Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Does this sound like a Good Idea? (Read the ENTIRE THREAD before voting, please)

• Total voters

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi there. My Name (alias) is Fiefens, and I have a very big suggestion planned for you today. This suggestion, if implemented, could have a couple of drawbacks, but I can 100% assure you that Cubecraft could go wild with this if implemented correctly.

(The argument is split up into five "spoiler tabs". Because the argument is long, the most important points are underlined and in bold, but try not to skip around too much, because you might miss something)

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past 4 years, or if you keep away from the 1.8 network of Cubecraft, you may have noticed that Minecraft has almost DOUBLED in its content size. There are SO MANY new items, features, and gameplay-changers that could impact Cubecraft in a VERY positive way.

The problem? Cubecraft is so focused on making sure 1.9-1.15 versions are entirely compatible, that any items post-1.9 are completely unusable because if they were allowed, 1.9 clients wouldn't understand what those items were. In addition, these 6 versions seem to be compatible, when in reality they are not. (More on that later...)

Cubecraft has implemented many custom plugins that seem to fix the incompatibility problem, but in a way, they just "compromise" and "cover-up" the problem. (Again, More on that later...)

I understand that my opinion isn't the most popular, but this "version compatibility plugin mess" (as I've been calling it), is FLAT OUT BAD for so many reasons.

My Request is that Cubecraft would get rid of the 1.9-1.15 network when 1.16 comes out, and start a new, ONLY 1.16 network (STILL KEEPING THE 1.8 NETWORK). I know that you likely won't agree with me at first, but I might have enough evidence to convince you.

I'm going to start out by saying that Cubecraft seems to have little to no idea that the physics of Minecraft (Block placing, movement speed in specific circumstances, attack speed and reach, block breaking, etc) have changed ever-so-slightly across the 1.9 to 1.15 era.

What does this mean for Cubecraft? Picture the following situation: Two Players, Fiefens and Kikens, are playing a game of Skywars. They are the Final Two players, however, Fiefens is playing on 1.15, and Kikens is playing on 1.9.

Because 1.9 physics are ever so slightly different than 1.15's (for bug-fixing reasons by Mojang, essentially) when Fiefens traps Kikens in a fancy fall trap, her 1.9 client thinks that she is still on a solid block, rather than over the air. Her client sends this information to the Cubecraft Server. However, Fiefens sees that Kikens is over the air, so his client tells Cubecraft that Kikens should fall. Now the two clients are arguing, so the server uses its plugins to make a "compromise", to make "everyone happy". It puts Kikens over the void but doesn't make her fall... because Kikens' 1.9 client thinks that Kikens is still on a block. Kikens sees the block that she is standing on, but Fiefens sees her levitating over the void. Kikens is allowed by both her client and the server to place blocks to save herself, allowing her to kill a very confused Fiefens.

(I apologize if that made zero sense to you.)

To sum that long paragraph up, Cubecraft is forcing several versions to be compatible with their fancy plugins.
A plugin does not fix a problem. It covers up a problem, by "compromising", as stated above.

These 6 Minecraft Versions are NOT AT ALL designed to be compatible with each other. They have different physics, different makeup, and different everything that makes them separate Minecraft Versions.

It's likely you only know half of the things 1.15 added.

Sure, it added Bees and a load of other bee-related items, but the whole reason they added those to the game is that Bees are Bugs, and Mojang wanted to symbolize that 1.15 was going to be a bug-fix update, for both client-side singleplayer, and Multiplayer Servers as well. Cubecraft CANNOT miss out on the almost UNREAL server improvements of this update.

More than 600 bugs were fixed in 1.15, and those bugs will remain fixed in 1.16, the version I would like the new network to be in.

Those previous reasons should have convinced the person who cares about the technical aspect of Cubecraft. But most people aren't acquainted with that knowledge.

So how can I Convince them?

With this very simple, easy to read list of advantages that will appeal to anyone with rudimentary knowledge about the Minecraftian Universe.

Starting with...

New Weapons! Think of the crossbow firing and Trident Wielding! Who doesn't want to Pierce a group of ambushing players with the Crossbow, or fly across the map with a single-use Riptide 3 Trident? The possibilities are endless!

Think of the Netherite in 1.16! If you haven't seen the snapshot for 1.16 yet, you will realize that come the update, diamond won't be the strongest material anymore...

Stained Clay in Eggwars? If you don't think Concrete looks 1000x better, you are colorblind.

Look me in the eyes and tell me that Totems of Undying won't be AWESOME.

What kinds of Weapons can Cubecraft come up with using the Evocation Fangs...

Allow me to build SUPERSPEED Eggwars Bridges with Blue Ice!

If the EggWars Villager sells me a Ravager Egg, Ill throw a party.

If someone used BeeHives with Bees in them to defend their egg? Have a backup army ready to strike?

WHO EVEN KNOWS what other amazing features they will add in 1.16 that could benefit Cubecraft Games immensely!

I'm sure I could think of twice as more if I took the time, but I'll let yall do that :3

And so, we come to the end! I think I have supplied a fair bit of evidence to support my claim. Please let me know what you think in the poll above. And if you have any add-on suggestions or criticisms, please comment them. Thank you, and have a wonderful day :D

Reactions: EasyNorth

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think everyone agrees with 1.15 support, but we all understand (you should too) that upgrading from 1.9 to 1.15 is a massive technical undertaking and would require a server overhaul never seen before, it would be extremely difficult to do and require a ridiculous amount of developer time and realistically nobody is 100% sure it will boost the server in any way.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
I think everyone agrees with 1.15 support, but we all understand (you should too) that upgrading from 1.9 to 1.15 is a massive technical undertaking and would require a server overhaul never seen before, it would be extremely difficult to do and require a ridiculous amount of developer time and realistically nobody is 100% sure it will boost the server in any way.

Yes, it is true that it will take a massive effort by the Cubecraft Developers, but do we still want to base Cubecraft in 1.9 when, say, 1.20 comes out? Cubecraft cant live in the past forever... or else people will complain about the lack of new features. I already am in a way ;)

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Yes, it is true that it will take a massive effort by the Cubecraft Developers, but do we still want to base Cubecraft in 1.9 when, say, 1.20 comes out? Cubecraft cant live in the past forever... or else people will complain about the lack of new features. I already am in a way ;)

I'm sure the Devs are aware of this but this plan is an extremely long term investment that is currently unreachable and might be superfluous. All of the features that 1.15 brings to the table probably won't be utilized so it might be more trouble than it's worth. Also keep in mind that CubeCraft is going through other updates to make the server better than ever so i'd look forward to that first.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
The only reason it might take a while is because it seems like more 3/4 of the development team is working on Bedrock... sad, but hopefully the “changing how they run cubecraft” update fixes some things :)

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I think it's quite known that there's a new PvP update coming. If CubeCraft decides to split the community again by having 1.8, 1.9 and the newest combat, they can add new things. New maps using concrete, the new wood etc. They can add tridents to games.
I don't think it's going to take an insane amount of time before the combat update so I think it's a better idea to wait for it. Then if it's released, perhaps split the community again. Maybe that'd be better for CubeCraft as well since, iirc, it's already a the most popular 1.9 server. So also having the new combat as an option, could be good.

And people won't get mad asking where 1.9 is, and people won't make a million suggestion threads asking where it is.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
You are right about the problem with the 6 different versions.Sometimes issues come in but there should be massive voting in my openion for what version should stay if it isn’t 1.16.
Eggwars with bees or skywars with tridents would be something really fun to play at the beginning but it may kill the whole idea of the games after people start abusing those items.
The ideas may be good, but I’m not sure if every cubecraft player is ready for this kind of update.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
The only reason it might take a while is because it seems like more 3/4 of the development team is working on Bedrock... sad, but hopefully the “changing how they run cubecraft” update fixes some things :)
You are talkinh like if you knew what every staff member is doing exactly on the team, and.... yes you are wrong. Not every developer is focussed on bedrock. So please think or ask before typing something.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
You are talkinh like if you knew what every staff member is doing exactly on the team, and.... yes you are wrong. Not every developer is focussed on bedrock. So please think or ask before typing something.

What project is being worked on in Java by the design/development team?

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hi there. My Name (alias) is Fiefens, and I have a very big suggestion planned for you today. This suggestion, if implemented, could have a couple of drawbacks, but I can 100% assure you that Cubecraft could go wild with this if implemented correctly.

(The argument is split up into five "spoiler tabs". Because the argument is long, the most important points are underlined and in bold, but try not to skip around too much, because you might miss something)

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past 4 years, or if you keep away from the 1.8 network of Cubecraft, you may have noticed that Minecraft has almost DOUBLED in its content size. There are SO MANY new items, features, and gameplay-changers that could impact Cubecraft in a VERY positive way.

The problem? Cubecraft is so focused on making sure 1.9-1.15 versions are entirely compatible, that any items post-1.9 are completely unusable because if they were allowed, 1.9 clients wouldn't understand what those items were. In addition, these 6 versions seem to be compatible, when in reality they are not. (More on that later...)

Cubecraft has implemented many custom plugins that seem to fix the incompatibility problem, but in a way, they just "compromise" and "cover-up" the problem. (Again, More on that later...)

I understand that my opinion isn't the most popular, but this "version compatibility plugin mess" (as I've been calling it), is FLAT OUT BAD for so many reasons.

My Request is that Cubecraft would get rid of the 1.9-1.15 network when 1.16 comes out, and start a new, ONLY 1.16 network (STILL KEEPING THE 1.8 NETWORK). I know that you likely won't agree with me at first, but I might have enough evidence to convince you.

I'm going to start out by saying that Cubecraft seems to have little to no idea that the physics of Minecraft (Block placing, movement speed in specific circumstances, attack speed and reach, block breaking, etc) have changed ever-so-slightly across the 1.9 to 1.15 era.

What does this mean for Cubecraft? Picture the following situation: Two Players, Fiefens and Kikens, are playing a game of Skywars. They are the Final Two players, however, Fiefens is playing on 1.15, and Kikens is playing on 1.9.

Because 1.9 physics are ever so slightly different than 1.15's (for bug-fixing reasons by Mojang, essentially) when Fiefens traps Kikens in a fancy fall trap, her 1.9 client thinks that she is still on a solid block, rather than over the air. Her client sends this information to the Cubecraft Server. However, Fiefens sees that Kikens is over the air, so his client tells Cubecraft that Kikens should fall. Now the two clients are arguing, so the server uses its plugins to make a "compromise", to make "everyone happy". It puts Kikens over the void but doesn't make her fall... because Kikens' 1.9 client thinks that Kikens is still on a block. Kikens sees the block that she is standing on, but Fiefens sees her levitating over the void. Kikens is allowed by both her client and the server to place blocks to save herself, allowing her to kill a very confused Fiefens.

(I apologize if that made zero sense to you.)

To sum that long paragraph up, Cubecraft is forcing several versions to be compatible with their fancy plugins.
A plugin does not fix a problem. It covers up a problem, by "compromising", as stated above.

These 6 Minecraft Versions are NOT AT ALL designed to be compatible with each other. They have different physics, different makeup, and different everything that makes them separate Minecraft Versions.

It's likely you only know half of the things 1.15 added.

Sure, it added Bees and a load of other bee-related items, but the whole reason they added those to the game is that Bees are Bugs, and Mojang wanted to symbolize that 1.15 was going to be a bug-fix update, for both client-side singleplayer, and Multiplayer Servers as well. Cubecraft CANNOT miss out on the almost UNREAL server improvements of this update.

More than 600 bugs were fixed in 1.15, and those bugs will remain fixed in 1.16, the version I would like the new network to be in.

Those previous reasons should have convinced the person who cares about the technical aspect of Cubecraft. But most people aren't acquainted with that knowledge.

So how can I Convince them?

With this very simple, easy to read list of advantages that will appeal to anyone with rudimentary knowledge about the Minecraftian Universe.

Starting with...

New Weapons! Think of the crossbow firing and Trident Wielding! Who doesn't want to Pierce a group of ambushing players with the Crossbow, or fly across the map with a single-use Riptide 3 Trident? The possibilities are endless!

Think of the Netherite in 1.16! If you haven't seen the snapshot for 1.16 yet, you will realize that come the update, diamond won't be the strongest material anymore...

Stained Clay in Eggwars? If you don't think Concrete looks 1000x better, you are colorblind.

Look me in the eyes and tell me that Totems of Undying won't be AWESOME.

What kinds of Weapons can Cubecraft come up with using the Evocation Fangs...

Allow me to build SUPERSPEED Eggwars Bridges with Blue Ice!

If the EggWars Villager sells me a Ravager Egg, Ill throw a party.

If someone used BeeHives with Bees in them to defend their egg? Have a backup army ready to strike?

WHO EVEN KNOWS what other amazing features they will add in 1.16 that could benefit Cubecraft Games immensely!

I'm sure I could think of twice as more if I took the time, but I'll let yall do that :3

And so, we come to the end! I think I have supplied a fair bit of evidence to support my claim. Please let me know what you think in the poll above. And if you have any add-on suggestions or criticisms, please comment them. Thank you, and have a wonderful day :D
I think I don't really like this, because you can't remove the '1.9 pvp' from CubeCraft that everyone is playing...

pipiklatie

Jan 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Also if cubecraft Goes to 1.15 and get writ of All other versions for example labymod would not be compatible with 1.15 because they cant make a client that fast and since loads of people use clients it would not be that hands to change imidiantly

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think it's quite known that there's a new PvP update coming. If CubeCraft decides to split the community again by having 1.8, 1.9 and the newest combat, they can add new things. New maps using concrete, the new wood etc. They can add tridents to games.
I don't think it's going to take an insane amount of time before the combat update so I think it's a better idea to wait for it. Then if it's released, perhaps split the community again. Maybe that'd be better for CubeCraft as well since, iirc, it's already a the most popular 1.9 server. So also having the new combat as an option, could be good.

And people won't get mad asking where 1.9 is, and people won't make a million suggestion threads asking where it is.

CCG should 100% NOT split the community once again. If anything, they should use the combat update to merge the 2 communities. Having to develop on two separate versions is extremely wasteful of developer time and resources let alone 3.

Hopefully, the new combat update will actually cater to the MC pvp community requests rather than implementing it as they did with the 1.9 version.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
CCG should 100% NOT split the community once again. If anything, they should use the combat update to merge the 2 communities. Having to develop on two separate versions is extremely wasteful of developer time and resources let alone 3.

Hopefully, the new combat update will actually cater to the MC pvp community requests rather than implementing it as they did with the 1.9 version.

Thats what my idea was in a way... however, everyone says that will take too much "development time". As stated by Jeb, the combat features will be implemented when "they are ready", this could be at any time...

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
Since they added version 1.9 in cubecraft, I have noticed that many players went to the other larger network, but it was worse when they put "Sentinel" since it was not so perfect and reduced the players even more, eh seen that in "hp "There are many players, including former Cubecraft players, I took the time to ask them and their answer was that they prefer to play 1.8 to 1.9, others said the same thing and were banned by the new anticheat. Anyway, I think there is a little mess in that aspect on the server, but everyone has their own tastes. I had also stopped playing on the server when the version changed, but when they returned to 1.8 I came back and played so far. I like 1.8. It is something that must be decided.

In my opinion, I should only see a version that everyone should play, I know it is good to update it, but I honestly prefer version 1.8.

There must be an error and they have to fix it to return to as before but better. You just have to find the error because the server is lowering its level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
This would indeed make for some interesting gameplay. But like others are saying, Cubecraft may not be ready for such an immense updates with your ideas included. And if such update were to happen, there could be no telling if Cubecraft is going to gain players from this. Then again, it will be a nice 1.16 server if they did. But as of right now, I believe they shouldn’t update it. Of course, in the future, this would be a marvelous update, especially with the new game coming out on Cubecraft, skyblock. Overall, for this idea of implementing 1.16, I’m sort of neutral.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Velocidad wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Velocidad wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicitaciones! ;)
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOO
Eli wrote on Fisktratt's profile.
Caaaaaalva
Loskol wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom