Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2022
Just focus on some more meaningful stuff Cubecraft🤦‍♂️ , all the recent updates are just making the game even more dry and boring, instead of developing more game modes and modifying the sentinel system, you guys are struggling with minor things like cape appropriateness, that's why Cubecraft is losing player bases cuz they never listen to the true feelings from the community

tmxninja

Jul 19, 2023
Hello all.
Recently CubeCraft has made the decision to remove all cape variants entirely from their bedrock network (this includes custom, and I believe the ones Minecraft gives you)
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature just because a very small majority of people are using it inappropriately is just silly. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading
agree 👍

Reactions: xclutchingg

Tx..

Oct 18, 2021
Hello all.
Recently CubeCraft has made the decision to remove all cape variants entirely from their bedrock network (this includes custom, and I believe the ones Minecraft gives you)
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature just because a very small majority of people are using it inappropriately is just silly. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading
agree

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
from a personal POV I want them back, I see no reason for them to be removed, even from a moderation perspective.

And from a moderators POV none of us were given any say in the matter so it can't have been due to issues related to that.

Overall just not sure why they were removed.

xclutchingg

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Apr 4, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
This is NOT an official reply from the Ziax Team, this is a personal opinion.

While I would like to see custom capes come back, I don't think they will anytime soon, or if they do, it would more than likely only be official Minecraft ones like Cherry, Pride, Minecraft 10th Anniversary, and the Pancape. The reason for this is due to a recent bug fix removing the ability for modified persona cape files to show in-game.

This was always meant to be a thing, but the recent bug fix was intentional and repaired the capes being hidden. Modifying your persona files is not an official method to get custom capes, and it shouldn't have been used as such. I used them in the past, and they are cool, but this wasn't my decision to make and many players were abusing the use of custom cape designs. It's a rather interesting topic with a lot of potential reasons on why to bring it back, and why to keep things the way they are, or just allow official Minecraft capes.
i understand this but custom capes were no harm, it didnt give off an advantage, im on like every other day and i rarely even see one person using them inappropriately. making a skin report should follow with capes, a report is made and the same pentilty is applied from what elfIxin said. the way i see it is even if it isnt a “official feature” it should still be allowed. custom capes are what make bedrock edition unique in its own way. and its been like that for years apon years now.

uvf4

Sep 12, 2023
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
i agree capes should be back

Reactions: Reesle

progamer10249

Aug 13, 2023
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
Totally agree

Rise of Eska

Oct 19, 2023
Hello all.

lierally everything that this guy said is true, i once reported a inappropiate

Furzide

Novice Member
May 12, 2020
your mum's house
This is NOT an official reply from the Ziax Team, this is a personal opinion.

While I would like to see custom capes come back, I don't think they will anytime soon, or if they do, it would more than likely only be official Minecraft ones like Cherry, Pride, Minecraft 10th Anniversary, and the Pancape. The reason for this is due to a recent bug fix removing the ability for modified persona cape files to show in-game.

This was always meant to be a thing, but the recent bug fix was intentional and repaired the capes being hidden. Modifying your persona files is not an official method to get custom capes, and it shouldn't have been used as such. I used them in the past, and they are cool, but this wasn't my decision to make and many players were abusing the use of custom cape designs. It's a rather interesting topic with a lot of potential reasons on why to bring it back, and why to keep things the way they are, or just allow official Minecraft capes.
I want to express that while the removal of custom capes could be tolerable if your actual skin system worked properly, it absolutely doesn't. I reported a bug with arms and legs being mirrored years ago and yall LIED about fixing it, when all that was done was make your skin show properly client sidedly, but on the server side the skin is still bugged. maybe fix the actual skin system instead of alienating a portion of your playerbase that uses capes in a responsible way, which is the majority of custom cape users. while decisions like these may not affect player counts much, i know for a fact the server will die if it continues in this route.

nusacoo

Jun 13, 2023
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
Agreed

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
If the official cherry blossom cape isn't visible then that's sad… I really like it and it goes well with my skin. By far my favorite official cape

I can see myself wearing the cape (at the top left of the screen) but can others see it too? It's weird to think that my cape is literally rendered on my screen but other people might not even see it.

xclutchingg

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Apr 4, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
If the official cherry blossom cape isn't visible then that's sad… I really like it and it goes well with my skin. By far my favorite official cape

I can see myself wearing the cape (at the top left of the screen) but can others see it too? It's weird to think that my cape is literally rendered on my screen but other people might not even see it.
capes are visible to you, not to other people though.

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
Ok so some people might hate this, but what if custom cape visibility was a V.I.P. level / partner feature.

1. This would encourage users to get V.I.P. levels or become a partner

2. It somewhat removes the usage of inappropriate cape designs because people who have become partners or spent money on CubeCraft typically don't want to get banned, meaning that they probably won't put inappropriate designs on capes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom