Not open for further replies.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Dear readers
I am Berre, and I have a new suggestion. This one is about the chat

Problem

There are too many words blocked, most of these words are in my opinion not a problem to say. Words like "noob" and "ez" ..

Complains
Words like "noob" and "ez" should be back allowed without any disccusion what so ever. These words aren't defined as swearing by the Staff. Saying these isn't punishable, so why are they blocked?

Wait, wait!
And yes. I'm against toxicity. If players laugh when they kill me, I always say "Don't be so toxic please", and indeed "noob" and "ez" can be defined as toxic, but blocking them.. Are we all 5-year olds?

Solution
Deblock words like "noob", "ez" and "wtf". Even letters like "L" and "F" are blocked. Seriously?!

Thanks for reading!
-Berre

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
I think you are partly right and partly wrong, I agree with the fact that toxic people are annoying and that these words aren't swear words but some people here ARE 5 year olds and that's why all of these are blocked.....

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think you are partly right and partly wrong, I agree with the fact that toxic people are annoying and that these words aren't swear words but some people here ARE 5 year olds and that's why all of these are blocked.....
Five year olds don't really know those words, and can't really type them, ;)

Reactions: Lilleh__

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
ok so WTF and ez shouldnt come back while the letters L and F should. Also, did you know you can't TAB complete a persons name anymore? Try it! I'm triggered.

Reactions: Shamel

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
The last time I checked, the word "ez" was filterd, but you could say "easy"

EDIT: And there are way more words then "ez, wtf, noob, f and l" that don't need a filter..

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
ok so WTF and ez shouldnt come back while the letters L and F should. Also, did you know you can't TAB complete a persons name anymore? Try it! I'm triggered.
I tried it, and found I could.
Maybe you were trying to speak in global by putting ! right before their name, which would indeed stop it.

Saruhh

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
ur mom's house
The last time I checked, the word "ez" was filterd, but you could say "easy"

EDIT: And there are way more words then "ez, wtf, noob, f and l" that don't need a filter..
they’ve now blocked out “izi” and that was my comeback :// i guess i’ll actually have to type out “easy”

and yeah, there are many other words that shouldn’t be blocked out

Reactions: Sweetenerera

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Words like "noob" and "ez" should be back allowed without any disccusion what so ever. These words aren't defined as swearing by the Staff. Saying these isn't punishable, so why are they blocked?
They are blocked to reduce toxic behaviour, of course it's not punishable - but it isn't harming anyone (except the ones that do use it in a toxic way).
but blocking them.. Are we all 5-year olds?
I can't answer that for you, but incase you are trying to say 'i'm not a kid anymore, let me say whatever I want to say' - I have to say: 'you can be mature without being toxic', saying 'ez' and 'noob' seems very immature to me, but that's just a personal opinion.
Even letters like "L" and "F" are blocked. Seriously?!
Why is this bothering you? You shouldn't have to use them at all if you aren't using them in a toxic/forbidden way. "L" and "F" aren't word so it shouldn't effect your chat behavior as a mature person at all. As a benefit, the "F" filter is blocking a load of swearing, and really helps with moderating the network.

Also, did you know you can't TAB complete a persons name anymore? Try it! I'm triggered.
You can report this as a bug, be sure to add video evidence though!

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
they should defenetly unblock "WTF" because it isnt a targetet offence and most likly neing juses against a hacker or that the server has a HUGE lagg spike

Reactions: Lilleh__
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Vorealys wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!! 🥳
And to think that I met you when you were just a baby

1713556170222.png
Matriox wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Fun fact: you can’t hum if you’re holding your nose
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the helper team!
SpringWarz wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the helper team!
SpringWarz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats, welcome back to the team!
Top Bottom