Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Hello,
I have been unfairly banned by a moderator for doxing.
Let me explain,
Someone on Related Noob's Discord Server sent an image of them flexing the the mirror. I re sent it to the Cube #media channel and was banned as a result.

1st) How is an image of someone doxing
2) if it is public, it is not considered doxing
3) How does this make sense.
4) There is no proof the image was of him

Its like posting a image on Instagram: If someone reshares it, it is now considered Doxing. If you post something online, expect for it to be shared.

1664929097577.png

I think Cubecraft should re-vamp the rule, as exposing PERSONAL information, not a selfie someone shared.
By Reposting a selfie, I think that that does not count as exposing personal information.
Keep in mind, that the selfie was PUBLIC on a server with 300+ members

"Doxxing is defined as sharing any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. This practice can result in a ban from the entire network. If this happens to you, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124.
On Discord and Forums, the moderation team will permanently ban any user who shares private information about another person."

It wasn't private, it was public. Its like sharing a youtube video with 30 Views, or a post with 2 views.

I think this should be re-vamped but idk

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hello,
I have been unfairly banned by a moderator for doxing.
Let me explain,
Someone on Related Noob's Discord Server sent an image of them flexing the the mirror. I re sent it to the Cube #media channel and was banned as a result.

1st) How is an image of someone doxing
2) if it is public, it is not considered doxing
3) How does this make sense.
4) There is no proof the image was of him

Its like posting a image on Instagram: If someone reshares it, it is now considered Doxing. If you post something online, expect for it to be shared.

View attachment 215564

I think Cubecraft should re-vamp the rule, as exposing PERSONAL information, not a selfie someone shared.
By Reposting a selfie, I think that that does not count as exposing personal information.
Keep in mind, that the selfie was PUBLIC on a server with 300+ members

"Doxxing is defined as sharing any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. This practice can result in a ban from the entire network. If this happens to you, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124.
On Discord and Forums, the moderation team will permanently ban any user who shares private information about another person."

It wasn't private, it was public. Its like sharing a youtube video with 30 Views, or a post with 2 views.

I think this should be re-vamped but idk
You’re right, needs to be revamped and you shouldn’t have been banned.
AGREE!

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I understand what you are trying to argue but I completely disagree with this.

The image they sent they only wanted it to be shared to the people in that discord server. As you said, it has 300+ members, you forwarded it to a public channel in cubes discord, a server with 75k + members, there is a massive difference here.

While I do agree it is not smart to send a picture of yourself to a server with that many members since they do risk the chance of other people sharing it, I completely agree with your punishment since you did share a picture of them to a much bigger audience without their consent.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Absolutely not, while the user probably shouldn't be sharing their picture on public servers, to begin with, it doesn't give you the right to jump from a small community to a large one and share it with the public without permission. In the context of a discord server, doxxing can include pictures of the person as their identity should and always remain confidential and private at users' discretion. If that user wants our community of 75k to see their face that's their choice, not yours to make.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
The punishment they gave you was just. I will give a bit more to the story for anyone confused, because some details were left out.

Someone in my Discord server sent a selfie of themselves flexing in a mirror. Nothing wrong there. A bit later, Camgames decided to save the image to his camera roll and repetitively shared it among both my Discord, and the official Cubecraft Discord. The user who sent the selfie asked Camgames to stop MULTIPLE times. After a while, I had to mute Camgames from my server. I then saw Camgames go to the official Cubecraft Discord and start posting the images there. This is when a report was made and you were banned from the Cubecraft Discord.

You many not think it, but you actually did break the doxxing rule.

Doxxing is defined as sharing any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose.

You shared the selfie around without consent, and for malicious purpose. You were undeniably harassing and bullying the user who sent the selfie by sending it multiple times, along with the messages you would send with it.

Just to further my point, you were then banned from my Discord server for threatening to doxx more players, specifically, Cubecraft staff members. Though I am certain these are empty threats, this kind of behavior is NOT suitable for any Discord ever.

Whether you like it or not, I'm sorry, but you certainly did break the rule. You bullied. harassed, posted without consent, posted with malicious purpose, and even threatened to actually doxx after trying to defend yourself saying you are not a doxxer.

SharedScreensshot.jpg

I am sorry I had to get involved in this situation, and that the readers do too.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
The punishment they gave you was just. I will give a bit more to the story for anyone confused, because some details were left out.

Someone in my Discord server sent a selfie of themselves flexing in a mirror. Nothing wrong there. A bit later, Camgames decided to save the image to his camera roll and repetitively shared it among both my Discord, and the official Cubecraft Discord. The user who sent the selfie asked Camgames to stop MULTIPLE times. After a while, I had to mute Camgames from my server. I then saw Camgames go to the official Cubecraft Discord and start posting the images there. This is when a report was made and you were banned from the Cubecraft Discord.

You many not think it, but you actually did break the doxxing rule.

You shared the selfie around without consent, and for malicious purpose. You were undeniably harassing and bullying the user who sent the selfie by sending it multiple times, along with the messages you would send with it.

Just to further my point, you were then banned from my Discord server for threatening to doxx more players, specifically, Cubecraft staff members. Though I am certain these are empty threats, this kind of behavior is NOT suitable for any Discord ever.

Whether you like it or not, I'm sorry, but you certainly did break the rule. You bullied. harassed, posted without consent, posted with malicious purpose, and even threatened to actually doxx after trying to defend yourself saying you are not a doxxer.

I am sorry I had to get involved in this situation, and that the readers do too.
I guess he really broke the rule.

Reactions: Reesle

QzXy1

May 15, 2021
United States
Absolutely not, while the user probably shouldn't be sharing their picture on public servers, to begin with, it doesn't give you the right to jump from a small community to a large one and share it with the public without permission. In the context of a discord server, doxxing can include pictures of the person as their identity should and always remain confidential and private at users' discretion. If that user wants our community of 75k to see their face that's their choice, not yours to make.
Whether or not Cam was in the wrong, the other person should know the consequences of posting themselves online. Doxing is considered publishing PRIVATE information about someone on the internet with malicious intent. Now let's say Cam did have malicious intent in the act, which I highly doubt, but is a possibility. Either way, he wasn't doxing because the information was public, not private. Therefore, like Cam said, he was wrongfully punished. A permanent ban is going too far. There was no rule broken.

Edit: I take back what I said after reading the real story of what happened. Cam ur an L tbh.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I agree with your point 100%, sharing that selfie which was posted in a public server should not be punishable!
Of course it is a big jump in people who will see it but the OP agreed to this when posting it in the first place.

in this specific case it seems like you did not have consent, (as @RelatedNoobs added you were asked to not share it) which makes your ban justified.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocks1 and ENDERIUM

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Whether or not Cam was in the wrong, the other person should know the consequences of posting themselves online. Doxing is considered publishing PRIVATE information about someone on the internet with malicious intent. Now let's say Cam did have malicious intent in the act, which I highly doubt, but is a possibility. Either way, he wasn't doxing because the information was public, not private. Therefore, like Cam said, he was wrongfully punished. A permanent ban is going too far. There was no rule broken.

He deserves the punishment but rather he should have been punished for bullying/harasement rather than for doxxing.

As long as you don't divulge anything private about the person, it has nothing to do with doxxing. Spread something public does not require anyone's consent, and therefore if that person has decided to publish the photo on a server with considerable relevance, it is his decision. Of course it is not comparable to a server with 75,000 members, but the base part in which he himself has made it public on a server of hundreds of people. The act is absurd and immature but it has nothing to do with the “doxxing” rule.

Reactions: Reesle

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
If they had willingly spread that content on Discord, then, unfortunately, this wouldn't violate any rules, despite being a significant hindrance and discomfort.

However, if you send the shared content to a Discord server with malicious or destructive intent, you are violating Discord's Community Guidelines by the portrayal of legalities.

By any means, the Discord server owner is 100% entitled to make the judgment on whether or not should you be a member of the server - regardless of Discord's rules or use terms.

1665237531570.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Reesle and Priley
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom