, to report players, to warn players, to use the forum, and to help players.

Example 1: Suppose we have 2 players. Player A is a regular player and player B is hacking. Player A decides to report player B for hacking. Under the mini-mod rule, player A is banned for mini-modding (reporting players) and player B is banned as usual for hacking.

Example 2: Suppose we have 2 forum users, user A and user B. User A notices that user B is posting a hacker video on the forums. User A decides to help user B by telling user B to report on the new reports system. User A is warned for mini-modding.

How this is bannable:
We need to know what a mod or staff does first. A staff/mod moderates the forums and the game by warning players, making sure the players aren't breaking the rules, and giving appropriate punishments. The players have to warn others for chat offenses and record hacking before reporting. We can see that warning players and enforcing the "no hacking" rule are considered "mini modding." Therefore, every normal player on the server has been unintentionally breaking the rules because of this.

The best solution
Hate handling reports? Then this is for you!

-No more reports section. Hey, since reporting players is bannable, then this has to be deleted so players cannot mini-mod.
-Remove chat altogether for normal players. Remember, to give a warning, players have to chat, right?
-No more forums. If we want players to behave and some players help others and it is a staff's duty to help and moderate, then no more forums means players cannot mini-mod!

Bottom line/TL;DR: The rules should be made clearer.
the same that he tells you

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016

'<Playername>,

What about saying “I will get you banned”?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Wouldn't that be straight up impersonation
Honestly I think the difference is just the tone you give off; sounding entitled to authority would seem like minimodding to me :P

Reactions: Nikboo

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
-No more reports section. Hey, since reporting players is bannable, then this has to be deleted so players cannot mini-mod.
-Remove chat altogether for normal players. Remember, to give a warning, players have to chat, right?
-No more forums. If we want players to behave and some players help others and it is a staff's duty to help and moderate, then no more forums means players cannot mini-mod!
No no and no

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom