Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Will the amount of players who plays CubeCraft risen or stay the same beyond 2023?

• 60k players ( its peak )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this really depends on how well Minecraft bedrock does in the future. I could see cube being successful if mojang were to merge Java into bedrock, which seems more likely than the other way around. On the other hand, Minecraft could continue to decline, especially if mojang focuses on “Minecraft legends” It’s kind of a shame cubecraft’s success is partially dependent on Minecraft’s success as a whole.

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this really depends on how well Minecraft bedrock does in the future. I could see cube being successful if mojang were to merge Java into bedrock, which seems more likely than the other way around. On the other hand, Minecraft could continue to decline, especially if mojang focuses on “Minecraft legends” It’s kind of a shame cubecraft’s success is partially dependent on Minecraft’s success as a whole.
This is a great point since it all depends on the outcome of Mojang. However, CubeCraft server will be more successful as time goes by since the team is doing a fascinating job with the updates, support, etc :)

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
As much as I'd like it to be 40 or even 60 k, the thing is: Cubecraft would need to practically completely eat up the hive and lifeboat.

Its not unachievable, but it depends on how far "beyond 2023" we are going. If its 2024, I believe 40 k might be a bit much, 30 k or slightly above sounds realistic though.

To eat up the hive and lifeboat, cubecraft needs to be more appealing than these two, be of higher quality and needs a larger selection of unique and fun minigames.

Being more appealing, as seen by eggwars's popularity and success since the update, is very easy to achieve: make the minigames more playable for casual and less-skilled players, and they will all leave the hive and lifeboat as if they've never existed. As well as potentially attracting people who wanted to try pvp, but found it too difficult, which might potentially increase demand for pvp minigames in general. But that's just the pvp minigames.

Non-pvp games? Well, here we kind of have the problem that cubecraft hardly has any. Parcour, Skyblock and Minerware aren't bad minigames, but just 3 non-pvp gamemodes are very few considering how large the audience for non-pvp games is on other servers and bedrock as a whole.

On the hive, as much as pvp games may be 2 of the 3 most popular games (no.1 is "just build", 2 is skywars, 3 is treasure wars), around 2/3rds of the server prefer non-pvp options.

On lifeboat, even if bedwars may be its second most popular minigame, only around a fifth of the entire server players pvp minigames.

Here, its less about appeal, and more about selection. Cubecraft would need to extend its offer of non-pvp minigames to include at least very generic versions of what's simply popular on other servers, like murder mystery, build battles or lifeboats survival mode.

Bonus points if they'd have some unique twist or extra mechanics or features compared to other servers to make them stand out (same can be applied for pvp games, but here a lot of them are already fairly unique), for example: different kinds of build battle gamemodes (something like eggwars's "overpowered" and "ultra hardcore" modes, like a "speed build" mode, where you'd get less building time), custom items in a survival gamemode, a fourth role in a murder mystery mode, etc.

Otherwise, cubecraft could try to come up with some minigame of their own (doesn't even have to be non-pvp), an original new Minigame (or at least a very heavily modified version of something that already exists) could easily gain hundreds, if not maybe even several thousands extra players for the server.

In terms of quality, cubecraft and hive are already close. In some aspects, cubecraft is even better than the hive, like the anticheat for example. But at the same time, new updates on the hive, once they actually happen, usually don't result in having to put up with game ruining bugs and insane lag for 2 weeks before the game finally becomes playable again.

With all of that being said, I do think that at least some of these things (like more approachable minigames or a generally higher quality of the server) are already a work in progress, and I do believe 40k will be achieved at some point in the future, just not sure how far into the future.

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
As much as I'd like it to be 40 or even 60 k, the thing is: Cubecraft would need to practically completely eat up the hive and lifeboat.

Its not unachievable, but it depends on how far "beyond 2023" we are going. If its 2024, I believe 40 k might be a bit much, 30 k or slightly above sounds realistic though.

To eat up the hive and lifeboat, cubecraft needs to be more appealing than these two, be of higher quality and needs a larger selection of unique and fun minigames.

Being more appealing, as seen by eggwars's popularity and success since the update, is very easy to achieve: make the minigames more playable for casual and less-skilled players, and they will all leave the hive and lifeboat as if they've never existed. As well as potentially attracting people who wanted to try pvp, but found it too difficult, which might potentially increase demand for pvp minigames in general. But that's just the pvp minigames.

Non-pvp games? Well, here we kind of have the problem that cubecraft hardly has any. Parcour, Skyblock and Minerware aren't bad minigames, but just 3 non-pvp gamemodes are very few considering how large the audience for non-pvp games is on other servers and bedrock as a whole.

On the hive, as much as pvp games may be 2 of the 3 most popular games (no.1 is "just build", 2 is skywars, 3 is treasure wars), around 2/3rds of the server prefer non-pvp options.

On lifeboat, even if bedwars may be its second most popular minigame, only around a fifth of the entire server players pvp minigames.

Here, its less about appeal, and more about selection. Cubecraft would need to extend its offer of non-pvp minigames to include at least very generic versions of what's simply popular on other servers, like murder mystery, build battles or lifeboats survival mode.

Bonus points if they'd have some unique twist or extra mechanics or features compared to other servers to make them stand out (same can be applied for pvp games, but here a lot of them are already fairly unique), for example: different kinds of build battle gamemodes (something like eggwars's "overpowered" and "ultra hardcore" modes, like a "speed build" mode, where you'd get less building time), custom items in a survival gamemode, a fourth role in a murder mystery mode, etc.

Otherwise, cubecraft could try to come up with some minigame of their own (doesn't even have to be non-pvp), an original new Minigame (or at least a very heavily modified version of something that already exists) could easily gain hundreds, if not maybe even several thousands extra players for the server.

In terms of quality, cubecraft and hive are already close. In some aspects, cubecraft is even better than the hive, like the anticheat for example. But at the same time, new updates on the hive, once they actually happen, usually don't result in having to put up with game ruining bugs and insane lag for 2 weeks before the game finally becomes playable again.

With all of that being said, I do think that at least some of these things (like more approachable minigames or a generally higher quality of the server) are already a work in progress, and I do believe 40k will be achieved at some point in the future, just not sure how far into the future.
All the information you said above are solid. The CubeCraft team needs to work a bit on improving new futures in the server. Overall, the way you think and explain is great and I appreciate your thoughts as well :)

Reactions: CrystalLegend01
Aug 15, 2023

I will always play on hive. The knockback on cubecraft is so bad (my opinion)… Cubecraft has some upsides like many updates, but I just enjoy hive more. Also CubeCraft anti cheat is much worse than flareon. Hive’s anti cheat is updated on a daily base and I often see cheaters getting banning live in game. Senitel still has many fly bypasses, fast speeds and bans pretty slow. Also the amount invis/closet cheaters increases on both servers…

Reactions: Fadelicious

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I will always play on hive. The knockback on cubecraft is so bad (my opinion)… Cubecraft has some upsides like many updates, but I just enjoy hive more. Also CubeCraft anti cheat is much worse than flareon. Hive’s anti cheat is updated on a daily base and I often see cheaters getting banning live in game. Senitel still has many fly bypasses, fast speeds and bans pretty slow. Also the amount invis/closet cheaters increases on both servers…
Both of the servers are great with different gameplay. Keep in mind that both of the servers are working extremely difficult to make the game experience smoother for all the players who plays Minecraft. Whether they have a good anti-cheat or not, there's always room for improvement, and I am pleased with the fact that both servers are trying their very best to compete and make Minecraft servers a better place for everybody :)

Reactions: thetigerpython

gloryrunner

Sep 2, 2023
Given recent trends I wouldn't be surprised if CubeCraft will be able to pull 20k concurrent players at peak hours by the end of the year. Just a couple days ago I saw the player count reach 18k. As long as the server continues to update and provide a quality experience for players, they are definitely on track to meet this goal. CubeCraft does an extremely good job at managing the number of cheaters on the network. From my experience as someone who plays primarily SkyWars, it is extremely rare to encounter a cheater, and in the few instances that I have, they were banned by the anticheat or staff. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about Lifeboat, which is the server I used to spend most of my time on.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom