Status
Not open for further replies.

Assault

Novice Member
Nov 24, 2019
The Netherlands
Map name: Laptop
Creator of map: _EliteAssault
Discription: You build in your block on top of the laptop. The building time is over. Walk to the opponents via the rainbow path, the mouse or the cloud bridge!

Attachments

• 2019-11-29 (6).png
    2019-11-29 (6).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 229
  • 2019-11-29 (1).png
    2019-11-29 (1).png
    676.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 2019-11-29 (2).png
    2019-11-29 (2).png
    573.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2019-11-29 (3).png
    2019-11-29 (3).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • 2019-11-29 (4).png
    2019-11-29 (4).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • 2019-11-29 (5).png
    2019-11-29 (5).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
  • 2019-11-29 (7).png
    2019-11-29 (7).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • 2019-11-29 (8).png
    2019-11-29 (8).png
    546.2 KB · Views: 170

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Map name: Laptop
Creator of map: _EliteAssault
Discription: You build in your block on top of the laptop. The building time is over. Walk to the opponents via the rainbow path, the mouse or the cloud bridge!
Hi Assault :D
I'll give you my personal opinion on this map and the reason why I voted no. Because although the idea is great, perhaps it needs some improvement in both the gameplay and aesthetic fields.

First off, the theme. Although the name is laptop and you can clearly see two laptops on both sides of the map, you've included stuff that just don't fit in with computers at all. Such as, the clouds and the rainbow. The way I see it, the theme laptop can be rather limitating which is why I encourage you to consider changing the theme to technology instead of just laptops. The laptops don't really look like laptops, they look more like old desktop computers because of they way the're built. Laptops are usually more thin and aren't disconnected from their keyboards.

I like the idea of a secondary route (in this case the rainbow) but it seems like it's too separate from the rest of the map. And I don't see players using it very often. Mid overall seems very reduced in size and thin, which is a problem mainly for PvP. Any good map needs areas that are big enough for interesting PvP encounters. Plus, keep in mind that a BlockWars map should try its best to be inclusive of every single kit. This means that, open areas are necessary for ground kits like runner and warrior. But void is important too, for knockback dependant kits like archer. It's mostly a game of achieving the perfect balance between the two.

About where the flag is located, it seems really hard to reach. Which would most probably end up in very long and tedious games. Maps that are hard to travel on usually encourage people to camp, and that's no good you'll want games to develop smoothly. I'd recommend you to look for some inspiration online to make your laptops look even cooler!

The idea is great, what I'd do if I were you is starting it over again. This time keep in mind a few key points:

• Good balance between void and open areas for PvP.
  • Easily accessible flag.
  • Multiple pathways from flag to flag.
  • Spawn should be far enough from the flag to ensure it's not easy to camp on. But it should be close enough to make sure it's not too hard to defend.
  • Play with different heights, maps look boring if the entirety of it is on the same y coordinate.
  • Make sure to include decorations according to the theme.
  • Consider a more general but suitable theme.
As you may have noticed, I've commented more on the gameplay than the aesthetics. Mainly because I'm no expert builder but I can give you some insight when it comes to how the map would play out.

I hope you'll improve it and submit it again in the future! You know that if you need anything you might as well contact me.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
The clouds are surely a reference to saving things in the cloud ;) (?) i guess

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey, I like the idea of your map. It's very original, but it's sadly not up to standard with CubeCraft.
For examplethe gameplay: all a team has to do in order to protect their core is spam the inside of the laptop full with blocks and camp with bows. it would be impossible for the enemy to get to the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom