Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe that this is a feature worth being added into the CubeCraft Java server?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
As we all know, various clients/mods like LabyMod or Neat offer a damage indicator, which to some extent, is an unfair advantage. I noticed this when I switched from LabyMod to 5zig and was looking for an alternative damage indicator. I tried playing a few games without one though and quickly realized how dependant I really was on it. So why not give such a beneficial feature to all players in the community. Why not add a simple overhead tag displaying a player's health, it would allow many players to switch from Laby to another client so they can make reports with the website, along with players on the default versions being able to compete to a degree against players with various clients such as LabyMod.

Forgive me for all the grammar inaccuracies within this post; I just wanted to make it straight forward, hence it turned out a bit rushed.

Thanks for reading this.
Dreamspqce.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I agree with this. There should be a default overhead tag showing another person's health. That way, we don't have to worry about installing mods or something else. Also, it can be benefitial in games like pvp, skywars or eggwars, in which you would be able to see how many hearths they have.
Good idea.

Reactions: Technosword

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!
Although I suggested this idea before and did not get any replays, I still agree with you.

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
No. I'm gonna overanalyze like a nerd c:

As you said, it gives an unfair advantage to the user. The solution to this would be to remove (forbid the use of damage indicators) said unfair advantage.

Also, damage indicators can create stalemates, where the player flees whenever they're low on health. In vanilla MC, this won't happen because you don't know your enemy's hp.

Plus, it becomes really easy to clean. You know exactly how many hits the other person needs to die. There is never a real risk of losing.

And last, it degrades the skill level of the player because as you said, the player becomes dependent on it. They must always have a predictable fight. Without it they struggle to win.

And it's not really all that hard to play without it. It's much more fun to be honest.
I have used a damage indicator once. It was just kills, kills, kills and wins. I knew the outcome of the fight before it even started. I knew when to run and when to be aggressive. What's fun about a game where you know what's going to happen?

I haven't used it again but I've been winning games almost as easily. Playing without it is only a matter of acclimatization. You'll get used to it and fights will feel more rewarding.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
Indeed it is a good idea

I remember there was a thread back in May that actually got escalated which said that Damage Indicator is kinda unfair as not everyone has it and you have to install a few things, which some users might not like to!
So I think that by adding it to the whole server would be a great solution

But there are some cons, as not everyone might want it in the server, so there has to be an official poll asking if Damage Indicator should be implemented.

Now there is another part. Which type of damage indicator would you like to be implemented?
- The one that has the healthbar and the hearts get lower and lower
- The one that says the health by a number

If you want to check out the thread that I mentioned that got escalated, here you have it! You can have a look and check people's opinion: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/damage-indicator-is-kinda-unfair.239286/

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
It would need to be like laby or neat. I personally think hypixels damage indicator is really bad, as it only shows a number. If cc does this, i hope they do better then hypixel.
I prefer the simplicity of Hypixel's damage indicator, but giving options in the settings to make it more like LabyMod would be even better as players can configure it to their likings.

Now there is another part. Which type of damage indicator would you like to be implemented?
- The one that has the healthbar and the hearts get lower and lower
- The one that says the health by a number
As mentioned above, players should be able to configure this in the settings, but at default, I'd prefer it was set to numbers for simplicity as logging onto a server for the first time to see large health bars over the player's head wouldn't look too amusing.

Plus, it becomes really easy to clean. You know exactly how many hits the other person needs to die. There is never a real risk of losing.

I have used a damage indicator once. It was just kills, kills, kills and wins. I knew the outcome of the fight before it even started. I knew when to run and when to be aggressive. What's fun about a game where you know what's going to happen?
Cleaning is an issue but isn't a big enough reason to completely remove damage indicators.
From a competitive standpoint where each and every hit matters, a damage indicator can be proven very useful. No, it's not just kills, kills, kills, and wins unless you're extremely good at PVP. Playing against players at the same skill-level while using a damage indicator will still result in a climatic and potentially argues fight. All it does is give players less to think and worry about. For example, if a player notices he/she is low on health, but then notices the opponent has even less health, he/she can continue fighting and kill the opponent. If this were applied more, fights wouldn't last as long as they typically would which should be considered beneficial as in games such as Eggwars, stacking and camping which leaves long fights is a big enough problem to deal with.

I like this idea, and if players prefer not to use a damage indicator then they could just turn it off in settings. +1
Yes! Using the settings to either configure or disable this feature would work splendidly so all players can adjust it to their likings.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately I have to disagree. If everyone has a damage indicator, you have more chance of getting “cleaned” when you are low.

If this wasn’t the case I would have votes yes, but I just don’t like getting “cleaned”.

Reactions: luv!

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Unfortunately I have to disagree. If everyone has a damage indicator, you have more chance of getting “cleaned” when you are low.

If this wasn’t the case I would have votes yes, but I just don’t like getting “cleaned”.
Completely understandable, although I do hope CubeCraft finds a general solution to this, if damage indicators were included, this would better acclimate players to be more aware and make them more skilled in fleeing areas in a short period of time.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
This is a very useful feature, and one of my favourite ones that I used to have turned on, when I played with Laby mod some time ago.
The feature is a pretty helpful one, which doesn't bother too much anyone really, as there is a option to make the hearts bigger and smaller looking, which should be added as a setting if it gets implemented.
Although some people might argue that not everyone will like it which is completely true, as some people still prefer to play with out any helpful modifications, but I don't really think, that there are many of those people that will regret this getting added.
I voted with yes, because in general this mini feature would improve things for many players, a lot.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía

Even though it is true, it isn't any fact that can change matters as cleaning is part of the game, with or without damage indicator

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
Hmm I think it’s a okay Idea but most of the people who know what a damage indicator is already got one or do not one too use one so I don’t know how much people will use it but good idea tho!

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*

As you said, it gives an unfair advantage to the user. The solution to this would be to remove (forbid the use of damage indicators) said unfair advantage.

Also, damage indicators can create stalemates, where the player flees whenever they're low on health. In vanilla MC, this won't happen because you don't know your enemy's hp.

And last, it degrades the skill level of the player because as you said, the player becomes dependent on it. They must always have a predictable fight. Without it they struggle to win.

And it's not really all that hard to play without it. It's much more fun to be honest.

I haven't used it again but I've been winning games almost as easily. Playing without it is only a matter of acclimatization. You'll get used to it and fights will feel more rewarding.
At first I thought they should add it but then I read this. Completely agree.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Hmm I think it’s a okay Idea but most of the people who know what a damage indicator is already got one or do not one too use one so I don’t know how much people will use it but good idea tho!
The big difference here would be that this one could be very customizable, leaving other ones to be discarded.

Reactions: Skqrrt

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
The big difference here would be that this one could be very customizable, leaving other ones to be discarded.
True but if they want to add a damage indicator they should ban the other indicators because otherwise almost no one should use them
I don’t think they will add it tho

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Completely understandable, although I do hope CubeCraft finds a general solution to this, if damage indicators were included, this would better acclimate players to be more aware and make them more skilled in fleeing areas in a short period of time.
I think you need to come with the solution (if there is one). Your suggestion needs to be perfect if you want this to get implemented, otherwise moderators probably don’t want to Escalate your thread.

Also, not all players feel the need to get better.
Even though it is true, it isn't any fact that can change matters as cleaning is part of the game, with or without damage indicator
Of course, cleaning always happens. But damage indicators will kind of promote it. Now the biggest chance of getting cleaned is when someone sees you fighting and waits until your fight is over.

When the damage indicator gets implemented, people can see how much health you have and don’t have to notice your fight.

And I know labymod users already have one, but the chance of getting cleaned increases so much when everyone gets one.

I hope you understand.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
it would allow many players to switch from Laby to another client so they can make reports with the website
Exactly, I would love to be abled to report again, but since I started using labymod a few months ago I can't play without in anymore. I've tried several times but a damage indicator is just so nice to have.

On the other hand, downloading a mod is not much effort and most people could do this (looking to pc being capable of it) so they probably wont add this unfortunately.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Many threads in the past have tackled this mod to either ban it entirely or get it approved server-wide, yet none of these were ever accepted sadly.

Simply forbidding isn't enough but it is probably the best option from a competitive standpoint, as there's some people who can still use it behind the scenes for cheating. A way to completely enforce this is to use an anti-damage indicator that was seen on Badlion's server many years ago. What it does is that it spoofs damage indicators to show either 1 HP or 20 HP at all times no matter how much damage the target has taken.

Example: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/anti-damage-indicators.194/

Reactions: Simply
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom