Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I don't know much about the old tower defense because I only started playing after the new big update, but what I do know is there NEEDS TO BE A VOTE KICK. This is ridiculous. I'm sick of it. You have a team of people who at least somewhat know what they're doing, and then there's that one person spamming useless archer towers and placing towers in the middle of several checkered squares, wasting space, not helping, and completely ruining the game for everyone. Yes, I am writing this after experiencing not one, not two, but THREE games in a row where I ended up rage quitting and leaving because this nasty hobo Steve or generic plebeian does exactly what I listed above and chooses not to listen to advice from me and often times other members of the team, and ruins the ever-so-important good start to the game that you need to win. Literally every other game I get a good teammate and we talk about how there should be a vote kick option. I don't know anything about the old one, I don't know how it works, I don't know anything, but I know that TOWER DEFENSE NEEDS VOTE KICK BACK.

Now, some people may argue that it can be abused, but seriously, when and how could this command possibly be abused? The majority of the team wouldn't just choose to vote kick a random person who knows what they're doing, unless that person is being really rude and disruptive and disrespectful in chat. And if they are doing that, they might as well get kicked because no one likes a sassy know-it-all spewing insults in chat and bossing everyone around rudely (literally me depending on my mood, but that's not the point).

And you may think that a team could have let's say a party of 4 or 5 out of the 6 player team limit, and not want the person who isn't in the party to be in the team, so they vote kick them with no other reasoning. But let me verify to you that I have been playing tower defense A TON lately, and the biggest party groups I've seen are groups of 2 or 3. I've never seen big parties (4-6 people) playing Tower Defense together. The chance of anything like that happening would be rare I'd have to predict, and why would it be a big deal anyway, especially if there could be a timing system that limits how far into the game vote kick could be used? Like I've said before, I don't know how the old vote kick was, but perhaps to avoid someone being vote kicked out of the game when they have been in there for 10 minutes or more, there is a limit of 5 minutes before the vote kick doesn't work anymore. As far as I see it, that eliminates every troll or unfair aspect to vote kick. You learn what teammate is going to be a terrible useless troll pretty much straight away in the game. And it wouldn't be a big deal if you got kicked because it's been less than 5 minutes. It's not hard to join another game and get over it, because obviously you were vote kicked for a reason.

I haven't even looked to see if there are other threads about this or like this, but I really don't care because I need to put in my two cents while I'm feeling nice and passionate about it. It's so sad how one person can pretty easily ruin a game or make it much more difficult than it needs to be.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I warned someone that was spamming archer towers down for "trolling" but they replied to the warning that they were reserving spots and I decided against reporting them then. Thinking back on it I should've just reported them since they were still stealing spots from other players. I don't really think this should be possible and the plugin itself should just auto arrange the towers to the correct spot if there is one. The vote kick return/time limit would also work but I'd prefer auto arrange.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I don't know much about the old tower defense because I only started playing after the new big update, but what I do know is there NEEDS TO BE A VOTE KICK. This is ridiculous. I'm sick of it. You have a team of people who at least somewhat know what they're doing, and then there's that one person spamming useless archer towers and placing towers in the middle of several checkered squares, wasting space, not helping, and completely ruining the game for everyone. Yes, I am writing this after experiencing not one, not two, but THREE games in a row where I ended up rage quitting and leaving because this nasty hobo Steve or generic plebeian does exactly what I listed above and chooses not to listen to advice from me and often times other members of the team, and ruins the ever-so-important good start to the game that you need to win. Literally every other game I get a good teammate and we talk about how there should be a vote kick option. I don't know anything about the old one, I don't know how it works, I don't know anything, but I know that TOWER DEFENSE NEEDS VOTE KICK BACK.

Now, some people may argue that it can be abused, but seriously, when and how could this command possibly be abused? The majority of the team wouldn't just choose to vote kick a random person who knows what they're doing, unless that person is being really rude and disruptive and disrespectful in chat. And if they are doing that, they might as well get kicked because no one likes a sassy know-it-all spewing insults in chat and bossing everyone around rudely (literally me depending on my mood, but that's not the point).

And you may think that a team could have let's say a party of 4 or 5 out of the 6 player team limit, and not want the person who isn't in the party to be in the team, so they vote kick them with no other reasoning. But let me verify to you that I have been playing tower defense A TON lately, and the biggest party groups I've seen are groups of 2 or 3. I've never seen big parties (4-6 people) playing Tower Defense together. The chance of anything like that happening would be rare I'd have to predict, and why would it be a big deal anyway, especially if there could be a timing system that limits how far into the game vote kick could be used? Like I've said before, I don't know how the old vote kick was, but perhaps to avoid someone being vote kicked out of the game when they have been in there for 10 minutes or more, there is a limit of 5 minutes before the vote kick doesn't work anymore. As far as I see it, that eliminates every troll or unfair aspect to vote kick. You learn what teammate is going to be a terrible useless troll pretty much straight away in the game. And it wouldn't be a big deal if you got kicked because it's been less than 5 minutes. It's not hard to join another game and get over it, because obviously you were vote kicked for a reason.

I haven't even looked to see if there are other threads about this or like this, but I really don't care because I need to put in my two cents while I'm feeling nice and passionate about it. It's so sad how one person can pretty easily ruin a game or make it much more difficult than it needs to be.
As someone who got kicked by friends who didn't want randoms in the game 10 seconds in (I'm an experienced player and did nothing wrong), I am quite ok with the fact that it was removed. Since you need everyone but the voted person to vote for yes, it worked for parties most of the time but not for the originally intended method. (Also you couldn't kick anyone when there was 3 players or less). When this sort of thing happens I try to say hello to them to see if they are reading chat, or I ask them their language. If they just don't listen, spam some pigmen, win and play another game. They will also leave if the game lasts for more than 20 minutes.

Well, for the staff TD had it's update, and they usually don't undo changes. If you bring back votekick people will complain about it, just like old times.
I warned someone that was spamming archer towers down for "trolling" but they replied to the warning that they were reserving spots and I decided against reporting them then. Thinking back on it I should've just reported them since they were still stealing spots from other players. I don't really think this should be possible and the plugin itself should just auto arrange the towers to the correct spot if there is one. The vote kick return/time limit would also work but I'd prefer auto arrange.
I don't reserve slots because I think it's like saying "I don't trust you" to your teammates, but I'm fine with people doing it, unless they keep it the whole game. Also auto-arrange would make horde impossible to win, since you NEED turrets on the 3x3 slots to survive it.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
While I do agree with this thread, I don't feel that the votekick command will be added back into the game. There were quite a few complaints about it made in the past, and though a very pleasant solution was proposed in order to fix the issue, Cubecraft felt it was best to remove it altogether. The proposal was to add maps with smaller team sizes so that smaller parties could play without worrying about random players joining their team. Let's imagine you're with three players and that you all don't want anyone else to join, well, the solution is simple, just join a 4v4 map. This way, the votekick command could stay, the occasional player wouldn't have votekick-a-phobia, and the teams that think that a player is griefing wouldn't have to worry. However, that was all overlooked.

For now, you should find a team of 5 other players that think similarly to you and just play with them. If you can't do this, then you sincerely need to consider something besides Cubecraft's Tower Defence, as our proposal (a friend group and I made the proposal to have smaller teams) was rejected, and it's unlikely that the votekick command will return. I've played enough matches to know that it's highly likely that you'll run across this dilemma again. You have my sympathy for your bad experiences while playing.

Thanks for reading.

ellamaree8

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2016
New Zealand
As someone who got kicked by friends who didn't want randoms in the game 10 seconds in (I'm an experienced player and did nothing wrong), I am quite ok with the fact that it was removed. Since you need everyone but the voted person to vote for yes, it worked for parties most of the time but not for the originally intended method. (Also you couldn't kick anyone when there was 3 players or less). When this sort of thing happens I try to say hello to them to see if they are reading chat, or I ask them their language. If they just don't listen, spam some pigmen, win and play another game. They will also leave if the game lasts for more than 20 minutes.

Well, for the staff TD had it's update, and they usually don't undo changes. If you bring back votekick people will complain about it, just like old times.

I don't reserve slots because I think it's like saying "I don't trust you" to your teammates, but I'm fine with people doing it, unless they keep it the whole game. Also auto-arrange would make horde impossible to win, since you NEED turrets on the 3x3 slots to survive it.
I totally get where Manchot999 is coming from. The same thing used to happen to me, where you'd get kicked quite early on in games because players didn't want specific people on their team for no reason. Although with the new tutorial in the lobby, and the different wood squares for tower plots, I can definitely say I've had MUCH less problems with new players spamming, placing incorrectly or not knowing how to play. There still is always going to be an element of new players to the game, its something that may be unstoppable. There will always be a few players who don't notice the enchanted bookshelf in their inventory when they enter a TD lobby for the first time and join a game with absolutely no idea how to play. That's almost uncontrollable from Cube Craft's POV. They're listened to us, and done quite a few many things to make the game more new-user friendly, but they can't do everything. Players will still be players.

Reactions: Manchot999

The_Rising_Sun

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
I don't give a fuck but I really agree
Votekick was really used on the older updates even though the success of the kick IS FUCKIN SHIT
Well anyway WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY REMOVE THAT SHIT
I hate playing in games when people are just being a bunch of noobs(Why did you ban this word-This word means something to every professional dealing with a special type of person)
The problem of the game is that people don't know how to place towers or the fact that some people decided to skip the tutorial T_T
Well anyway Votekick would be an amazing idea to come back so I can kick some of these 'Special People"

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017
Orion constellation
I would hate for votekick to come back, if Im correct it was previously abused. And players spamming archers towers so they take up as much space as possible is the art of reservation. They reserve space for turrets in case one of their teammates is a noob and spams mages (which is useless since they dont stack). I take up as much space with archers at the start of the game and Ive won much more frequently even since.

TheHunterBas

Apr 16, 2015
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I think it gives some chaos, because when you're with party you can kick everyone else so you're with only party members in a game.
Also there is a different way people interpret things, for example what was comment here before. When someone places alot of archer towers it can be because the person just want alot of archer towers. But other players can think its trolling/reserving places

toropov

Dec 5, 2015
Canada
Votekick won't likely to be back simply because it can be easily abused against a specific player. We don't want that.

Here's what I propose:
Since tower spam is the only major issue here, we limit the number of towers placed per player.
For example:
  • 10 towers max first 5 minutes of game-play
  • 20 towers max 5 minutes after
  • Unlimited after 10 minutes of game-play
That way the limiter affects everyone equally and could not be possibly abused against someone else. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to build their towers during that period even with a possible troll on their team. Optionally there could be a command to vote for the limiter to be removed.
Let me know what you think, I might add in it ;)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Votekick won't likely to be back simply because it can be easily abused against a specific player. We don't want that.

Here's what I propose:
Since tower spam is the only major issue here, we limit the number of towers placed per player.
For example:
That way the limiter affects everyone equally and could not be possibly abused against someone else. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to build their towers during that period even with a possible troll on their team. Optionally there could be a command to vote for the limiter to be removed.
Why not add 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 maps? That way, a team of four wants to play TD, they won't have to worry about the noobs causing chaos.

Reactions: ronniewhy

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016

Here's what I propose:
For example:

"Votekick won't likely to be back" what? Surely, you meant: "It's not likely that the votekick command will return". As for your solution, there are other ways to grief a team besides your choice of defense. A player can stream zombies to the other team and unless they build up their goldmine, chances are, they've only sent coins to the other team, that's not just a matter of "not being helpful", it can be argued that the player's playing in such a way that's detrimental towards your team's success. That aside, what's wrong with having different team sizes? You'd attract friend groups of different sizes and increase the popularity of Tower Defence.

As for your solution, it does limit griefing, but if you're trying to carry a team that doesn't know how to place towers, you'd certainly want to be able to place more than 10 towers. So again, your solution's feasible for the sake of limiting griefing as far as tower placement is concerned. However, I don't believe that it's a real solution to the issue, as limiting the number of towers that each player can place can be just as detrimental for solo players, and besides, having different team sizes has enough pros to be considered.

Now, as far as "votekick won't likely to be back" goes, please do exercise the usage of formal sentences when commenting on the forums. Writing code with genuine readability (not "eligibility", but "readability") is considered good practice, and likewise, the same applies to posting comments on the forums. I'm disappointed by your comment only because I hold programmers, especially game developers, to the highest reasonable standards.

Thanks for reading.

F

Facelurite

Here's what I propose:
For example:
Yes , do that and while you're at it, increase unlock costs for silverfish on hardcore.

KittyKatMeg

Dec 25, 2016
I really liked votekick because it was useful against certain players, but I do agree that it can be abused because players can gang up on a person that might not have done anything wrong at all.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This should be added but if players abused it, they will get a punishment that they will never use the feature for 1 week, if he/she abused it again, they will never use it for 2 weeks, the 3rd warning is that they are banned to td forever

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015

Here's what I propose:
For example:
Horrid idea. Some people place a bunch of towers for other to upgrade (ex P1 puts a bunch of sorcerers down, P2 gets them all to level 3). Sometimes you simply need quantity > quality. You can't keep turning an open-ended strategy game to a close-ended one, where a lot of options are restricted. The vote wouldn't work because a lot of players don't pay attention to the chat or have it disabled.

I think auto-snapping is a good idea, just put 5x5s in the corner of a 6x6 area and it will work fine.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
How's this? Reporting them
Votekick barely ever worked anyways
The chances you had of them b I guess actually kicked were fairly low
There is also a reason they removed it... ABUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online