Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

(Bedrock only) Should the rule be changed

• Total voters

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
The change I would like to see for this rule is to allow the spamming of symbols in a particular order for bedrock only to allow people to fix their shadow mute in this server without being punished for spamming. People who watched my video on how to fix the shadow mute will understand what I’m talking about. The rule will not be changed on java since shadow mutes don’t exist there. For those who ask, a shadow mute is an infamous type of mute where if you try to say something, you see it but others don’t

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Well, if you're shadow muted won't that not actually send to the server meaning you can't get muted?

I fixed my shadow mute and I never got muted or anything
A shadow mute is a mute where other players can’t see what you type, it’s only on bedrock. When you see a player trying to fix their shadow mute, you see them typing symbols in the chat

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
A shadow mute is a mute where other players can’t see what you type, it’s only on bedrock. When you see a player trying to fix their shadow mute, you see them typing symbols in the chat
Yes I know that. I've had it happen to me before, if you're shadow muted it won't send your messages through to the chat, which means the server won't detect your chats and it won't mute you. When I fixed my shadow mute I spammed a ton of characters and I never got muted.

I see where you're coming from though if someone maybe isn't sure if they're muted or not and then spam and end up getting muted.

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I can't say I agree with this. Usually when you're shadow-muted, you're muted for a reason (e.g. spamming, swearing, etc). It doesn't necessarily have to be on CubeCraft that you broke the rule. In some cases, Minecraft detects bad language and mutes you on all servers and even on worlds.
The problem is that you don't know if it's a mute on CubeCraft or globally. But if I were you I would contact CubeCraft first. If that doesn't work, I would contact the Minecraft Help Centre.
And about your suggestion, I still think that even having symbols in a particular order is classified as spamming. Even if you are going to do it, you should do it on the lobby with the least amount of players on it. But I still don't advise you to do it.
Thanks for your suggestion anyways. Hope it helped :).

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
If someone who is Shadow Muted applies the SlinkyGnu method (spamming the keyboard symbols in chat one by one) and he gets muted for "spam" by a moderator, I would still count it as a victory (since to be muted manually, the moderator or the guy who reported you must have read your messages). And therefore it means that in the end it worked.

If anyone were to do this in chat, I would be understanding and talk to the other moderators before muting him.

Last edited:

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
Completely agree with this, Minecraft support seems to not care about the issue so servers should try and encourage people to use this workaround +1

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom