Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello people! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the info shown after typing "/f list" (I don't know how the command works on Bedrock, so it's a Java only suggestion).
Normally, when you type that command, it shows you which of your friends are online and what they are playing, as well as the rest of your friends, which are shown as offline. This is very useful, however, I think we should be able to get more out of this command.

The problem

I don't know about you, but I type "/f list" every time I join the server in order to find friends to play with (and I really doubt I am the only one doing it). The command output tells me who is online and who isn't, however, it doesn't tell me if they are in a party or not, so most of the time I only message someone (and lose my time doing it) just for them to reply that they're already in a party. This isn't beneficial at all for neither of us;as I said, I lose my time doing it, but they also lose their time replying to me (and potentially even the game they're playing if I messaged them while they're in a sweaty fight, for example).

The solution

What you just read can easily be avoided if the output of the "/f list" command included a short message indicating whether your friends are in parties or not. You can see what I mean in the images below:

What it looks like rn:
Screenshot_350.png

What it would look like according to my suggestion:
Screenshot_353.png

Screenshot_352.png

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear your feedback!

Attachments

• Screenshot_351.png
    Screenshot_351.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 61

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
Good suggestion.

Maybe they can add a setting that you can enable that will automatically execute the '/f list' command when you join the server.
You friends always get a notification when you joins but you can't see directly that they are online.

• Agree
Reactions: KLsz

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Good suggestion.

Maybe they can add a setting that you can enable that will automatically execute the '/f list' command when you join the server.
You friends always get a notification when you joins but you can't see directly that they are online.
That sounds very interesting as well! There are mods known as "automessage mods" which I believe can do that, but not everyone uses them and it would help a lot of people! By the way, if you agree with my suggestion, could you please change your vote from "like" to :agree: , because the green reactions are what is actually looked at by the staff team?

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Hello people! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the info shown after typing "/f list" (I don't know how the command works on Bedrock, so it's a Java only suggestion).
Normally, when you type that command, it shows you which of your friends are online and what they are playing, as well as the rest of your friends, which are shown as offline. This is very useful, however, I think we should be able to get more out of this command.

The problem

I don't know about you, but I type "/f list" every time I join the server in order to find friends to play with (and I really doubt I am the only one doing it). The command output tells me who is online and who isn't, however, it doesn't tell me if they are in a party or not, so most of the time I only message someone (and lose my time doing it) just for them to reply that they're already in a party. This isn't beneficial at all for neither of us;as I said, I lose my time doing it, but they also lose their time replying to me (and potentially even the game they're playing if I messaged them while they're in a sweaty fight, for example).

The solution

What you just read can easily be avoided if the output of the "/f list" command included a short message indicating whether your friends are in parties or not. You can see what I mean in the images below:

What it looks like rn:View attachment 199897

What it would look like according to my suggestion: View attachment 199899
View attachment 199901

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear your feedback!
Brilliant Idea!

Last edited:

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Their fault if they reply while fighting lmao

I don’t agree with the suggestion, saying ur in a p literally takes 0,1 seconds so meh unnecessary
OK maybe for someone who has mastered typing fast so much it takes 0,1 seconds, but I don't think everyone on the server can type that fast

Reactions: khco

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
OK maybe for someone who has mastered typing fast so much it takes 0,1 seconds, but I don't think everyone on the server can type that fast
Yes, even if it wouldn't have much on some people, it would apply more comfort even if it takes a short amount of time.

(respect for xhappymood's opinion <3 :D)

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
i dont think it should be phrased as it is in the screenshot but maybe a [p] or something beside there name
+ i dont think it should say "not in a party"

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Maybe if it were togglable to display it to others or not, but my party status isn't something I'd always want everyone on my friends list to know. It also wouldn't make too much of a difference in my case, people would still ask "do you have party space?" etc and it would be essentially the same

AM71113363

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Rome(Italy)
am71113363.github.io
comment #1
#I did a similar(kinda) thing on my Server(in 2019[not sure]),
but I used Player Status.
#Example: Player_name <> (3 diff colors)

<> This Player likes the current game, others can ask him to join.
<> This Player wants to change game, others can ask him to join their game.
<> This Player wants to finish the current game and then leave.

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!

I think your idea is really good, now people can know if their friends are playing alone to invite them.
Could be cool if you can choose to turn on that setting, because people sometimes wants to have a bit of privacy.

Reactions: josepadgui

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the idea, it would be really useful as you won't lose time inviting people that are already in a party when you join the Network.

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

Catss

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 1, 2021
The moon
Although this is a cool suggestion and could be useful in some cases I'll have to disagree. Im not sure I like the idea of everyone on my friends list being able to see my party status all of the time. Just because someone is in a party does not mean they cant play with others and just because someones alone doesn't means they want to play in a party. So overall, I don't see much of a point.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Maybe if it were togglable to display it to others or not, but my party status isn't something I'd always want everyone on my friends list to know. It also wouldn't make too much of a difference in my case, people would still ask "do you have party space?" etc and it would be essentially the same
I'd like to add a thing or tho here. First, I don't understand why your party status is SO INVALUABLE. Is it because it could get abused against you? Is it because your friends could use it to blackmail you? Is it because you could get banned for it? Well, let's not forget that the people who see that information are YOUR FRIENDS in the server, and as such they probably don't want to cause any harm to you. About your second argument, let's say one of your friends is called "A".
What do you think will happen if "A" asks you 5 times if you have space in your party and you always deny them? Would they keep asking, or just stop? "it would be essentially the same" for a bit, maybe. Forever? No.
Although this is a cool suggestion and could be useful in some cases I'll have to disagree. Im not sure I like the idea of everyone on my friends list being able to see my party status all of the time. Just because someone is in a party does not mean they cant play with others and just because someones alone doesn't means they want to play in a party. So overall, I don't see much of a point.
Can you maybe tell me why the information about you being in a party is SO INVALUABLE?
While your other cases would be valid sometimes, I still think this suggestion would help a lot of people. And I also think that if someone is in your friend list, you should know at least a bit about them, what they like to play and whether they like being in parties or not, so if someone in your friend list is in either of the two situations, you would probably know beforehand.

• Disagree
Reactions: xHappyMood

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I don't understand why your party status is SO INVALUABLE
It’s not that important, I would just prefer not having it at all to everybody knowing, because you have situations like people getting upset because you don’t play with them then they see you’re partied with someone else.
For the second point I just don’t see a real difference between “do you have party space?” or “do you want to play?” which would end up happening in either scenario. If I tell someone 5 times I don’t have party space they might stop yes, but the exact same logic applies to “do you want to play”.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
It’s not that important, I would just prefer not having it at all to everybody knowing, because you have situations like people getting upset because you don’t play with them then they see you’re partied with someone else.
For the second point I just don’t see a real difference between “do you have party space?” or “do you want to play?” which would end up happening in either scenario. If I tell someone 5 times I don’t have party space they might stop yes, but the exact same logic applies to “do you want to play”.
When you're already in a party and someone else asks you to join theirs, don't you just tell them that you're already in a party anyway? My suggestion could help here.
When someone asks you "do you want to play" they don't know if you're in a party or not, but when someone asks "do you have party space?" they do know you're in one, that's the difference. And the exact same logic may apply, but again, my suggestion could help.

• Disagree
Reactions: xHappyMood

HellIsHot

Jul 13, 2017
Earth
Tbf, I highly doubt that this is something that needs to be implemented. I think this will clutter the messages in chat. Imagine having 155 friends (which is the maximum number of friends having obsidian/plus rank), and most of them are online. Personally, I wouldn't want to know the status of all my friends and I wouldn't like them to know my status either. Imo, it is much better to ask if they are already in a party, or if they want to play, than to view their status. It really doesn't take long to ask them.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
Top Bottom