Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Currently, the hidden chest will only reward between 50-150 points, 2-4 cubelets and 100-300 experience.
All of these can be achieved by just playing games as well and that's why I think it needs something special to stand out.

I'm proposing some new rewards, starting with a (personal) point multiplier. These only have a 0.2% (1 / 500) chance of being rewarded, however, to keep everything balanced. If a player actually is this lucky then they'll have to claim the multiplier in their rewards chest so they can also select the game they wish :D

EDIT: Considering you can only claim a hidden chest once per week..
To get a personal point multiplier, you'd have to locate an approximate 500 chests, which would take over 9,5 years!

Another reward I was thinking about are super cubelets and uber cubelets. Super cubelets should have a 5% (1 / 20) chance of being rewarded (only 1-2 at max.) and an uber cubelet only has a 1% (1 / 100) of being rewarded (only 1).

To get some super cubelets out of your hidden chest, you'd have to locate an approximate 20 of them, taking up a little over 4,5 months!..
Want to receive an uber cubelet though? Statistically speaking, you'd have to locate 100 chests and this would take, almost, 2 full years!

And finally, I think there should be a special Hidden Chest banner/balloon that only has a 0.01% (1/1,000) chance of being rewarded. Would be a neat thing to show off and impress your friends!

This loot item would be so absurdly rare that you'd have to spend over 19 years of your life locating hidden chests. If this ever were to be implemented and you get this loot item, then you are insanely, amazingly, absurdly lucky!

In my opinion, if a player is this lucky and receives the loot item from a hidden chest, then there should be a server-wide announcement saying "<player> just found <loot item> out of a Hidden Chest!" or something similiair

Last edited:

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Currently, the hidden chest will only reward between 50-150 points, 2-4 cubelets and 100-300 experience.
All of these can be achieved by just playing games as well and that's why I think it needs something special to stand out.

I'm proposing some new rewards, starting with a point multiplier. These only have a 0.2% (1 / 500) chance of being rewarded, however, to keep everything balanced. If a player actually is this lucky then they'll have to claim the multiplier in their rewards chest so they can also select the game they wish :D

Another reward I was thinking about are super cubelets and uber cubelets. Super cubelets should have a 5% (1 / 20) chance of being rewarded (only 1-2 at max.) and an uber cubelet only has a 1% (1 / 100) of being rewarded (only 1).

And finally, I think there should be a special Hidden Chest banner/balloon that only has a 0.01% (1/1,000) chance of being rewarded. Would be a neat thing to show off and impress your friends!
I also would like to see seasonal cubelets like Easter/Christmas cubelets when It's that time of the year if you found the chest. I like the idea. Maybe then I will put some effort to find the chest.

These are 2 great ideas. I hope these get implemented.

Reactions: God. and Priley

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I like this idea. At the time of releasing Chest Chaser, I didn't really want Super or Uber cubelets to be rewards, only points, experience and normal cubelets. I guess as Chest chaser has been out for a while, we could add 1-2 Supercubelets and 1 Uber cubelet into the rewards, but as you said, they will be very low chances. Also, with the release of Multipliers, we can even add personal point or experience Multipliers into the rewards if needed. We cannot sell or add personal Multipliers into the Cubelets, due to the EULA. But we can add them into Chest Chaser.

As for the loot items into the Hidden Chest, love that idea. Bit like Runescape with skill capes. I'll be down to add a rare loot item into the Hidden chest rewards, do you want make the banner and balloon? Private message me if you want to!

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I like this idea. At the time of releasing Chest Chaser, I didn't really want Super or Uber cubelets to be rewards, only points, experience and normal cubelets. I guess as Chest chaser has been out for a while, we could add 1-2 Supercubelets and 1 Uber cubelet into the rewards, but as you said, they will be very low chances. Also, with the release of Multipliers, we can even add personal point or experience Multipliers into the rewards if needed. We cannot sell or add personal Multipliers into the Cubelets, due to the EULA. But we can add them into Chest Chaser.

As for the loot items into the Hidden Chest, love that idea. Bit like Runescape with skill capes. I'll be down to add a rare loot item into the Hidden chest rewards, do you want make the banner and balloon? Private message me if you want to!
Yes, lovely! I'll work on some loot item designs this weekend! :)

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell

I'm proposing some new rewards, starting with a point multiplier. These only have a 0.2% (1 / 500) chance of being rewarded, however, to keep everything balanced. If a player actually is this lucky then they'll have to claim the multiplier in their rewards chest so they can also select the game they wish :D

I completely agree with this,it would make the chest more valuable and will be finally worth it to try to find it :D

U4lX2JL.jpg

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Reactions: God.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Little to add, to put into perspective how rare the rewards would be

Considering you can only claim a hidden chest once per week..

To get a personal point multiplier, you'd have to locate an approximate 500 chests, which would take over 9,5 years!

To get some super cubelets out of your hidden chest, you'd have to locate an approximate 20 of them, taking up a little over 4,5 months!..
Want to receive an uber cubelet though? Statistically speaking, you'd have to locate 100 chests and this would take, almost, 2 full years!

And then down to the insanely rare loot item: this loot item would be so absurdly rare that you'd have to spend over 19 years of your life locating hidden chests. If this ever were to be implemented and you get this loot item, then you are insanely, amazingly, absurdly lucky!

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Little to add, to put into perspective how rare the rewards would be

Considering you can only claim a hidden chest once per week..

And then down to the insanely rare loot item: this loot item would be so absurdly rare that you'd have to spend over 19 years of your life locating hidden chests. If this ever were to be implemented and you get this loot item, then you are insanely, amazingly, absurdly lucky!

Maybe it need to be a slighly more easy to get...

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Maybe it need to be a slighly more easy to get...
I disagree. The cubelets are craftable and not only obtainable via Chest Chaser. The loot item should be absurdly rare like it is now, this way only two or so players on the entire server would have it instead of, for example, hundreds of players

Reactions: Josher

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I disagree. The cubelets are craftable and not only obtainable via Chest Chaser. The loot item should be absurdly rare like it is now, this way only two or so players on the entire server would have it instead of, for example, hundreds of players

Maybe with the cubelets,but don't you think that 19 years is too much, 1/1000 probability may be good for a normal box that you can claim every day,but for the chest that you can only pick it up one a week and that does not mean that you are going to find in time before other player,I still think the probability should be slightly higher like,idk maybe 1/500 or 1/600 but no 1/1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom