Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!
Aug 3, 2021
Singapore
I recently took a break from Minecraft in general after going on a trip overseas during my summer holiday. Before, let me preface this by saying that I played EggWars with friends for hours on end during the summer break - endless fun. Returning to CubeCraft and seeing the awful, pointless changes being implemented and the basic fundamental things that made this game fun get thrown out the window is genuinely painful. At this point, just revert every single change that was made to EggWars because not a single change was beneficial! The price changes completely change how you play, the netherrite addition just makes PvP more headache-inducing. I think i speak for most of the community when I say that the prices were something that should not have been touched, and even if they did, not to the degree that they changed it to. By simply changing the price of leather armor and blocks, so many players now have to switch play styles thanks to this change.

Please, please, PLEASE REVERT!!!

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
I recently took a break from Minecraft in general after going on a trip overseas during my summer holiday. Before, let me preface this by saying that I played EggWars with friends for hours on end during the summer break - endless fun. Returning to CubeCraft and seeing the awful, pointless changes being implemented and the basic fundamental things that made this game fun get thrown out the window is genuinely painful. At this point, just revert every single change that was made to EggWars because not a single change was beneficial! The price changes completely change how you play, the netherrite addition just makes PvP more headache-inducing. I think i speak for most of the community when I say that the prices were something that should not have been touched, and even if they did, not to the degree that they changed it to. By simply changing the price of leather armor and blocks, so many players now have to switch play styles thanks to this change.

soo the update is good for me i have still fun with mi friends and laura said smt thats meaning the casual players had no fun to play the old eggwars bc they got distroyed in 30 secs and that was hurting cubecraft player count and in mc bedrock there more casual player than sweats that meaning if we make the server intristing for casual players cubecraft have a higher player count and with the update the casual players have a chance to win a game withaut get distroyed or have luck and be in a sweat team.thats the real thing why the update is here its not for the sweats. or du have fun to get distroyed in 1 min in every game the game was unfair and cube changed it soo that the update is fair now thats why kb got changed.keep up the great work (: cya

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada

There was 1 new change I liked, which is shop discounts.
They also should revert the new kb. It sucks in my opinion.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Returning to CubeCraft and seeing the awful, pointless changes
The only pointless things in the game are the wooden pick and sword, and the KB changes. There was no reason to change KB form how it was before the update, and noone uses wooden stuff. The only time I see wooden pickaxes have a use is when a person tries to rush someone else really quickly and just could not be bothered to wait the extra 3 seconds to buy the stone pick. And I've never seen anyone use the wooden sword.

basic fundamental things that made this game fun get thrown out the window
Not sure what was fun about the game before the update. For better players, it was just trying to farm as many wins as quickly as possible and for everyone else the game consisted purely of getting destroyed by said better players. Basically, for a small portion of the playerbase, it consisted of farming stats, for the rest it consisted of being farmed on.

At this point, just revert every single change that was made to EggWars because not a single change was beneficial!
So, changes that lead to eggwars becoming the servers most popular gamemode, boosting its player numbers to a point where almost half the server at any given time is playing eggwars, are supposed to not be beneficial? alr, whatever you say man.

I think i speak for most of the community when I say that the prices were something that should not have been touched
Based on the player numbers since the update: no, you are not speaking for most of the community.

By simply changing the price of leather armor and blocks, so many players now have to switch play styles thanks to this change.
That's the whole point of this actually. They don't want you to attack players as quickly as you can, they want to encourage other playstyles so they make it harder to rush by making self defense easier for the players and making it more expensive to rush players early.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I still enjoy EggWars even after the update. The reason I was not disappointed with the update is because I was prepared for it, I still am able to finish games under 5 mins because of that.
There was 1 new change I liked, which is shop discounts.
They also should revert the new kb. It sucks in my opinion.
I agree! The knockback nerf was unnecessary and it only made games longer because you cannot hit people off easily. Due to this, fighting stacked players and 2v1s are so much harder. It is not fun at all. I made a feedback post about the knockback since I'm not happy with it. Hopefully it'll be reverted back to how it was before August 30

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020

Go play hive treasure wars lol

Aug 3, 2021
Singapore
The only pointless things in the game are the wooden pick and sword, and the KB changes. There was no reason to change KB form how it was before the update, and noone uses wooden stuff. The only time I see wooden pickaxes have a use is when a person tries to rush someone else really quickly and just could not be bothered to wait the extra 3 seconds to buy the stone pick. And I've never seen anyone use the wooden sword.

Not sure what was fun about the game before the update. For better players, it was just trying to farm as many wins as quickly as possible and for everyone else the game consisted purely of getting destroyed by said better players. Basically, for a small portion of the playerbase, it consisted of farming stats, for the rest it consisted of being farmed on.

So, changes that lead to eggwars becoming the servers most popular gamemode, boosting its player numbers to a point where almost half the server at any given time is playing eggwars, are supposed to not be beneficial? alr, whatever you say man.

Based on the player numbers since the update: no, you are not speaking for most of the community.

That's the whole point of this actually. They don't want you to attack players as quickly as you can, they want to encourage other playstyles so they make it harder to rush by making self defense easier for the players and making it more expensive to rush players early.
no, you are not speaking for most of the community.
Hey, maybe I'm not and that's fine. I'm just going off of the threads and discussions I saw on the forum. But for relatively longtime players who have been consistently playing EggWars for a few years at least, these updates are pretty drastic and change the playstyle a lot. But I respect your opinion

Aug 3, 2021
Singapore

In order to prove this they should've utilised the beta games lobby for this. If the changes were well received then fair enough.

Reactions: Reesle
Aug 3, 2021
Singapore
Reactions: Reesle

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Just look at the many threads on the forum criticizing it. Out of 5 threads regarding the update, maybe 1 of them is a positive one.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/your-opinion-on-the-1-19-update.346557/ Take this one for example, with a literal poll asking about how people feel about the update
The thing is: the forums consist almost entirely of long-time players who don't exactly fit into the average casual type of play that is most common on the whole server.

It doesn't matter how many threads are negative compared to positive ones. It can be 4 out of 5, it can be 99 out of a 100. It doesn't matter, because the actual majority of the community isn't even active on the forums, or even the discord. I doubt that the average cubecraft player even knows those things exist, with the amount of people who not only know but also have an account being so low we are speaking of a part of the playerbase so small you can hardly even be claiming to be representing a minor group of the server, nevermind the whole community.

To see what the whole community likes, you gotta pay attention to the player numbers and popularity of each minigame. And eggwars has never been more popular than it is now. As much as you, and people like you, and the majority of the active forums users may dislike the update, the majority of the whole servers community likes the update.

This update alone made cubecraft have several thousands more players than the hive at peak hours, to a point where sometimes the hive is closer to lifeboat in player numbers than it is to us, with hives equivalent of eggwars, treasure wars, being nowhere near this popular, and that despite the fact that (allegedly, the source being some randoms on the forums saying that) cubecrafts eggwars speedrunning and grinding communities apparently switched to treasure wars after the update.

Aug 3, 2021
Singapore
The thing is: the forums consist almost entirely of long-time players who don't exactly fit into the average casual type of play that is most common on the whole server.

It doesn't matter how many threads are negative compared to positive ones. It can be 4 out of 5, it can be 99 out of a 100. It doesn't matter, because the actual majority of the community isn't even active on the forums, or even the discord. I doubt that the average cubecraft player even knows those things exist, with the amount of people who not only know but also have an account being so low we are speaking of a part of the playerbase so small you can hardly even be claiming to be representing a minor group of the server, nevermind the whole community.

To see what the whole community likes, you gotta pay attention to the player numbers and popularity of each minigame. And eggwars has never been more popular than it is now. As much as you, and people like you, and the majority of the active forums users may dislike the update, the majority of the whole servers community likes the update.

This update alone made cubecraft have several thousands more players than the hive at peak hours, to a point where sometimes the hive is closer to lifeboat in player numbers than it is to us, with hives equivalent of eggwars, treasure wars, being nowhere near this popular, and that despite the fact that (allegedly, the source being some randoms on the forums saying that) cubecrafts eggwars speedrunning and grinding communities apparently switched to treasure wars after the update.
Yeah, you bring up many good points

The stats don't lie and yeah you're right it actually is a lot more popular now

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
To those players who switch from Eggwars to Hive Treasure Wars you were never really a CC fan you just hated the Hive's lack of PVP updates.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom