Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
So we've been asking for Skyblock for a very long time and until now we didn't get any news about it.
I think its mainly because Cubecraft isn't able to come up with an original Skyblock mode. So instead of reintroducing Skyblock we could add 4 Pillar Survival!
vmyEbs5.png

This is basically Skyblock but with a few tweaks. There will be 4 unique pillars. One with ores, dirt, obsidian, clay/sand. This is how players will be able to obtain different resources. (NOTE: THE ORE PILLAR DOESN'T HAVE COAL)
The border will be 5 blocks after each pillar so the player can secure them before mining.
The main chest will contain the following:
NTEKSuk.png
The sapling will be random for each player and so will the animal. That will encourage people to trade with each other.
On top of each pillar there will also be a chest with some extra resources such as rare seeds or more bone meal.
vGyrjbP.png
There will also be a chest under the player's island with 2 spawn eggs for either 2 wolfs or 2 ocelots. That way the player will be able to have cats or dogs on his/her island.
rSwttKf.png
The challenge is that there will be no platform under that chest and there's a bedrock block above it.

Cobble stone generators will also have a low chance of turning into ores instead of cobblestone. So if a player is low on a certain resource he can simply use cobblestone generators to get it.

After the player has gathered enough resources he/she can sell them at spawn for Skycoins (Skyblock currency). There they're also able to buy Emeralds for Skycoin. Emeralds can be used to or trade with Villagers at spawn.
Seeds
Saplings
Nether wart
Sand
Dirt
Clay
Gravel
Netherrack
Farm Animal spawn eggs
Wolf/Ocelot Spawn eggs
Dyes
Glowstone
Prismarine lamps/blocks
Purpur blocks/end rods
Music CDs
Blaze Rods
Name tags
Nether Star (64 Emerald blocks)
Snow balls
Slime balls
Quartz
Of course these items will be quite expensive to encourage players to trade with other players instead of buying them. Not everyone will get cows, they'll maybe get sheeps or pigs which have different drops.
(Other items can be obtained by farming.)

These are the challenges that come with 4 Pillar Survival. I removed some because those wouldn't be possible on a big server or they're simply stupid:
- Cobblestone generator.
- Make an infinite water source.
- Make your house 20 blocks away from the island.
- Expand the island.
- Trade with all the villagers.
- Collect all the resources from the chests.
- Craft a bed.
- Make a melon farm.
- Make a pumpkin farm.
- Make a potato farm.
- Make a carrot farm.
- Make a sugarcane farm.
- Make a wheat farm.
- Make a nether Wart farm.
- Make giant mushrooms. (Can be done by right clicking a mushroom with bone meal)
- Mate 10 cows.
- Mate 10 pigs.
- Mate 10 chickens.
- Mate 10 sheeps.
- Mate 10 ocelots.
- Mate 10 wolves.
- Get 1 cat
- Get a dog/wolf
- Craft a beacon.
- Craft an anvil.
- Craft 10 flower pots.
- Make an ender chest.
- Build a nether Portal.
- Make a Pumpkin Pie.
- Make 5 Snow Golems.
- Make 2 Iron Golems.
- Make 10 mushroom stew.
- Craft 10 Jack 'o' lanterns.
- Craft 10 bookcases.
- Make a Cake.
- Craft an enchantment table.
- Enchant all your tools.
- Enchant your armor.
- Craft a Brewing Stand.
- Craft all the potions.
- Collect 20 Ender-pearls.
- Cook 10 fish.
- Craft 10 Black Wool.
- Craft 10 Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Light Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Lime Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Red Wool.
- Craft 10 Yellow Wool.
- Craft 10 Pink Wool.
- Craft 10 Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Orange Wool.
- Craft 20 Paintings.
- Collect 128 arrows.
- Craft a bow.

Well let me know what you think.

Last edited:

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
It's a good thought I guess but honestly I personally would prefer just the classic skyblock (plus shops). Obtaining the pillars isn't really a matter of challenge, but just something you'll get done when you can be bothered to do it, and mostly just to get rid of the eyesore. It just seems like a pointless extra chore.
If you really want to start with the more ores and blocks rather than just being able to buy them, I think it'd be better to either just have them in another chest, or just have them as layers under your original skyblock.
ORRR if it can be coded, it could be like a milestone reward system? E.g. first time you get a stack of logs you'll be awarded 30 iron ores in your inventory?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
It's a good thought I guess but honestly I personally would prefer just the classic skyblock (plus shops). Obtaining the pillars isn't really a matter of challenge, but just something you'll get done when you can be bothered to do it, and mostly just to get rid of the eyesore. It just seems like a pointless extra chore.
If you really want to start with the more ores and blocks rather than just being able to buy them, I think it'd be better to either just have them in another chest, or just have them as layers under your original skyblock.
ORRR if it can be coded, it could be like a milestone reward system? E.g. first time you get a stack of logs you'll be awarded 30 iron ores in your inventory?
Many skyblock servers already have such a reward system. Get x items and you'll get a diamond. Kinda boring. If you want, you don't even have to remove the pillars. You could just leave them there as an aesthetic. Besides the point of the pillars is so that players won't be able to buy ores. Obsidian and Ores aren't for sale. Players can only get more by farming cobblestone farms or simply by trading with other players. Villagers mainly sell "cosmetic" items/blocks and some endgame items.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Many skyblock servers already have such a reward system. Get x items and you'll get a diamond. Kinda boring. If you want, you don't even have to remove the pillars. You could just leave them there as an aesthetic. Besides the point of the pillars is so that players won't be able to buy ores. Obsidian and Ores aren't for sale. Players can only get more by farming cobblestone farms or simply by trading with other players. Villagers mainly sell "cosmetic" items/blocks and some endgame items.
I just don't see them being used as aesthetic...What if you get rid of the 4 pillars and instead have 1 bigger pillar which you spawn on, which would within it contain all these ores and resources? I'm think 6 by 6, then you'd have say the first 5 layers with dirt, then some layers of sand, clay, iron, gold, redstone, lapis, etc etc, obsidian on the bottom.
What do you think of that?
And I don't know about other servers sry <.<

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I just don't see them being used as aesthetic...What if you get rid of the 4 pillars and instead have 1 bigger pillar which you spawn on, which would within it contain all these ores and resources? I'm think 6 by 6, then you'd have say the first 5 layers with dirt, then some layers of sand, clay, iron, gold, redstone, lapis, etc etc, obsidian on the bottom.
What do you think of that?
And I don't know about other servers sry <.<
That's an interesting idea. But that would mean some heavy changes must be made and it could create other annoyances. Such as having to move your base and cobble gen because you have to mine everything under the main platform. Also the whole chests on top of pillars idea would have to get removed and every item put into one single chest. And getting resources would be less of a challenge because all of the resources are in one place. It's not a bad idea but I'm not a fan of it.

Or quit the whole "sky" part and just make a full-blown survival server as soon as 1.13 is fully released. Might just save the server.
HA! Jokes on you because its called 4 Pillar "Survival".

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
And you think 1.13 survival can save it?
Games like UHC, arcade, prototype lobby etc, they all follow a certain pattern.
Week 1, everyone wants to try the gamemode
Week 2-4, gamemode is doing well but slowly losing players
Week 4-6, game still active but little players online, games take ages to start due to little players.
Week 6+, dead, new players can't even try the gamemode because there aren't enough players to start the game.

Now, this is because all those gamemodes, after you finish playing them, it's over. The game ended, that's it. Survival on the other hand, will not end after a few minutes. It'll continue for months. That keeps the initial excitement of week 1 (somewhat), and I think players will have a higher chance of sticking with it. Even if it does lose some players, it doesn't have the problem other dying gamemodes have: Not enough players to start the game. With 1.13 around I think it has a lot of exciting features for players to explore, and it might just do a lot better than what skeptics initially thought.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Games like UHC, arcade, prototype lobby etc, they all follow a certain pattern.
Week 1, everyone wants to try the gamemode
Week 2-4, gamemode is doing well but slowly losing players
Week 4-6, game still active but little players online, games take ages to start due to little players.
Week 6+, dead, new players can't even try the gamemode because there aren't enough players to start the game.

Now, this is because all those gamemodes, after you finish playing them, it's over. The game ended, that's it. Survival on the other hand, will not end after a few minutes. It'll continue for months. That keeps the initial excitement of week 1 (somewhat), and I think players will have a higher chance of sticking with it. Even if it does lose some players, it doesn't have the problem other dying gamemodes have: Not enough players to start the game. With 1.13 around I think it has a lot of exciting features for players to explore, and it might just do a lot better than what skeptics initially thought.
Same could be said about this gamemode. Its Skyblock but with a twist. Even if there's only one person playing it he/she can still enjoy the gamemode with a friend or two. Anyone could get sheep/cow farms but if they start with pigs they'll have to grind resources a bit before they can buy them.
Eventually Cubecraft could add some challenges with 1.13 in mind. Such as get an aquarium with Dolphins, Salmon, Pufferfish, Sea Turtles and Tropical Fish. Or get a trident by farming drowned mobs.
are u srs?
Yes, is there a problem?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Same could be said about this gamemode. Its Skyblock but with a twist. Even if there's only one person playing it he/she can still enjoy the gamemode with a friend or two. Anyone could get sheep/cow farms but if they start with pigs they'll have to grind resources a bit before they can buy them.
Eventually Cubecraft could add some challenges with 1.13 in mind. Such as get an aquarium with Dolphins, Salmon, Pufferfish, Sea Turtles and Tropical Fish. Or get a trident by farming drowned mobs.

Yes, is there a problem?
Both could work, I just prefer survival because it's an open world and I don't want to mine cobblestone all day for eternity, and neither will a lot of players I suspect. Also it would kinda throw away the potential of 1.13

Reactions: Despacito 2

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Both could work, I just prefer survival because it's an open world and I don't want to mine cobblestone all day for eternity, and neither will a lot of players I suspect. Also it would kinda throw away the potential of 1.13
I like the idea of a classic survival gamemode. I doubt it wouldn't be successful, and would definitely spend a lot of time on it. But I don't see why it has to be one or the other, you could have survival and this 4 pillar thing.
This thread is about skyblock, so let's keep the discussion about that. Make a new suggestion thread for survival, I'd support it, and it could be discussed there.
About players not wanting to mine skyblock all day, yeah it is a grind-y aspect of the gamemode, however that has always been a part of skyblock, and skyblock is beloved by many players.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I like the idea of a classic survival gamemode. I doubt it wouldn't be successful, and would definitely spend a lot of time on it. But I don't see why it has to be one or the other, you could have survival and this 4 pillar thing.
This thread is about skyblock, so let's keep the discussion about that. Make a new suggestion thread for survival, I'd support it, and it could be discussed there.
About players not wanting to mine skyblock all day, yeah it is a grind-y aspect of the gamemode, however that has always been a part of skyblock, and skyblock is beloved by many players.
I’d play both Survival and this

Top Bottom