Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
hello,

Can I just ask someone on the staff team why a dislike button hasn't been added yet?! It's been suggested 10s, maybe even 100s, of times and nobody has added it yet and there's not a good reason for it not to exist.

Thanks,
Commissioned
P.S this isn't supposed to be an immature hate thread, I just wanted to bring up this suggestion again without actually making a suggestion because it's been suggested enough

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
suggestion Ignored multiple times for a reason.

A dislike button won't do anything good, it will only do bad. Can't this thread be locked already? @AnimalTamer1 @Lezappen @Marieke2001
What's wrong with a dislike button? When a thread gets locked you can only like posts. If you don't agree with something then you are completely silenced. It's kind of like a poll with only 1 option. Either vote or don't (aka a petition which are illegal on the forums).

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
What's wrong with a dislike button? When a thread gets locked you can only like posts. If you don't agree with something then you are completely silenced. It's kind of like a poll with only 1 option. Either vote or don't (aka a petition which are illegal on the forums).
Well what's wrong with the dislike button , is that people will mostly use this to hate on people or even just because they only wanna use the dislike button. I think that creating the dislike button wouldn't also be a good idea because when you dislike something I would like to hear why you dislike and why you don't wanna see it getting added.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Well what's wrong with the dislike button , is that people will mostly use this to hate on people or even just because they only wanna use the dislike button. I think that creating the dislike button wouldn't also be a good idea because when you dislike something I would like to hear why you dislike and why you don't wanna see it getting added.
Disliking a thread simply shows you do not support it. It's a quick way to express your opinion, dislikes wouldn't count against likes or anything. They would just show up there. There's a reason youre supposed to have a no option in yes and no polls

D

Deleted member 59979

As said already by Lezappen, there is no need for unnecessary negativity on the forums. If you disagree with a thread then comment below why. A dislike button would not add any positivity leaving no point for it

Reactions: Zombiepower
D

Deleted member 169486

A dislike button won't do anything good, it will only do bad
How?

As said already by Lezappen, there is no need for unnecessary negativity on the forums. If you disagree with a thread then comment below why. A dislike button would not add any positivity leaving no point for it

If I look at a suggestion and it has 0 likes I'm not going to spend time looking through pages of posts when clearly no one likes it, but if I see 10+ likes then I know people like it and it's worth checking out. The same with dislikes, if there are 10+ dislikes I'll know people don't want it, but if there are 15 likes and 12 dislikes then I know it's controversial and probably worth my time.

kyklooliaveri

Mar 30, 2018
this would only bring negativity, i don't know why you keep saying that there's not a good enough reason whilst this reason is actually a good normal reason

Reactions: Ruisdier
D

Deleted member 169486

this would only bring negativity, i don't know why you keep saying that there's not a good enough reason whilst this reason is actually a good normal reason
If I look at a suggestion and it has 0 likes I'm not going to spend time looking through pages of posts when clearly no one likes it, but if I see 10+ likes then I know people like it and it's worth checking out. The same with dislikes, if there are 10+ dislikes I'll know people don't want it, but if there are 15 likes and 12 dislikes then I know it's controversial and probably worth my time.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Disliked
Dislike.png
;(

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
We have the like button for the sake of convenience (at least that's what I think it's for). The like button provides an easy method for me to express my opinion on something without going out of my way to post a comment saying "I like this idea!" or "This is funny!" The dislike button, in my opinion, works the same. If I don't agree with something, I can just click a button, and boom! My opinion is expressed. I don't have to go ahead and make a comment saying "I dislike this idea." And before someone says, the dislike button wouldn't be an exactly helpful critique, I can say the same thing about polls. That's not any different. If someone votes no, it's not like they will always provide a reason when asked to. Besides, we will have people who actually provide reasons/feedback, and not a simple "+1" or "-1."

About spreading negativity. There's nothing wrong with that. Is it a really big deal to get mad over a simple dislike? How is it any different than me saying I dislike your idea. If someone abuses the dislike button, that can be easily fixed. Like @Earth said in the other thread, you can add a limit to how many dislikes you can give per day. Or you can make it rule, like the "like farming rule" (even though plenty of people still do it).

Yes it's indeed basically the same as adding a "no" option to your poll but lots of people put "Explain why" bihind this and that's for a reason as well. Some (lazy) people will probably just simply dislike the thread instead of actually going to the comments and explaining (with valid arguments) why they disagree which might even have influenced the opinions of other people who are reading the thread (and therfore the eventual conclusion of the thread). This is something I'd like to prevent. If you want people to know you don't agree, then why not explain why you disagree in the first place? This would be way more useful. You might convince other people to change their mind about this certain suggestion but it would also be easer for other people to try and convince you as well. If you don't have any valid arguments against the suggestion and/or are not sure what to say, then I don't get why you disagree in the first place...

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yes it's indeed basically the same as adding a "no" option to your poll but lots of people put "Explain why" bihind this and that's for a reason as well. Some (lazy) people will probably just simply dislike the thread instead of actually going to the comments and explaining (with valid arguments) why they disagree which might even have influenced the opinions of other people who are reading the thread (and therfore the eventual conclusion of the thread). This is something I'd like to prevent. If you want people to know you don't agree, then why not explain why you disagree in the first place? This would be way more useful. You might convince other people to change their mind about this certain suggestion but it would also be easer for other people to try and convince you as well. If you don't have any valid arguments against the suggestion and/or are not sure what to say, then I don't get why you disagree in the first place...

I'm not good at transitioning, so I'm breaking up my response :v

- I can put the options "yes" and "no - explain why below" but that does not mean everyone will give a reason. Hardly a good point to make in my opinion as its not different to the "yes" and "no" poll.

- Lazy people, I'm one of them. If I agree with a thread, I'll be lazy and like it. If I think it's completely unneccessary to type out I agree, I can use the like button. If I want to disagree, I have to write a comment saying I disagree or simply not give a response. What??

- The effects the amount of dislikes has on the overall consensus of a suggestion thread can be use the same way for the like feature.

- I've spent a moderate sum of time on this forum, and there are a lot of things I find myself disagreeing with. For an example, suggestion threads about giving /nick to your average player. I don't really want to spend the next few seconds/minute typing out a reponse of which everyone else will type (because people always say the same thing despite other people already making it rather clear earlier). Some of the replies on this thread are testimony to this statement. While I can go ahead to like the comment that actually goes into why this suggestion is a bad idea, I think the dislike feature carries a bit more weight than that. If I find something not funny, I can dislike it. Take the CCG Meme Thread, you'll see some really good meme sometimes, and sometimes you'll find ones that are not so good. Dunno about you, but I rather people be real and not fake. If you find something I say/post disagreeable/not funny, I rather you come straight out and tell me. This can be done by disliking the post.

~
Anywayyyys, this part is not directed at anyone in particular, but kinda does. No offense to anyone.

I think one the realest moments I've ever seen on this forum was Efcluke94 telling people why map submission was closed. Most people just give back responses that are overwhelmingly positive, even if the submission wasn't exactly top level. Real critique was almost non existent in those threads (although it's probably because most of the people replying have little experience in map making). Point is, negativity is not neccessarily a bad thing. Unneccessary negativity, is another. But what does that even mean in this context? I don't really understand how it's any different from me liking a post that actually says what I want to say. Like... that click of a button blatantly expresses my opinion (negativity) towards the subject the comment was directed at.

L

Lightning McQueen

:(:(That is extremely :eek: offensive that you have a negative :mad: opinion on this thread. :pPlease do not be negative :)on ANY MORE THREADS.;)

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:cool:

YES please. I also think a dislike rating should be added to everything- profile posts included.

Reactions: Despacito 2
I also think a dislike rating should be added to everything- profile posts included.
Please no. People like popular in-game players or maybe even certain YouTubers might get a super great like/dislike ratio while their suggestions and other posts are of terrible quality. In my opinion, this is kind of unfair to all well respected forum members who did actually deserve their like/dislike ratio because of having good comments with valuable arguments and great suggestions. Just a dislike option would be arguable but it shouldn't show at your profile imo. It's one of the reasons I don't like Hypixel's forums.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D If you need help just dm me or other staff and we will be happy to help you. ^-^
Reesle wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :)
You’re cool for joining 😎
UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
Top Bottom