Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Blockwars 5v5

It was announced today that Blockwars 5v5 will be leaving soon, the first game to be removed since Line Dash. Ironic, as they both came out at the same time. As an avid Bridges player, this came as a shock, especially since the gamemode has been around for over 3 years now. I understand why 5v5 is being removed, It's being replaced with a new 10v10 mode. This makes sense, as younger players will naturally play with larger team sizes, as it's far less sweaty. I won't get in to the technical reasons as to why 5v5 is being removed, as I'm not a programmer.

Blockwars Teams

One of the main reasons cited as to why it's being removed, is because having 2 versions of Blockwars would take up extra resources. My solution to this problem wouldn't be to remove 5v5, but to merge it with 10v10. That may sound a bit weird, but hear me out. On Java there is a mode called Team Eggwars, which isn't Eggwars Duos, Eggwars Quads, or even Eggwars Mega, but all of them at once. How it works is that some maps will be Duos maps and some will be Quads maps, but if you queue into the game without selecting a map, it will pick between the modes randomly. A similar thing could be done for Blockwars 5v5.

How could this be done?

I'd suggest that if this were to be done, many 5v5 maps would have to be removed, maybe only keeping 3-4 CTF maps and 3-4 Bridges maps. Similar to what happened on Java after "The Future of Java", all the fan favourites could be kept. My personal list for Bridges would be Factory, Mesa, Towers, and Barn. Whereas for CTF I would keep Castle Wars, Green Hills, Positive, and Tetronimo. These are personal preferences, so they might not be the perfect maps to stay.

Outro

Overall, I love 5v5 and would hate to see it go. Blockwars 5v5 has been on Cubecraft so long and I would hate to see it replaced with Mini Giga. I think implementing both 5v5 and 10v10 as 1 queue would be a fair compromise. Especially seeing as this will cause a lot of upheaval in the Blockwars community. I just don't want to see a repeat of Eggwars: Season 2, especially to an already struggling game. TLDR; Add both 5v5 and 10v10 as 1 queue.​

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Blockwars 5v5

It was announced today that Blockwars 5v5 will be leaving soon, the first game to be removed since Line Dash. Ironic, as they both came out at the same time. As an avid Bridges player, this came as a shock, especially since the gamemode has been around for over 3 years now. I understand why 5v5 is being removed, It's being replaced with a new 10v10 mode. This makes sense, as younger players will naturally play with larger team sizes, as it's far less sweaty. I won't get in to the technical reasons as to why 5v5 is being removed, as I'm not a programmer.

Blockwars Teams

One of the main reasons cited as to why it's being removed, is because having 2 versions of Blockwars would take up extra resources. My solution to this problem wouldn't be to remove 5v5, but to merge it with 10v10. That may sound a bit weird, but hear me out. On Java there is a mode called Team Eggwars, which isn't Eggwars Duos, Eggwars Quads, or even Eggwars Mega, but all of them at once. How it works is that some maps will be Duos maps and some will be Quads maps, but if you queue into the game without selecting a map, it will pick between the modes randomly. A similar thing could be done for Blockwars 5v5.

How could this be done?

I'd suggest that if this were to be done, many 5v5 maps would have to be removed, maybe only keeping 3-4 CTF maps and 3-4 Bridges maps. Similar to what happened on Java after "The Future of Java", all the fan favourites could be kept. My personal list for Bridges would be Factory, Mesa, Towers, and Barn. Whereas for CTF I would keep Castle Wars, Green Hills, Positive, and Tetronimo. These are personal preferences, so they might not be the perfect maps to stay.

Outro

Overall, I love 5v5 and would hate to see it go. Blockwars 5v5 has been on Cubecraft so long and I would hate to see it replaced with Mini Giga. I think implementing both 5v5 and 10v10 as 1 queue would be a fair compromise. Especially seeing as this will cause a lot of upheaval in the Blockwars community. I just don't want to see a repeat of Eggwars: Season 2, especially to an already struggling game. TLDR; Add both 5v5 and 10v10 as 1 queue.​
What i dont want blockwars 5vs5 gone is very funny game and why they do that

Reactions: Dualninja

Xalibur

Jul 15, 2022
Earth
Pronouns
He/Him
Blockwars 5v5

Blockwars Teams

How could this be done?

Outro

For younger players preferring 5v5 as they will be likely overwhelmed with people guarding the pit / the flag. This will mean that will likely not like playing it. I will also add that sweats bring all the money into cubecraft. Giga blockwars serves as a game for those who prefer larger teams. :)

Reactions: ItzOrangey

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
100%. This would satisfy old Bridges players who could select old maps and casuals who could play random maps.
Exactly, it would also be easy enough to implement, as it's the same as how Eggwars works on Java.

floppa7000

Jun 14, 2023
Blockwars 5v5

Blockwars Teams

How could this be done?

Outro

worst possible decision they could have made

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Top Bottom