Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
First, yes I'm aware of getting cheaters banned with reports. I've done it over fifty times.

OK, my suggestion is allowing players to block other players like on social media. You get to keep playing. They get to keep playing - just not with you. For me, cheaters, crossteaming, people wildly below my skill level and wildly above, trolls, team killers, etc. -ALL fall into the same category. I simply don't want to play with them.

With a block feature I think the games here would naturally organize themselves into happier groups. Cheaters could play with cheaters. Team killers could fight over who gets to cut down the bridge in EggWars. They'd all be in paradise, lol. It wouldn't even have to be fully automatic, there could just be a warning.

Something like: You've tagged RulzUrMom. If you wish, leave game before it starts!

I really hate playing with bannable players but on the other hand most obviously have no idea what they are doing (example: those flyers that just flop around) what's worse are the clever cheaters that require an 12 minute video dissertation. Anyways, just an idea.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
The thing is this can be abused. You can block every single good player so you don't come acorss them, so it's easier to win games, so i don't think this is really a good idea.

Reactions: Marieke2001

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
The thing is this can be abused. You can block every single good player so you don't come acorss them, so it's easier to win games, so i don't think this is really a good idea.

Probably. Perhaps make it where if you use this setting it knocks you out of the Leaderboards.

However, you can already just leave games with "good players so it's easier to win" already. This would not really change that.

Last edited:

SlipAndSlideBby

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2018
The Netherlands
First, yes I'm aware of getting cheaters banned with reports. I've done it over fifty times.

OK, my suggestion is allowing players to block other players like on social media. You get to keep playing. They get to keep playing - just not with you. For me, cheaters, crossteaming, people wildly below my skill level and wildly above, trolls, team killers, etc. -ALL fall into the same category. I simply don't want to play with them.

With a block feature I think the games here would naturally organize themselves into happier groups. Cheaters could play with cheaters. Team killers could fight over who gets to cut down the bridge in EggWars. They'd all be in paradise, lol. It wouldn't even have to be fully automatic, there could just be a warning.

Something like: You've tagged RulzUrMom. If you wish, leave game before it starts!

I really hate playing with bannable players but on the other hand most obviously have no idea what they are doing (example: those flyers that just flop around) what's worse are the clever cheaters that require an 12 minute video dissertation. Anyways, just an idea.

Mmh idk what i find from this. Its good but also not like if i kill someone and he is soo toxic that he block me ingame soo he wont see me in any games you know what i mean and what Waterguy_12 said its easy for wins grinding

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
Mmh idk what i find from this. Its good but also not like if i kill someone and he is soo toxic that he block me ingame soo he wont see me in any games you know what i mean and what Waterguy_12 said its easy for wins grinding

Lots of things are abused that people also love. People love kill count, but there are people that don't finish the egg in EggWars and farm kills while standing in the respawn until everyone logs off.

If someone is so toxic they don't want to play with you, then just let them vanish from the Leaderboards. Good for you, good for them, good for the community.

Last edited:

SlipAndSlideBby

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2018
The Netherlands
Lots of things are abused that people also love. People love kill count, but there are people that don't finish the egg in EggWars and farm kills while standing in the respawn until everyone logs off.

If someone is so toxic they don't want to play with you, then just let them vanish from ranked play. Good for you, good for them, good for the community.

You know if they're kill farming or camping a lot you can report them on the site? https://reports.cubecraft.net/login

Reactions: Dudu

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
You know if they're kill farming or camping a lot you can report them on the site? https://reports.cubecraft.net/login

Sure. Of course. I'm not saying get rid of banning, kill count or the Leaderboards. It's just from what I see on the wildly successful social media platforms that allow stratification among their userbase, it seems obvious that it would be a good addition here.

Last edited:

SlipAndSlideBby

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2018
The Netherlands
Sure. Of course. I'm not saying get rid of banning or ranked play. It's just from what I see on the wildly successful social media platforms that allow stratification among their userbase, it seems obvious that it would be a good addition here.

If you dont wanna talk to the person /ignore (name).
If you dont wanna play with the person /leave or /hub and join another game

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
/leave or /hub and join another game

Great tip. :)

All I'm suggesting is that to be an algorithm. Most games don't show a complete list at the beginning. You just have to see them in game randomly.

Last edited:

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA

If someone is so toxic they don't want to play with you, then just let them vanish from ranked play. Good for you, good for them, good for the community.

There are no ranked games on Cube by the way. I don't know where you are getting this information from.

davethel

Sep 10, 2019
There are no ranked games on Cube by the way. I don't know where you are getting this information from.

Sorry, I'm probably using the word wrong or how it's used on another game. I was replying to comments about easy wins; their concerns about leaderboards, and kill counts. Me importa un bledo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll edit the post so it's more clear but it's not what anyone in my group cares about. Not our point. We dip in for games when we can as a group and play games we can team. They microtransaction skins and stuff but these guys play the game for the moment. I am trying to make suggestions to make it more fun to play for us. We want to avoid trolls and salt. And "just report them" isn't working.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom