Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Nice!
Are you planning to add any kind of kits?

Maybe a kit with Iron chestplate: In most maps you are able to gather 18 iron during the 30 seconds of the build phase, so if you already have the iron chestplate, the 18 iron you obtain will serve you to complete the armor and craft an iron sword (if you want gather iron xd), or it could be a chain chestplate too

Maybe a kit with 16 glass or 8 wool: The glass breaks quickly, however you cannot mine it faster with any tool, the wool you can make shears to remove it quickly

Maybe a kit with bow power I: To make more damage
I personally mine 13 iron, craft an iron sword, pick, and chest, than get a diamond sword.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I clicked this expecting blockwars to be permanent gamemode on Java very disappointed but not surprised. I would like to see a Java update since we've been playing the same game since 2 years or prob more. Bedrock gets this cool thing with generators and stuff we still have the same good old blockwars. Update blockwars Java.

Reactions: wxzzrd

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
2020-08-21_14.49.16.png
Das a nice looking mushroom i see there

also the iron fits in with the terrain better than the other maps i like

Reactions: wxzzrd

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I dont think people will like this map on bedrock. You might want to shorten it significantly and just make the shape more interesting. It's not liked much on java (nothing major but is often skipped) and I think it will be really boring on bedrock.

I've got a lot of experience playing on bedrock and the community favourite map is tetronimo, at least from those I've asked. One part of this is the areas of void never being too far away while also never being so in your face that you will definitely die to it. Mushroom is the polar opposite to it: large spaces without void and a middle section which has too much void.

It is also far too large compared to the other bedrock maps, which benefit to being tight due to the few players in this game.

A few other design tips are that ore should always be embedded in the floor as bedrock items fly really far otherwise so are very frustrating to collect.

Ores by themselves also are not interesting, which is why tetronimo has a diamond block on both sides and robots has two iron blocks per side. This is because players don't spend the effort to get ores for any other reason as they are a waste of time. Kits would also make ores more worthwhile as they can make collecting them easier in various ways but that doesn't seem to be the plan.

I wouldn't add this map at all unless its majorly edited. I'm always happy to give a hand as I've seen what works but right now I think the map would be near universally disliked by returning players.

If you do decide to put it in, definitely bring the flag forward to be more on the flatter area and it might not be so bad.

Last edited:

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I dont think people will like this map on bedrock. You might want to shorten it significantly and just make the shape more interesting. It's not liked much on java (nothing major but is often skipped) and I think it will be really boring on bedrock.

I've got a lot of experience playing on bedrock and the community favourite map is tetronimo, at least from those I've asked. One part of this is the areas of void never being too far away while also never being so in your face that you will definitely die to it. Mushroom is the polar opposite to it: large spaces without void and a middle section which has too much void.

It is also far too large compared to the other bedrock maps, which benefit to being tight due to the few players in this game.

A few other design tips are that ore should always be embedded in the floor as bedrock items fly really far otherwise so are very frustrating to collect.

Ores by themselves also are not interesting, which is why tetronimo has a diamond block on both sides and robots has two iron blocks per side. This is because players don't spend the effort to get ores for any other reason as they are a waste of time. Kits would also make ores more worthwhile as they can make collecting them easier in various ways but that doesn't seem to be the plan.

I wouldn't add this map at all unless its majorly edited. I'm always happy to give a hand as I've seen what works but right now I think the map would be near universally disliked by returning players.

If you do decide to put it in, definitely bring the flag forward to be more on the flatter area and it might not be so bad.
Sadly when it comes to porting over a lot of the existing Java BlockWars maps, a lot of them are horrible with Bedrock gameplay. They are either not Bedrock user friendly, or they need a lot of editing which isn't the best. With the 3 new maps we're going to add, myself & Younisco wanted BlockWars maps that aren't all like the existing Bedrock ones, completely flat and really small, there needs to be diversity and uniqueness to them.

I must note that if the Java community dislikes a map, it doesn't statistically mean Bedrock players will dislike it too, they are a different community and have different thoughts. With that being said, we're going to continue with the 3 current maps, but I'll look into tweaking the Mushroom map a bit. Every map won't be loved by every player, there will be favourites.

DogoBweadz

Aug 2, 2020
Okay thats cool but what about this?

Attachments

• Minecraft 8_22_2020 10_07_43 PM.png
    Minecraft 8_22_2020 10_07_43 PM.png
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 166

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Sadly when it comes to porting over a lot of the existing Java BlockWars maps, a lot of them are horrible with Bedrock gameplay. They are either not Bedrock user friendly, or they need a lot of editing which isn't the best. With the 3 new maps we're going to add, myself & Younisco wanted BlockWars maps that aren't all like the existing Bedrock ones, completely flat and really small, there needs to be diversity and uniqueness to them.

I must note that if the Java community dislikes a map, it doesn't statistically mean Bedrock players will dislike it too, they are a different community and have different thoughts. With that being said, we're going to continue with the 3 current maps, but I'll look into tweaking the Mushroom map a bit. Every map won't be loved by every player, there will be favourites.

Keep in mind that I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who has played absurd amounts of both java and bedrock blockwars. We have a community discord server with almost every person on the leaderboard and people are very happy with the quality and variety of maps there currently are so I'm not sure that many java maps need to be ported to bedrock. The community and build team can easily make their own maps, so it can be a bright fresh experience for anyone trying each for the first time. I'm thinking of making more unique maps myself but obviously you dont want to just rely on me for it.

Another issue is that on bedrock, it is expected that blockwars is a fast pace game that ends in <1:30 nearly always and changing that for the sake of variety is changing the essence of it. People love fast paced games in every game mode; especially one that's already known for being quick.

On the issue of having maps that could be very disliked: bedrock doesnt have map selection, so if you keep running into a handful of bad maps, it can be very frustrating to leave and rejoin until you get one good after possibly 5 or more attempts. This is a bigger issue in this this than, for example: eggwars as those games take much longer so a small fraction of time is spent map hunting.

People like the consistency of the game, with every map taking within 10s of each other to complete optimally, there are no bogey maps, but each map has a different way to do it best, with different gear, layout and different places to do the best bridges. If its proven to be what people like, then I and many others think it should stay that way.

I don't know what you have in store but having long maps for the sake of long maps hurts the game and the community.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
On the issue of having maps that could be very disliked: bedrock doesnt have map selection, so if you keep running into a handful of bad maps, it can be very frustrating to leave and rejoin until you get one good after possibly 5 or more attempts. This is a bigger issue in this this than, for example: eggwars as those games take much longer so a small fraction of time is spent map hunting.
Problem is that if that were to come, we could have problems with certain maps not getting anyone. I guess the fix would be to get it so only higher level VIP (not rank) players get to choose maps via some NPC thats near the wanted gamemode. Maybe for the VIP level, we would be able to get it somewhere between VIP L2 and VIP L4 for the map selection, though ranks may be a better choice

Reactions: CedricFresh

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
I personally mine 13 iron, craft an iron sword, pick, and chest, than get a diamond sword.
Bit of advice: iron leggings give the same boost in armor bars as the chestplate when upgrading from leather, so you can use 1 less iron to make leggings instead. Also, you do not need an iron pick to get the diamonds, you can mine them with a stone pick and they will drop as well.

Reactions: CedricFresh

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
This is interesting, but what we're really interested in is the Furniture Rank, kind of like a bundle, where it doesn't give you any voting privileges, but rather a bunch of cool loot, like furniture based prefixes, cages, buddies and kill messages. I feel this would be great, so that's why I am pushing so heavily for it.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Bit of advice: iron leggings give the same boost in armor bars as the chestplate when upgrading from leather, so you can use 1 less iron to make leggings instead. Also, you do not need an iron pick to get the diamonds, you can mine them with a stone pick and they will drop as well.
Yea ik but it’s faster with an iron pick

Reactions: invadedyouth
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom