• I think it's okay. (requires changes)

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • I do not like it!

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Not sure what you mean, can you explain how this works?
for when Xi wishes to play some cubecraft with the boys y’know

Jokes aside, I think the discord looks a little clean, but Idk what you meant by removing flags emojis or whatever???
Another suggestion is adding an FFA voice and text server, yes it’ll be a mess but it’s all fun at the end of the day.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
I liked how it is organized, detailed, and simple.
New comers will not suffer again after this amazing update!

Reactions: Gregeyy

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This looks amazing! Can't wait to see this update implemented :heart:
Great job guys! Just a little suggestion:

Why don't you add emojies to the roles?
It'd look much better if you add an emoji in front of the name of the roles representing their job. Have some examples:
🧾・Helper
👮
・Moderator
👨‍💼・Administrator
Thanks for the amazing work! 😍
Thanks for the suggestion, after doing a poll with staff we've decided to implement this for the update!

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
No offense but it looks like a really terribly designed mess(I kinda changed my mind after a bit of looking around actually. I have mixed feelings though), you should keep the old format's simplicity, like, do you really need a category for every single language? (I just noticed there are also two new languages- It's still a lot of split categories. I would understand the argument that, some people would wanna collapse a category for an entire language. But idk man, it just feels too much to make 5 new categories for all foreign languages, 6th for "international".)
Overall: I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand it feels like it'll be less of a mess, on the other it seems like it's just so many categories clogging up so much space for no reason. Honestly, I do not know.

The emojis- I completely hate that, but it's just a personal pet peeve. Just a question: Why did you feel it was necessary, and do you genuinely believe it brings anything of value?
I'm not saying it's a terrible design, but I hate it personally. I'm wondering if you really believe these emojis add anything of value.

Making it so that you can post media in all channels now: I'm a big fan of that. Too many times we have to switch over to media for a SINGLE image and then go back to gen chat. This would require additional moderation to make sure it doesn't turn to spam and it stays on topic, but with the overwhelming amount of new staff, I'm sure channels being undermoderated won't be an issue anymore.

Separating Java and Bedrock channels into their own categories: Looks pretty good, the old layout looked really terrible in regards of that specific aspect, I'll give you that.
Separating Sr. Mods & Designers in the member list.
?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
No offense but it looks like a really terribly designed mess, you should keep the old format's simplicity, like, do you really need a category for every single language?
I would understand the argument that, some people would wanna collapse a category for an entire language. But idk man, it just feels too much to make 5 new categories for all foreign languages, 6th for "international".)
Sort of answered your own question here but yes if it's collapsible then it doesn't impact anyone negatively, only positively to the people who can talk to their own language communities.

you should keep the old format's simplicity
I feel as though a lot of people misinterpret "lack of categorization" with "simplicity". The fact that pretty much all themed channels fall under "general" is a pretty big issue as it means all new channels have to go under this.

do you genuinely believe it brings anything of value?
Colourful & cartoony aesthetics similar to our network & forums.

Reactions: Gregeyy

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I feel as though a lot of people misinterpret "lack of categorization" with "simplicity". The fact that pretty much all themed channels fall under "general" is a pretty big issue as it means all new channels have to go under this.
I think the simplicity I was aiming for was because of my initial bias towards the emojis. I just, really hate them, I've always hated them in every discord server I've joined. It's like adding a stupid quirky font, it just makes it look worse. But besides that, giving it another thought, yeah the design looks good.

For the many categories I guess collapsing them shouldn't be an issue, my only worry is voice chats clogging up the screen, on phone you can't collapse those, reaching the Turkish channel or Arabic channel would be a pain if all 3 Spanish voice chats were filled to the brim. I guess that's kinda why I hate seeing them so far apart? Collapsing voice channels doesn't work if people are in it and it becomes a navigating pain.
On the other hand though with two new languages added- I completely see why that'd be deemed necessary, doesn't change what I mentioned about it being a navigating pain- idk, again I have mixed feelings about this.
Sort of answered your own question here but yes if it's collapsible then it doesn't impact anyone negatively, only positively to the people who can talk to their own language communities.
Yeah nah this makes more sense, idk why I undermined it so much when I wrote my paragraph initially, sounds like a QoL change on second thought. But again- voice channels.

Reactions: Naitzirch and Story

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
The Discord server's layout needed an update at some point and I'm glad it's being worked on now - the redesign is very well done, it looks a lot more clean and organized.
Why don't you add emojies to the roles?​
It'd look much better if you add an emoji in front of the name of the roles representing their job. Have some examples:
🧾・Helper
👮
・Moderator
👨‍💼・Administrator
The only thing I'm iffy about is this^ I really don't like this idea and wouldn't want to see it at all. It feels way too messy and unnecessary to me.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The only thing I'm iffy about is this^ I really don't like this idea and wouldn't want to see it at all. It feels way too messy and unnecessary to me.

We had a staff poll in Slack about this with the attached screenshot. It had 30 votes for yes and 0 for no, so I think it's liked mostly. I thought it would be overkill as well but it looks alright.
1599503065501.png

Reactions: Gregeyy and Meiske

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
We had a staff poll in Slack about this with the attached screenshot. It had 30 votes for yes and 0 for no, so I think it's liked mostly. I thought it would be overkill as well but it looks alright.
View attachment 176817
Oh-
I was thinking about the emojis I saw from the reply, those look okay actually. Bit of overkill but not something I'd mind if it was added.

Reactions: Gregeyy and Meiske
Top Bottom