Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

IDKhan

Jul 14, 2021
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I honestly don't see the point anymore

How are you going to tease a whole community with a massive update, just to leave us hanging and then scraping it a year later

No matter how much you update eggwars, it won't make up for this

Plus what is happening with the staff team, half of the people that I thought were the best members are gone, either demoted or left
most left

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-172209~2.png
    Screenshot_20220727-172209~2.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

RoseIgnis

Jul 27, 2022
Pronouns
They/Them
This is a massive letdown to everyone who plays skyblock, I seriously hope that they change their mind on this, because skyblock once had more players than skywars and the like when it first came out. Just look at Hypixel, their main game is skyblock, and they know it. They can see where they did well, and they focus on that. But they still focus on their other games too, which sets them apart from everyone else, and is the reason for their success. Now if Cubecraft started focusing on all their games, instead of releasing tons of pointless maps for their PVP games, it would be an enjoyable server to play on. This is just a case that shows how your community is going to react if you don't give them the one thing you have been hyping them all up for.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Quote from Story:

“We've decided to put our resources elsewhere. Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs, we'd like to come back to it in the future.”

I understand your frustration but looking at this from both sides I’d much rather wait longer for an update that’s good than one that’s disappointing. Scrapped doesn’t mean it’ll never see the light of day. It’s just not in the immediate priority.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Now if Cubecraft started focusing on all their games, instead of releasing tons of pointless maps for their PVP games, it would be an enjoyable server to play on.
There are 2 major teams in the server that create content for the server: the design team and the development team.

The design team builds cool maps, makes epic loot and designs beautiful skins (but they are mostly active on the Marketplace).
The development team develops minigames, infrastructure and many other background things that players will never see.

Cubecraft has stated that we don't have enough resources to bring out a Skyblock update. This is a problem with the development team, and NOT with the design team. We can continue giving the community maps, as these are made by a completely different team.

You can't let a designer build plugins, for the same reason that you can't let a developer create skins or maps.
It's not their specialty.

RoseIgnis

Jul 27, 2022
Pronouns
They/Them
Then if you're understaffed, hire new people. I'm sure you can hire your own community to make the end update. You just need to find the right people.

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Then if you're understaffed, hire new people. I'm sure you can hire your own community to make the end update. You just need to find the right people.
Hiring new staff is a pretty long process that can’t just happen in a few minutes. I mean, if it’s really that easy for cubecraft to get staff, why don’t you apply right now? It’s just not practical to hire a staff member if you don’t have enough proof they can be a good worker.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
"if you're understaffed, hire new people" - implies that cubecraft should rush with hiring people
"you just need to find the right people" - implies that cubecraft should take their time with hiring people

as mentioned, the hiring process of developers is incredibly long. not because it's a bad process, but as it's been said, they want to find the right people. i can assure you that if the right person applied, they would get into the team, but there's an entire process to run through before that happens. it's naive and kind of ironic that you're saying cubecraft are doing "bad" business decisions yet you're suggesting a bad one yourself by making spur of the moment hires that potentially couldn't be sustainable in the future :D

Reactions: FoxFil_ and IDKhan

IDKhan

Jul 14, 2021
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
There are 2 major teams in the server that create content for the server: the design team and the development team.

The design team builds cool maps, makes epic loot and designs beautiful skins (but they are mostly active on the Marketplace).
The development team develops minigames, infrastructure and many other background things that players will never see.

Cubecraft has stated that we don't have enough resources to bring out a Skyblock update. This is a problem with the development team, and NOT with the design team. We can continue giving the community maps, as these are made by a completely different team.

You can't let a designer build plugins, for the same reason that you can't let a developer create skins or maps.
It's not their specialty.
Honestly fair enough
Just wished that we were told that your struggling with resources making the skyblock update and that's why it was in the backlog, instead of telling us that good updates take time just to then scrap it

But I wish cc the best with this problem and regardless of how long it takes to eventually come back into development and be released, I will be excited to see it

Also sorry for accidently starting a bit of an argument with this thread lol

• Heart
Reactions: Egg🥚
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom