Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this sub game mode be added into Island Games?

• Obviously! I cant believe no one else though of this, Brilliant :)

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No, sorry, I do not agree with this suggestion :(

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
So we all know of the current 2, and soon to be 3 game modes you get in Island Games but what if there would be a fourth Minigame. So we have come up with an idea for a new game mode that I have compiled into sections for your convenience, Enjoy :).

You will be in teams or solo where you have your own island, this has a similar aspect to Egg Wars where you have to gear up to beat other teams an take over their islands, The islands will be situated in the ocean about 100 - 200 blocks away from each other.

There will be mini islands close to your island made from Gold, Iron, and Diamond and these islands are mini islands that generate their corresponding resources. In order to get the resource generators to activate you will have to go to a mid-island between all other islands and destroy 3 different regenerating blocks at mid These blocks will be gold, iron and diamond and you will get a nether star dedicated to each generator for example, If you break the gold block at mid you will get a gold nether star which you can use to activate your gold resource island and to gain gold you have to break gold blocks on your activate resource island and you use the resources you get to buy gear from a villager shop.

The villager shop is straightforward, it will be located on your main island where you are able to purchase gear like Pickaxes, Axes, Swords, and armor. Each one of these will have different prices depending on the strength and speed of each item you need to buy, A wooden pickaxe would cost 24 iron whereas a diamond pickaxe would cost 64 diamonds.
The same goes for food, armor, specials, and weaponry

To win you or your team must build, swim or get a boat to get to the enemy team, You have to protect your island and make sure that the enemy team is not able to get onto your island, To win you must be the last team standing and this will work by going to the enemy team and breaking 3 Obsidian Block placed deep within the island, Once these three blocks are destroyed that team will not be able to respawn next time they die. The team or person that takes over all island or is the last person standing wins the game.

Notes:
1 - If you agree with this suggestion then please vote yes on the poll
2 - If you disagree please vote no on the poll and let me know in the replies why you dislike it.
3 - If you think it is incomplete and are neutral with your vote, reply with something that you think will improve this suggestion and I will add it to the Community Tweaks Section
4 - Please read through the whole thread before making a final decision.
5 - Please read all comments first before replying to avoid double posting or confusion :)

Community Tweaks:

Reactions: CommunistCactus

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I like the idea, I voted for Yes. But can you protect the obsidian? If Yes What blocks do you use? And If No, Why ?
Anyway you get a +1 for me

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
This seems too similar to Eggwars to me:
  • Generators produce currency
  • Buy items from villager shop with currency from generators
  • Go to mid to activate generators
  • Protect some kind of block from being destroyed by enemies
  • Players respawn until this kind of block is destroyed
  • After this kind of block is destroyed, enemies must be killed, after which they cannot repsawn
I like your idea of the maps being water-based, especially with the boats, but I'd like to see many other unique features for the game before I feel it deserves its place to exist alongside on the same server as Eggwars.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
This seems too similar to Eggwars to me:
  • Generators produce currency
  • Buy items from villager shop with currency from generators
  • Go to mid to activate generators
  • Protect some kind of block from being destroyed by enemies
  • Players respawn until this kind of block is destroyed
  • After this kind of block is destroyed, enemies must be killed, after which they cannot repsawn
I like your idea of the maps being water-based, especially with the boats, but I'd like to see many other unique features for the game before I feel it deserves its place to exist alongside on the same server as Eggwars.
Base Idea
You will be in teams or solo where you have your own island, this has a similar aspect to Egg Wars where you have to gear up to beat other teams an take over their islands, The islands will be situated in the ocean about 100 - 200 blocks away from each other.

Just Please read everything. It's unique because you have obsidian blocks instead of eggs, island Will be on water (ocean) Gameplay is different and most of the supplies you can buy, you need more rescources

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Just Please read everything. It's unique because you have obsidian blocks instead of eggs, island Will be on water (ocean) Gameplay is different and most of the supplies you can buy, you need more rescources
I did read it.
"a similar aspect to Eggwars"

This seems too similar to Eggwars to me
"too"
*proceeds to list out how it is in my opinion not just a "similar aspect" and in fact shares many, many features*
By "too" I meant the similarity was to a greater extent than I would like to see before I feel it deserves its place to exist alongside on the same server as Eggwars.
I did read it, and my points that:
  • This seems too similar to Eggwars to me, and
  • I'd like to see many other unique features for the game before I feel it deserves its place to exist alongside on the same server as Eggwars
still stand.
He may have conceded that had a similar aspect to EggWars, I was saying the similarities were too much for my liking.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I like the idea, I voted for Yes. But can you protect the obsidian? If Yes What blocks do you use? And If No, Why ?
Anyway you get a +1 for me

No, the obsidian will not be protected by another block near it, Building near the obsidian blocks will be prohibited in a certain space, You will, however, be able to build around your island to stop players from getting in :) The reason for this is to stop players from making it to hard to destroy the main block and also to give another unique aspect to this game

Yes like i said this is built off of the aspect of egg wars but keep in mind generators do not generate the same way, You have to activate the gold island for example with a gold nether start by taking it to a block in the middle of the gold island This will cause the island to start spawning gold block which you have to mine to get gold ingots to use in the villager shop, the same counts for iron and diamond islands.
This is also situated on sea rather than air, this is made to be a faster type of game mode, etc easier to get to the players island, You do not risk dying from bow shots and you can not protect the three obsidian blocks situated on your island, you can only build around your island to stop players from getting in. If you have any other tweaks to add to this, that will help :)

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
So we all know of the current 2, and soon to be 3 game modes you get in Island Games but what if there would be a fourth Minigame. So we have come up with an idea for a new game mode that I have compiled into sections for your convenience, Enjoy :).

There will be mini islands close to your island made from Gold, Iron, and Diamond and these islands are mini islands that generate their corresponding resources. In order to get the resource generators to activate you will have to go to a mid-island between all other islands and destroy 3 different regenerating blocks at mid These blocks will be gold, iron and diamond and you will get a nether star dedicated to each generator for example, If you break the gold block at mid you will get a gold nether star which you can use to activate your gold resource island and to gain gold you have to break gold blocks on your activate resource island and you use the resources you get to buy gear from a villager shop.

The villager shop is straightforward, it will be located on your main island where you are able to purchase gear like Pickaxes, Axes, Swords, and armor. Each one of these will have different prices depending on the strength and speed of each item you need to buy, A wooden pickaxe would cost 24 iron whereas a diamond pickaxe would cost 64 diamonds.

To win you or your team must build, swim or get a boat to get to the enemy team, You have to protect your island and make sure that the enemy team is not able to get onto your island, To win you must be the last team standing and this will work by going to the enemy team and breaking 3 Obsidian Block placed deep within the island, Once these three blocks are destroyed that team will not be able to respawn next time they die. The team or person that takes over all island or is the last person standing wins the game.

Notes:
2 - If you disagree please vote no on the poll and let me know in the replies why you dislike it.
3 - If you think it is incomplete and are neutral with your vote, reply with something that you think will improve this suggestion and I will add it to the Community Tweaks Section
5 - Please read all comments first before replying to avoid double posting or confusion :)

Community Tweaks:
Not a bad idea so, +1

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Wonderful idea +1 from me and I suggest by taking over the island is you have to capture 3 points on their island to successfully take it over and win the game?

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Or Eggwars Ocean Maps which id prefer
You should go ahead and make a seperate suggestion on that :) but for me i am suggesting a new minigame

It is too similar to eggewars for me as well, sorry.

Cyqni here is a quote for you
Yes like I said this is built off of the aspect of egg wars but keep in mind generators do not generate the same way, You have to activate the gold island for example with a gold nether start by taking it to a block in the middle of the gold island This will cause the island to start spawning gold block which you have to mine to get gold ingots to use in the villager shop, the same counts for iron and diamond islands.
This is also situated on sea rather than air, this is made to be a faster type of game mode, etc easier to get to the players island, You do not risk dying from bow shots and you can not protect the three obsidian blocks situated on your island, you can only build around your island to stop players from getting in. If you have any other tweaks to add to this, that will help :)

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016

Notes:

Community Tweaks:

1. [/QUOTE

Notes:

Community Tweaks:
reallt good idea! I agree! +1 from me!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom