Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
So as everyone knows campers are and will probably stay a part of eggwars. Today I will summarize what I have seen and bring new suggestions on how to stop campers.
1st Shop inflation by EDIT: @Donald Trump or does anyone even know what his new name is.
Basically increasing the prices in the shop with a certain percentage when a person dies.
Pros: It takes longer for campers to get geared up if you manage to kill them
cons: Campers only need a bow and arrows which, even with a high inflation can just simply be prebought and put into a chest.
2nd Speed mode by the same person that made shop inflation
Removing op mode and adding speed mode. Speed mode is a fast paced item type for eggwars that has different items and now bows which makes for intense and fast paced games.
Pros: OP is a campers heaven even with the enderpearl to combat it.
3rd After a certain time place the villagers in the middle by (I forgot)
Pros: if a person is already camping he will eventually run out of arrows or bows.
cons: encourages camping the middle.
4th Emerald generators by cubecraft staff.(implemented but contra-productive in my opinion).
Pros: New ways to combat campers with items they cannot achieve because they don't have an emerald gen.
cons: People camping the middle which is even worse then camping your own island.
My suggestion:
The emerald generator should be implemented in every map and diamond generator can only be upgraded with emeralds. This wouldn't remove camping but make it much less effective as campers would need 4 times the amount of time they used to need to get their gear. So its not just rush to middle get 5 dias then return and just upgrade the gen with its own items.
5th My Friend asked me to post this as he isnt allowed to make a forum account. Implement the emerald generator on every map and sell a special item called an "arrow deflector". It costs 32 emeralds as it is a late game item meant to combat campers. When you click the arrow deflector it has a startup cost of 15 gold(might seem like a lot but you will understand). But then it takes only 1 gold per second to sustain arrow deflector mode. Every 10 seconds the cost per second is increased by 1 gold. It caps at 5 gold per second. While the arrow deflector is activated you can't be hit by any arrows but you also can't shoot any arrows. But you can build. This item is to make safe bridging easier and even if a camper gets his hands onto it it won't help him as he can't shoot while being protected.
Additional ideas: Give the user slowness 1 so he cant safebrisge super fast.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I don't have too much of an opinion on most of the ideas in this thread, though I would rather them keep eggwars close to the way it is. Maybe a few minor changes, here and there. I usually prefer OP mode, so I'll oppose others that suggest for it to be removed.

The emerald gens are fine as they are since they are there for us to get map specific items.

There's gonna be those people that will camp... no matter what is/isn't in the game

Implement the emerald generator on every map and sell a special item called an "arrow deflector".
There's this item that is called a shield. It's available for some amount of diamonds and usually works decently against arrows.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I don't have too much of an opinion on most of the ideas in this thread, though I would rather them keep eggwars close to the way it is. Maybe a few minor changes, here and there. I usually prefer OP mode, so I'll oppose others that suggest for it to be removed.

The emerald gens are fine as they are since they are there for us to get map specific items.

There's gonna be those people that will camp... no matter what is/isn't in the game

There's this item that is called a shield. It's available for some amount of diamonds and usually works decently against arrows.
yes but you cant build while blocking...

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
The first suggestion is an issue if you have a pro pvper or a hacker, both can basically very easily cause the game even in op mode to have hardcore mode prices very early in the game or worse, forcing a stalemate

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016

yes but you cant build while blocking.,.
that's the risk of bridging
so its fair that all strats in the game have a risk except camping. seems fair

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
... Camping does not have a disadvantage at all. However, it does have a counter, which takes a while. 1st, you need to e-pearl there and get their egg. Pretty straightforward. After that, e-pearl there again with a Punch I bow, and wait until they're in a good spot. Once they're in a good spot, snipe them off the island. Simple.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
yes but you cant build while blocking.,.

I think you misunderstood me.

My "that's the risk of bridging" was in reply to the comment about not being able to bridge while blocking. Which, I don't like the idea of having to add an item that can be used as an impenetrable shield, just so you can have a better chance to get to another island more safely.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
... Camping does not have a disadvantage at all. However, it does have a counter, which takes a while. 1st, you need to e-pearl there and get their egg. Pretty straightforward. After that, e-pearl there again with a Punch I bow, and wait until they're in a good spot. Once they're in a good spot, snipe them off the island. Simple.
I am talking about normal mode where epearls aren't a thing. And yes camping hasn't got a disadvantage in normal mode.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
Again: LET THEM PLAY HOW THEY WANT TO FOR REAL THO How about you don't let it get to that point and go and kill them before it even happens or in other words...
image.gif

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
only staff with /kick can stop campers at this point, which isn't very effective with the /report command . Neither a plugin can stop campers, because all the campers aren't camping for the same time in the same map and also some players don't camping, just getting ready!Camping is the worst opponent in the network ,but unfortunately we can't stop this very good at all!

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
Also to report campers isn't effective, for example to record all the time in which the campers are camping and report them , hoping to get banned for some days isn't effective!!

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
only staff with /kick can stop campers at this point, which isn't very effective with the /report command . Neither a plugin can stop campers, because all the campers aren't camping for the same time in the same map and also some players don't camping, just getting ready!Camping is the worst opponent in the network ,but unfortunately we can't stop this very good at all!
/kick by a staff would be abuse.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Also to report campers isn't effective, for example to record all the time in which the campers are camping and report them , hoping to get banned for some days isn't effective!!
camping is only bannable in skywars. Eggwars campers cant get banned.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
Top Bottom