Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
The changes that have been made to rid european countries from applying is quite counter-intuitive. The focus is being made more based on language than the main platform you play on, there is a huge lack of bedrock staff, there doesn't need to be any more restrictions decreasing the amount of potential bedrock staff than there already is.

If you have too many English speaking staff then why are Americans allowed to apply still who only speak English? Aswell as austrailians and other English only speaking countries.

@Cynamooo Highly recommend these changes being thought out better to take more than just lanaguage you speak into consideration.

Reactions: remio and Anneum

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
These are my thoughts, I am not a part of Helper Recruitment so please do not take what I write for fact just because I am part of the Admin Team.

Anybody can easily write "yes I play Bedrock" on their application to bypass this if we made it that all Bedrock players can apply regardless of area/language. It's not an easy thing to keep track of as we can't control what platform the staff choose to moderate the most with their time. I believe almost the entire latest Helper wave are both Java/Bedrock players, but if they choose to spend most of their time on Java then there's not a lot that can be done there.

As for this:
If you have too many English speaking staff then why are Americans allowed to apply still who only speak English? Aswell as austrailians and other English only speaking countries.
This is because those timezones are dry in terms of staff activity, so having a language barrier for those times doesn't really make sense. This is also proof that we aren't just thinking about language and that's it.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
These are my thoughts, I am not a part of Helper Recruitment so please do not take what I write for fact just because I am part of the Admin Team.

Anybody can easily write "yes I play Bedrock" on their application to bypass this if we made it that all Bedrock players can apply regardless of area/language. It's not an easy thing to keep track of as we can't control what platform the staff choose to moderate the most with their time. I believe almost the entire latest Helper wave are both Java/Bedrock players, but if they choose to spend most of their time on Java then there's not a lot that can be done there.

As for this:

This is because those timezones are dry in terms of staff activity, so having a language barrier for those times doesn't really make sense. This is also proof that we aren't just thinking about language and that's it.
They can write "I play bedrock, but I do recall an applicant needing to provide their ingame name, to which it will be quite easy to check whether this is true or not.

Timezones should not be as much of a concern as Language or Platform, hence why I am suggesting to take a different approach, (After speaking to moderators however people from the UK are allowed to apply).

Your argument can be applied to countries though, as it is harder to determine the country someone is from and anyone can say they are from anywhere and get away with it, and it will be very difficult to check the validity of the claim especially if they play on the network with a VPN.

Eat0Cake

Aug 31, 2020
Well it will be hard for the other staff it's a great idea. But it's hard to make it real
1) the other staff speaking other languages lets say Russian his/her main language is Russian some words she/he say might be not understood well
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) It's a good idea cuz new players will be understood and can get help from their main speaking country, and they will have to test their English grammar etc.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Well it will be hard for the other staff it's a great idea. But it's hard to make it real
1) the other staff speaking other languages lets say Russian his/her main language is Russian some words she/he say might be not understood well
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) It's a good idea cuz new players will be understood and can get help from their main speaking country, and they will have to test their English grammar etc.
Hi, please don’t Necropost, posting on threads inactive for more than 3 weeks they’re not allowed to be revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom