Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
One thing that is really annoying is that sometimes there are a ton of level 1 and level 2 towers in the beginning... for the entire game. People don't upgrade them, forget about them or just don't care. If everyone would be able to choose a path for the towers that problem would be fixed. New you can't do anything about them unless the placer leaves the game. You can ask, but often they either don't get it or are well.. annoying Minecraft player.

And maybe it can be a little bit more clear that the leach tower should be placed as close to the monster spawning area as possible. There are still too many people that waste 3k coins on the leach and place it as one of the very last towers... Whole game the towers are just doing nothing. And you can ask whatever you want, but everyone is way to ignorant to listen. Hell I would be okay if there would be a designated spot for the leach (and the leach only).

Also some people can place the tower, but do not have all the upgrades. Rendering the towers as good as useless late game.

Last edited:

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
People seem to be getting better about this, I haven't seen someone unwilling to upgrade when asked (or at least with a reasonable explanation why they aren't upgrading) in a while. The only tower this is really a problem with is archer anyway since all the other towers can be upgraded by other people. Same with the leech, most people are placing it at the spawn now (although I agree, when it's not then it's just a waste of a 5x5). Not sure what you're trying to say about people not having all the upgrades, they are a bit overpriced but you can't blame people for being new or not spending all their points on towers if td isn't their favorite game.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
> Also some people can place the tower, but do not have all the upgrades. Rendering the towers as good as useless late game.

I'm not blaming the people, i'm just saying it would be a lot better if everyone could upgrade all towers. The path upgrades. The leach (mage and ice) for example doesn't have different paths, but most other towers have.

When I want to path upgrade a tower from someone else who can't I have to build one on my own first and use shift click on them. So you technically already can upgrade all towers max from your teammates, but it's a work around. I don't see why we aren't allowed to do so normally.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
It would be better in most cases, but what if you just placed an archer that you were going to upgrade to path 1, and then a noob comes and makes it fire arrows because it's cheaper? The problem with any kind of fix for these kinds of things is that there's always a situation where it wouldn't work. Although maybe if they added a downgrade system, only accessible to the tower builder, to the same update... Then if someone puts it on the wrong path, it could be fixed.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
It would be better in most cases, but what if you just placed an archer that you were going to upgrade to path 1, and then a noob comes and makes it fire arrows because it's cheaper? The problem with any kind of fix for these kinds of things is that there's always a situation where it wouldn't work. Although maybe if they added a downgrade system, only accessible to the tower builder, to the same update... Then if someone puts it on the wrong path, it could be fixed.

Yeah, true. (path 2 is really useful though :P)

But there are certainly ways to improve the current situation, like you mentioned giving the owner the option to downgrade.

_PC_Load_Letter_

Jul 16, 2016
I think this is a good suggestion, and I'll also renew the suggestion that I've made before.

Aside from allowing other users to choose paths, there should be greater incentives to upgrade other people's towers. For example, if another player places a level 1 tower up front at the spawn, and you upgrade it to level 4, you don't get any of the reward coins when that tower kills mobs sent by the other team. I think this is why you often see people starting games by spamming a bunch of level 1 or level 2 towers near the spawn and waiting other people upgrade them during the course of the game. As another example, a lot of times you'll see experienced players put another tower right next to an existing one, rather than upgrade the existing one. This is because you actually have a strong incentive to not upgrade neighboring towers. Everytime you upgrade a neighboring tower that's not yours, in fact, you're basically taking away kill-reward coins from yourself and giving them to another player who may waste them on dumb things like sending level 1 giants.

If you had an algorithm whereby the "kill coins" for a tower are divided up amongst all of the users who placed/upgraded tower (perhaps proportionally based on the number of coins each user contributed to the total cost of the tower), you'd create powerful incentives for people to upgrade other users' towers.

Reactions: LeCastel

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
I think this is a good suggestion, and I'll also renew the suggestion that I've made before.

Aside from allowing other users to choose paths, there should be greater incentives to upgrade other people's towers. For example, if another player places a level 1 tower up front at the spawn, and you upgrade it to level 4, you don't get any of the reward coins when that tower kills mobs sent by the other team. I think this is why you often see people starting games by spamming a bunch of level 1 or level 2 towers near the spawn and waiting other people upgrade them during the course of the game. As another example, a lot of times you'll see experienced players put another tower right next to an existing one, rather than upgrade the existing one. This is because you actually have a strong incentive to not upgrade neighboring towers. Everytime you upgrade a neighboring tower that's not yours, in fact, you're basically taking away kill-reward coins from yourself and giving them to another player who may waste them on dumb things like sending level 1 giants.

If you had an algorithm whereby the "kill coins" for a tower are divided up amongst all of the users who placed/upgraded tower (perhaps proportionally based on the number of coins each user contributed to the total cost of the tower), you'd create powerful incentives for people to upgrade other users' towers.
Yes! It would solve all my money issues, since I usually wind up being that guy who upgrades all the towers.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom