Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should we get this league off the ground?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Some tweaks needed

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CaptainDawg_

Aug 28, 2015
Nowhere
To be honest this would be a good idea however I feel like we are already too late into the summer. This could take weeks to months to fully finish and it would have to occur at a time when the majority of our players are able to be online. So if we do decide to do something like this it will most likely be next year.

EffeDylan

Jun 24, 2016
The Netherlands
To be honest this would be a good idea however I feel like we are already too late into the summer. This could take weeks to months to fully finish and it would have to occur at a time when the majority of our players are able to be online. So if we do decide to do something like this it will most likely be next year.
I understand its a lot of work but it would be an awesome event. A lot of players are going to like it.

Troublebubble127

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
This does seem like a really cool idea. We have helped to host events like this in the recent past (Spleef League/Spleef World Cup)
However there are some things that I would like to change:
'Team members may only be an active forums member, (or Captains friend).'
That could mean that a lot of people would not have the chance to compete. And if the Captain is allowed to pick friends to join their team it should only be 1 friend so that other players have a greater chance to compete.

'Champions receive Diamond rank?'
Champions (idk if you mean winners or people who compete) should only win prizes if they are first, second or third. Also prizes shouldn't really be the reason for people to compete in events like this, it should be because they enjoy the game and want to take it to the next level.

'Matches can be spectated by players on the server.'
The problem with this is that we have 20,000 people playing on the network at once, if even 10% of them want to watch the game that is still 2,000 people trying to connect to one server. It would be easier if we had a staff member in game being a cameraman of sorts, they would stream it to the CubeCraft Twitch Channel.

'Captains Assistants are decided by Captains'
Just to make things fair the whole team should decide on Captain's Assistants just so that everyone has an equal chance.

Suggestions for prizes:
- Exclusive EggWars League Miniature
- Lapiz, Gold and Diamond (3rd, 2nd, 1st)

Other than that this idea does sound really exciting :D
Maybe people could recruit players for the team, and then they could make it a new game mode?"(like they have solo and team eggs are)? And once a month a tournement could be held with prizes?

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
An unofficial tournament was held awhile back for SCB and it failed horribly. Most people that entered the tournament never showed up, and the tournament couldn't be finished. I don't have much confidence that this will succeed.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I feel like if we can organize this within 3 weeks (very hard) then we can do it this year. If not, we'll wait till next year

An unofficial tournament was held awhile back for SCB and it failed horribly. Most people that entered the tournament never showed up, and the tournament couldn't be finished. I don't have much confidence that this will succeed.
I feel like if we get an active TeamSpeak team, most people will show up, especially since the spots on the teams will probably be pretty competitive.
I see this as a bit less of an "Unofficial Tournament", and more of an "Official" one (CCG news report when the Tournament starts etc.)

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
I feel like if we can organize this within 3 weeks (very hard) then we can do it this year. If not, we'll wait till next year

I feel like if we get an active TeamSpeak team, most people will show up, especially since the spots on the teams will probably be pretty competitive.
I see this as a bit less of an "Unofficial Tournament", and more of an "Official" one (CCG news report when the Tournament starts etc.)
Official or not, I still highly doubt that this will work out. Many players often have a change of plans and sometimes cannot show up, unless they live on this game 24/7. And as @CaptainDawg_ said, we are pretty late into the summer, and most people have to prepare for school. And don't forget that the development team are fairly busy at the moment working on other games and features that need to be added to the server.

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
I see that the one of the biggest problems is time zones, how about regionals? and after regionals the winning teams go national, if one player can take make it from the first place team then they can choose someone from the second place regional team. There would also need to be some sort of referee for every game that has the ability to say "team X is using 3rd party files that are not aloud in tournament standards, team X forfeits and team Y wins by default" altho this will be DIFFICULT to set up it could be AMAZING in the end

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
oh sick! altho I probably wont be able to participate this year cuz my mum is supr overprotective and will flip out if I'm talking to "strangers"

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I imagine this would be done in a similar fashion to how the Spleef World Cup was held, albeit much better because we won't have to deal with a third party to host it. I love the idea, but we currently need all of our dev power on more pressing things like bug fixes, the upcoming release of [REDACTED] and so on. If we do end up making a tournament like this, it won't happen for a very long time.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Ok guys, it looks like the tournament won't be happening this year.

Maybe once the Dev's are freed up, or next summer.

Ill save the post to suggest it again next year or when the Devs aren't busy:(

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom