Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Hey everyone, today I've got a sonic themed map! We weren't happy with the map Greenzone on bedrock, so we decided to make something that could replace it with delight! This isn't meant to replace Greenzone on Java where it will instead just be a different map, just bedrock, as it doesn't fit well into the bedrock playstyle.

2020-09-01_14.25.09.png

The overhead view shows how packed the map is with different areas, all fit in to a length similar to the shortened Greenzone, with a flag to flag distance of 93 blocks.

2020-09-01_14.27.07.png

The spawnpoint is on the spruce slab on the oak platform, with all the iron right in front for easy access.
All the vines throughout the map have barrier blocks behind them. The Java version of the map will have a bigger inner circle, with the cliff side having no void gap.

2020-09-01_15.30.39.png

This target is hiding some bouncy slime blocks which place you perfectly on top of the next platform. The spruce is the end of the very long wooden bridge.

2020-09-01_16.03.29.png

Another view of that is here. It's also possible to jump from the spikes area to both the flower pot and the further away bridge.

2020-09-01_15.42.05.png

The next section features a deadly spike trap, covered by barrier blocks, but not without a couple bumps here and there. You can also see the jump platform which is reached from the jungle wood path.

2020-09-01_15.51.50.png

For the bedrock players, that mystical green glow is where a beacon can be placed. Simply putting it straight down in the middle will only get you a tier 2 beacon, but a little more effort will get you a tier 3 or even a tier 4 if you can work out what to do!

2020-09-01_16.48.38.png

The side shot of the whole map with cages included.

That's about it! With thanks to Faytje for help with the organics and that beautiful Tiki totem.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This map is... incredible. Probably the most creative BlockWars map I have ever seen. It's just amazing! The theme is really creative, it looks really good. And the amount of different paths, obstacles and terrain variation you added make it look like it will be extremely fun to play in.

I'm only worried that there aren't any straightforward ways to get to the enemy flag, which seems like a possible cause of stalemates. Reaching the enemy flag looks way too difficult and obstaculized. So I've voted no, though hopefully this can be improved!

Lucky_Ducky

Aug 31, 2020
Texas
This map is... incredible. Probably the most creative BlockWars map I have ever seen. It's just amazing! The theme is really creative, it looks really good. And the amount of different paths, obstacles and terrain variation you added make it look like it will be extremely fun to play in.

I'm only worried that there aren't any straightforward ways to get to the enemy flag, which seems like a possible cause of stalemates. Reaching the enemy flag looks way too difficult and obstaculized. So I've voted no, though hopefully this can be improved!
Maybe he can maybe make the paths more easy

Reactions: Gregeyy and Eli

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
We will be reevaluating that shortly. Thanks for the concern.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England

If you visit the actual map itself it is suprisingly simple and obvious to get to the flag

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

Wow even Eli likes it

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Yes I like it it looks much more interesting than greenzone also I like that u can shoot people off more I have good aim but I’m not the best at pvp

Reactions: Gregeyy

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Hey everyone, today I've got a sonic themed map! We weren't happy with the map Greenzone on bedrock, so we decided to make something that could replace it with delight! This isn't meant to replace Greenzone on Java where it will instead just be a different map, just bedrock, as it doesn't fit well into the bedrock playstyle.

View attachment 176280
The overhead view shows how packed the map is with different areas, all fit in to a length similar to the shortened Greenzone, with a flag to flag distance of 93 blocks.

View attachment 176281
The spawnpoint is on the spruce slab on the oak platform, with all the iron right in front for easy access.
All the vines throughout the map have barrier blocks behind them. The Java version of the map will have a bigger inner circle, with the cliff side having no void gap.

View attachment 176282
This target is hiding some bouncy slime blocks which place you perfectly on top of the next platform. The spruce is the end of the very long wooden bridge.

View attachment 176286
Another view of that is here. It's also possible to jump from the spikes area to both the flower pot and the further away bridge.

View attachment 176283
The next section features a deadly spike trap, covered by barrier blocks, but not without a couple bumps here and there. You can also see the jump platform which is reached from the jungle wood path.

View attachment 176285
For the bedrock players, that mystical green glow is where a beacon can be placed. Simply putting it straight down in the middle will only get you a tier 2 beacon, but a little more effort will get you a tier 3 or even a tier 4 if you can work out what to do!

View attachment 176310
The side shot of the whole map with cages included.

That's about it! With thanks to Faytje for help with the organics and that beautiful Tiki totem.
I have one question what are the beacons for and how do u get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom