xclutchingg

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Apr 4, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all.
Recently CubeCraft has made the decision to remove all cape variants entirely from their bedrock network (this includes custom, and I believe the ones Minecraft gives you)
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature just because a very small majority of people are using it inappropriately is just silly. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

DjDempsterr

Aug 19, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello all.
Recently CubeCraft has made the decision to remove all cape variants entirely from their bedrock network (this includes custom, and I believe the ones Minecraft gives you)
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature that makes bedrock edition unique was a poor decision in my opinion. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading
agreed.

Reactions: xclutchingg

yyngs

Nov 20, 2021
Hello all.
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature that makes bedrock edition unique was a poor decision in my opinion. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading
I agree, the capes should not be fully taken out of the game. It goes with the skins aesthetic

Last edited:
  • Agree

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, its better to punish only the players that actually use the capes inappropriately by banning THEM instead of taking it away from everyone. Capes go well with the skins aesthetic anyways
There is already a category in the reports for inappropriate skins, punishing users for misuse of the capes could be included within the same category, and not completely deactivate them...:faceplant:

xclutchingg

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Apr 4, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
There is already a category in the reports for inappropriate skins, punishing users for misuse of the capes could be included within the same category, and not completely deactivate them...:faceplant:
i agree, completely disabling capes just because a small majority of people use them inappropriately is a bit silly.

Reactions: hoppyfrog28_

ItsMarsXD

Mar 11, 2022
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
please bring them back bro

• Agree

vfrqnky

Sep 30, 2023
Hello all.

i need my capes.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
This is NOT an official reply from the Ziax Team, this is a personal opinion.

While I would like to see custom capes come back, I don't think they will anytime soon, or if they do, it would more than likely only be official Minecraft ones like Cherry, Pride, Minecraft 10th Anniversary, and the Pancape. The reason for this is due to a recent bug fix removing the ability for modified persona cape files to show in-game.

This was always meant to be a thing, but the recent bug fix was intentional and repaired the capes being hidden. Modifying your persona files is not an official method to get custom capes, and it shouldn't have been used as such. I used them in the past, and they are cool, but this wasn't my decision to make and many players were abusing the use of custom cape designs. It's a rather interesting topic with a lot of potential reasons on why to bring it back, and why to keep things the way they are, or just allow official Minecraft capes.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada

While I would like to see custom capes come back, I don't think they will anytime soon, or if they do, it would more than likely only be official Minecraft ones like Cherry, Pride, Minecraft 10th Anniversary, and the Pancape. The reason for this is due to a recent bug fix removing the ability for modified persona cape files to show in-game.

This was always meant to be a thing, but the recent bug fix was intentional and repaired the capes being hidden. Modifying your persona files is not an official method to get custom capes, and it shouldn't have been used as such. I used them in the past, and they are cool, but this wasn't my decision to make and many players were abusing the use of custom cape designs. It's a rather interesting topic with a lot of potential reasons on why to bring it back, and why to keep things the way they are, or just allow official Minecraft capes.
Allowing just official Minecraft capes would be a good idea. That way (despite the limited amount of capes), players can still express themselves using capes and there wouldn’t be any risk of there being any innapropriate capes.
This option would be MUCH better than no capes at all.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Allowing just official Minecraft capes would be a good idea. That way (despite the limited amount of capes), players can still express themselves using capes and there wouldn’t be any risk of there being any innapropriate capes.
The way I personally see it is Minecraft capes are persona items. As long as they are in the cape section of the character creator, they should show when players wear them on the network. This is the original way Minecraft/Microsoft/Mojang Studios intended for capes to be used, and as such, it would make sense for a partnered server network to acknowledge the official capes, even if they are blocking out the ones attached to custom Minecraft skins being modified to look like they are official skin packs.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him

I understand it, but it's a unique feature of bedrock, even if it's not "official", it doesn't hurt anyone, they add customization and look great.

If a user misuses them, as happens with skins, a report is created and the same penalty is applied.

It's a feature that from my point of view should stay, I hope the management team considers it.
:cubie:

• Agree

vS7lya

Jun 7, 2023
Saudi Arabia , Jeddah
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all.
to me this was a very unthought out decision, capes are what make bedrock edition unique, they stated they removed capes because of this following reason "due to players abusing them and putting inappropriate designs." while this is true, this also is not a valid argument. people can put inappropriate designs on skins just like they can with capes, and as far as i know i see more people using inappropriate skins more than capes. removing a feature just because a very small majority of people are using it inappropriately is just silly. people use custom capes so it would make their skin experience far much better, especially using them to match their custom skin.

Thanks for reading
I totally agree , capes helped us look good and cool , even hazard was using these type of capes , i asked a staff member why did they remove it and they said “capes are a bug on the Minecraft client” why is onix allowed , they customized our game too by switching files , capes customized our skins to make them look good nothing more , and cubecraft calls it a bug , people identified their clans/groups by using capes , i hope the cubecraft staff team brings capes back , im not the only one complaining about this an entire community is.🙏

vS7lya

Jun 7, 2023
Saudi Arabia , Jeddah
Pronouns
He/Him

Well many players use try to use the pancape cape and it doesn’t work on cubecraft , Minecraft never really offered capes for us to purchase and use , you said in the future in a time that you or the cubecraft dont know when , persona capes are customized comparing it with the official Minecraft capes persona capes ofcourse takes the win🙏

qGarr

Feb 26, 2023
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
I completely agree. Removing capes is a step in the wrong direction and just reinforces the idea that CubeCraft disregards their community. You should just ban the people using it in a wrong was instead of punishing the WHOLE bedrock community for a small amount of people using it wrongly.

indeatzure

Apr 3, 2023
Hello all.

Thanks for reading
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Kazwa's profile.
meow ^w^
I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom