Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gwynbl3id

Feb 12, 2023
Hello everyone!

I'm a player who has been enjoying this server, and Egg Wars in particular, for many years now, and even though I say I've been playing for many years, I can honestly say that I don't visit this server as regularly as I used to. The server has lost users over time on the Java version and has recently downsized both in terms of the server and the mini-games. Thus, like many loyal players, it lost me to a great extent.

But I believe that this server and game has a lot of potential, and if you think about it, there is hardly any PvP server above 1.9 on Java. Cubecraft was and still is one of those rare servers. Let's discuss and come up with ideas to revitalize this server and win both nostalgic and new players. In this post, I will mostly give ideas based on Egg Wars.

[1] Egg Wars will have its own lobby. With a unique and interesting design, the lobby will be themed in accordance with the current season system and will also host small events.

[2] A level system called Egg Wars Knowledge will come to the game. Players want to earn something other than the usual cosmetics at the end of hours of play, and this can be achieved through a level system that is basically tied to spending time in the game, cracking eggs, and doing other in-game activities.

[3] In addition to the Cubelets already on the server, there will be an Egg Wars-only system like Cube-egg and Egg Wars Coins. With this idea, which will be more in line with the game, items of different rarity will be earned by breaking three levels of surprise eggs. From the bottom to the top, these rarities will be ordinary, rare, epic and legendary. The first level Cube-egg will give ordinary, rare and slightly epic items; the second level Cube-egg will give rare, epic and slightly legendary items; and the third level Cube-egg will give epic and legendary items. As is currently the case, only first-level Cube-eggs will be released from games, and these eggs will be earned each time you level up Egg Wars and from one of the weekly Egg Wars missions. These first level eggs will not be lost after a certain period of time, as they are now, while the second and third level eggs will be lost after a month! This second level egg will be made from 4 first level eggs and the third level egg will be made from 4 second level eggs.

[4] Seasons will be more detailed and each season will have special Egg Wars items. These season items can only be earned during a month called Nostalgia Month after the season ends.

[5] Unnecessary items in the game will be removed from the store and replaced with items that will make the game more tactical.

I'll continue to add more, but please get back to me and let me know if you have any real intention of making this game better. This game can go back to the way it was, and it's up to you!

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
Java already has a leveling system for other games, while bedrock does not, bedrock has more players, java doesn't, they should work on other stuff

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Howdy!

I'll mention what I think of each of the proposed ideas separately.

[1] Egg Wars will have its own lobby. With a unique and interesting design, the lobby will be themed in accordance with the current season system and will also host small events.
The reason Java can't afford to have even more lobbies open is because Java just doesn't have that many players. Unlike Bedrock, where pretty much every single lobby is teeming with players, Java's standard ~three main lobby worlds can't even reach their max player count. How would that times six or so even work?

They removed the old lobbies for this reason. There's just not enough players. You can read more about it HERE.

Also, regarding the lobby Season themes: I think that is a great idea. There's just one thing... Who's going to make them? With the 1.19 update coming up, I doubt they'll have too many designers at their disposal for things like you suggested. Even if they weren't busy with the upcoming update, most likely they'll still be working on other things such as updating maps generally - like fixing issues -, working on upcoming (seasonal) updates - after the 1.19 update - and whatever new maps they may create... The list goes on. As far as I know, the team isn't that large-scaled, unfortunately.

[2] A level system called Egg Wars Knowledge will come to the game. Players want to earn something other than the usual cosmetics at the end of hours of play, and this can be achieved through a level system that is basically tied to spending time in the game, cracking eggs, and doing other in-game activities.
If I'm being brutally honest, I would have to say this is just not necessary. I would rather see them improve the achievement system than add a whole new system that will make everything messier.

My suggestion - instead of this - would be to revamp the existing achievement system by adding new achievements and adding better rewards to these new achievements and the already existing ones. The perfect substitute for your suggested new system would just be the already existing progressive achievements. By changing up the rewards for these, for instance by giving a special (perhaps) SkyWars-related cosmetic for reaching a thousand wins in SkyWars, etc, not only will you encourage players to play more, players will also feel like their accomplishments (achievements in this case) are worth more. More than just some EXP, points and cubelets.

* For reference, the 1.000 wins achievement gives you 5.000 EXP, 3 cubelets and 500 points.
For someone who doesn't have a very high rank, which causes a difficult time saving up cubelets for better tiers, it practically means they'll be getting ~2 commons and ~1 uncommon, or the other way around might they be lucky. And 500 points? That's like one to half of a kit. I believe the EXP rewards are mostly fine though.

I feel like the achievement system that should be rewarding you for good progress could definitely use a revamp or at least some changes, but I don't think it's necessary to create a whole new system just for this, when a good part of it already exists, just practically unused. A new system will only be messy. How and where would the stats show up? Just for you, or also for others? Etc, etc. If you could answer that without having to implement a messy system, I'll give you props.

[3] In addition to the Cubelets already on the server, there will be an Egg Wars-only system like Cube-egg and Egg Wars Coins. With this idea, which will be more in line with the game, items of different rarity will be earned by breaking three levels of surprise eggs. From the bottom to the top, these rarities will be ordinary, rare, epic and legendary. The first level Cube-egg will give ordinary, rare and slightly epic items; the second level Cube-egg will give rare, epic and slightly legendary items; and the third level Cube-egg will give epic and legendary items. As is currently the case, only first-level Cube-eggs will be released from games, and these eggs will be earned each time you level up Egg Wars and from one of the weekly Egg Wars missions. These first level eggs will not be lost after a certain period of time, as they are now, while the second and third level eggs will be lost after a month! This second level egg will be made from 4 first level eggs and the third level egg will be made from 4 second level eggs.
I'm rather confused by this one. Will these surprise eggs just randomly spawn on the map and you can break them, like an egg hunt? Or is it that the already existing team eggs will just be of random value?

I'm curious as to how you think the item-giving system for these eggs will work together with the regular game. Since it will just be pure luck if you just happen to find a legendary rarity egg. This would immediately give the player who happens to stumble across the surprise egg an advantage they shouldn't have, especially in a game such as EggWars. It's probably better to leave the luck thing to Lucky Islands.

I think the idea of having random surprise eggs pop up on the map and that breaking them will give you rewards such as points, maybe EXP or perhaps even X chance to get Cubelets is fun and can be part of an EggWars season or so, but in-game items? Not so much.

I mean it when I say that I don't understand at all what the core is of what you're suggesting here. Are the Cube-eggs the surprise eggs? Weren't they supposed to give items instead of them being a collectibe? I'm incredibly confused by all this. What does leveling up EggWars mean and what are these weekly EggWars missions that you're suggesting...? And the egg thing at the end... Isn't that just Cubelets but... eggs?

[4] Seasons will be more detailed and each season will have special Egg Wars items. These season items can only be earned during a month called Nostalgia Month after the season ends.
How will seasons be 'more detailed'? Could you provide some more information?

So the Seasons will bring along with them special items - I'm not sure if you mean loot items or in-game items - but these items can only be obtained after the initial Season. I'm genuinely confused. Aren't items during a season supposed to be unlockable during that season? I'll just assume you're talking about loot items here. I'd like to mention that adding even more loot items only for Season progress isn't needed at all. If, by some miracle, CubeCraft Java ever grows beyond what we would have ever thought, perhaps it would be nice to introduce custom loot for these sorts of events. However, that just isn't the case right now. CubeCraft doesn't have the playerbase nor the resources for such a thing in its current state.

* If you do happen to be talking about in-game items, for instance like a menu in the EggWars shop with limited time items from that season that you can buy to use in the game, I think that's a great idea. Technically, a part of this is sort of already implemented though, as we know that some items will change or be removed or added every season.

Also, I'm interested about what you mean with Nostalgia Month. What is it about, how can you induce the feeling of nostalgia through EggWars specifically and how far does the nostalgia that you mean go? I still remember Nostalgia Week from years ago, where they temporarily added old maps back to the game to give that feel. Therefore, I'm wondering how this would work for EggWars only. And after each Season? Huh...?

[5] Unnecessary items in the game will be removed from the store and replaced with items that will make the game more tactical.
On the CubeCraft Notion Board HERE, you can read about an upcoming EggWars Season 2 update, which brings with it 1.19 additions, removal and rework of certain content, and more. Out of the 'more', I'll quote this for you: "Benefits for pushing & attacking".

I need to mention here that EggWars isn't the only minigame this server has. You're suggesting so many different things, all for EggWars, which is great. I want Java to thrive again as well, and all games could use similar feedback. However, adding only a lobby for EggWars and not for the other games, only a level-up system for EggWars, etc, it's like all the other games don't deserve the same effort. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. EggWars doesn't need a game-specific system providing only that playerbase with extra ways to get loot, leaving out the rest. None of the games need that. It's better to have one system that unifies all games rather than a messy substitute that breaks apart the already small community.

If my feedback comes off as rude, I must apologize. It really is not my intention. I'm just trying to provide contructive criticism, so you can come up with even better ideas next time.

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Heyhoi,

I don't have to say that much, That's because hoshi has already made quite a lot of things clear.
But I do believe that there should not be specific thinking about a particular games, because there are updates coming and we don't have the developers to do more than we do right now, as far as i know. Of course, making a suggestion is always possible, but I don't think they're going to look at something like this at the moment.

Small thanks to @Hoshi you did make it very clear thx!

Regards

Nubnub

Reactions: Hoshi

Gwynbl3id

Feb 12, 2023
I haven't thought about the system in detail, guys. I'll get your feedback in a bit, but first of all, you should know that the current system has big problems and maybe Cubecraft Java is at risk of being shut down soon!

The reason Java can't afford to have even more lobbies open is because Java just doesn't have that many players.
I know why they made this change, but sometimes you have to take risks to gain something. I think this is one of those moments for Cubecraft. The lobby, which is completely dedicated to Egg Wars, will keep players engaged and focused on this game.

I would rather see them improve the achievement system than add a whole new system that will make everything messier.
Honestly, I think that the vast majority of new players don't know about these achievements, and even if they do, they don't really care. A level system that is more visible, that attracts players' attention makes more sense to me. This could work differently from a classic level system and work as a unique system, I haven't thought about it in detail. All in all, I think these big changes will be more about rebuilding the game than messing things up like you said.

I'm rather confused by this one. Will these surprise eggs just randomly spawn on the map and you can break them, like an egg hunt? Or is it that the already existing team eggs will just be of random value?
I thought I had explained this topic in enough detail, but I was wrong. The idea of the surprise egg is fundamentally different from the current idea of opening a box only in theme! As you mentioned, it won't appear randomly in the game and there is absolutely no chance involved. I just explained a system that would be in line with the level system I explained in the previous article, which is actually similar to the Bed Wars game. Like in Bed Wars, every time you level up and every weekly quest, you will be given a Cube-egg. Players who break these Cube-eggs will receive in-game cosmetics. Also, these eggs will be able to be combined into a higher level Cube-egg, similar to the current one. There are also some small but important details that I explained in the post that will make the system work better.

I'd like to mention that adding even more loot items only for Season progress isn't needed at all.
Making the season more detailed means applying the season's theme to the lobby, out-of-game and in-game cosmetic items. Only cosmetic items that are exclusive to this season and highly relevant to this season's theme can be earned during this season, and players will not be able to obtain these items in subsequent seasons. The only way to obtain these items later will be during Nostalgia Month. During Nostalgia Month, items from all seasons that year will be available.

On the CubeCraft Notion Board HERE, you can read about an upcoming EggWars Season 2 update, which brings with it 1.19 additions, removal and rework of certain content, and more.
I haven't written much in this section because the gameplay details about the game itself are more complex. The aim is to create a faster paced, more tactical, more enjoyable game, and the items in the game should match that. If you look at the other mini-games on this subject you will understand what I mean. These items don't have to be perfectly balanced either, balance is not always the best thing. Players also need to be provoked sometimes 😀

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
First, I’d like to mention that you can quote multiple messages in one post.

I know why they made this change, but sometimes you have to take risks to gain something. I think this is one of those moments for Cubecraft. The lobby, which is completely dedicated to Egg Wars, will keep players engaged and focused on this game.
The risk they had to take - and did take - was removing the previously existing game-specific lobbies. I’m afraid that you just don’t understand that CubeCraft can’t afford to keep open that many different lobbies in its current state. They will never fill up with players and it will only cost CubeCraft resources to keep the bungeecord servers open.

Also, again, why would only EggWars get its own lobby? Whilst it may be the first game you’ll think of when someone mentions CubeCraft, these days it actually isn’t always the most played game.

Besides, the ~140 players in the game won’t be in the lobby… They’re in the game. All that work for perhaps two or three players in those lobbies at a time. They won’t even be there to appreciate it. Those players are most likely just going to pass through so they can get into the game - another reason why adding a lobby would be both pointless and inconvenient. If you could still access the game from the main lobby, there’d be no point in sending players to the EW lobby, and if not, then players will have to pass through that lobby to access the game. It costs extra time, for an already somewhat long game.

Honestly, I think that the vast majority of new players don't know about these achievements, and even if they do, they don't really care. A level system that is more visible, that attracts players' attention makes more sense to me. This could work differently from a classic level system and work as a unique system, I haven't thought about it in detail. All in all, I think these big changes will be more about rebuilding the game than messing things up like you said.
The current system may not be very known at the moment - until players get their first couple achievements unlocked -, but that is precisely the reason why I am suggesting to make it more interesting: to both increase the attention for it and encourage players to actually work on getting achievements. It is system that already exists and doesn’t need much revamping. Therefore, no intensive developing work is needed, especially not to create a whole new system.

A level system is indeed more visible - were we talking about the regular leveling system that we all know of. You’re not talking about that though. What I understand from your suggestion is that you’re suggesting to add a WHOLE new system, SPECIFICALLY created for EggWars.

Firstly, how is that more visible than the achievement system, considering the fact that in the main lobby you probably won’t be able to see the progress on your ‘level’? - The EggWars lobby thing just isn’t doable. And if the EggWars lobby can’t be there, there’s nowhere you can show the progress publicly, so what else would you suggest? It would just be another statistic displayed on your profile, just like your achievements. Do you understand where I’m going with this?

Secondly, how would the system work then? - You mentioned already that you hadn’t thought it through well yet. I would assume you know that if you don’t provide concrete reasoning nor a well-thought through proposal, that you will get some critical reasoning back. This is entirely the reason you shouldn’t suggest things of that scale without thinking critically about whether or not something like such would actually work. If it would actually fit well into the already existing system, whether or not it might provide an unfair advantage, or if it’s not doable with the current resources.

Lastly, I would like to mention that I never said it would mess anything up. I said it will make things messier. There’s a difference.

I thought I had explained this topic in enough detail, but I was wrong. The idea of the surprise egg is fundamentally different from the current idea of opening a box only in theme! As you mentioned, it won't appear randomly in the game and there is absolutely no chance involved. I just explained a system that would be in line with the level system I explained in the previous article, which is actually similar to the Bed Wars game. Like in Bed Wars, every time you level up and every weekly quest, you will be given a Cube-egg. Players who break these Cube-eggs will receive in-game cosmetics. Also, these eggs will be able to be combined into a higher level Cube-egg, similar to the current one. There are also some small but important details that I explained in the post that will make the system work better.
I hate to say it, but I’m still confused. How are players supposed to “break” the eggs? All I’m getting from this is, still, that it’s just Cubelets but they’re eggs.

Making the season more detailed means applying the season's theme to the lobby, out-of-game and in-game cosmetic items. Only cosmetic items that are exclusive to this season and highly relevant to this season's theme can be earned during this season, and players will not be able to obtain these items in subsequent seasons. The only way to obtain these items later will be during Nostalgia Month. During Nostalgia Month, items from all seasons that year will be available.
Thank you for clearing this one up. Here it did actually help. I assume these cosmetics would be obtained by the system of the Cube-eggs you mentioned above. I think this - including the Nostalgia Month thing - would be a great idea, but there is one problem. Like I mentioned before, I don’t think adding this proposed system is a great idea.

Genuinely, I think it would probably work better if CubeCraft Java had a bigger playerbase, one such as Hypixel. They can afford to do this type of stuff as there is much enthusiasm for that type of stuff there and the playerbase is ginormous.

Aside from this, Hypixel’s games aren’t Vanilla at all. CubeCraft, on the other hand, offers a very unique experience where the games don’t depend on how which kits or abilities you’ve unlocked or upgraded. CubeCraft doesn’t need to copy Hypixel. - Cube was even the first server with EggWars. BedWars, CakeWars, etc, it was all derived from CubeCraft’s original game. There is, again, no need to copy Hypixel, especially when the playerbase doesn’t need it.

I haven't written much in this section because the gameplay details about the game itself are more complex. The aim is to create a faster paced, more tactical, more enjoyable game, and the items in the game should match that. If you look at the other mini-games on this subject you will understand what I mean. These items don't have to be perfectly balanced either, balance is not always the best thing. Players also need to be provoked sometimes 😀
From my own experience, I can genuinely say that EggWars is already a pretty fast paced game, it is already very tactical and it is enjoyable. To top it all off, the items in the game already do match this. Obviously it depends on how you play, which mode you play in, and other factors such as how others play.

As much as I’m for rushing and getting resources as soon as possible when falling out of the cage, you shouldn’t force others to also play like this. Some players prefer staying on the island, protecting their base, quickly going to mid to get materials and then staying on their island again to be able to safely farm diamonds and gold. Not everyone has the same game tactics that you do and that I do. EggWars Season 2 will already feature “Benefits for pushing & attacking” and they’ll be removing content that is deemed unnecessary, so what more do you want? It’s better to just wait for the update to come out and then judge.

If you look at the other mini-games on this subject you will understand what I mean.
That’s the thing… I don’t understand what you mean. What other minigames do you mean?

These items don't have to be perfectly balanced either, balance is not always the best thing.
Aren’t the items supposed to be balanced? You’re practically saying that one person having an unfair advantage over another is fine. Everyone needs to have an equal chance at winning.

Imagine this: If a person misses the opportunity to obtain diamonds in the first 10 minutes even though they had the chance to, it’s on them. However, if a person isn’t given the opportunity to get diamonds in the first place - perhaps because of a barrier wall placed in between them and the island with the diamonds, but the other players are able to get to the diamonds because there’s no barrier for them, there’s no equal chance of getting those materials and therefore winning.
That is what I feel like this part of the post is encouraging, which is rather confusing and I must say I genuinely don’t understand what you meant with any of that.

I would really appreciate it if you also actually commented on the relevant things I mentioned that you haven’t commented on.

Gwynbl3id

Feb 12, 2023
Aren’t the items supposed to be balanced? You’re practically saying that one person having an unfair advantage over another is fine.
No, I'm not talking about players being equal to each other, I'm just saying that the important thing is to add interesting items to the game. The more mechanics you add to the game, the harder it is to make it balanced, and I was emphasizing that this is not a problem up to a certain point. If players are always having fun, they will get bored after a while 🙂

From my own experience, I can genuinely say that EggWars is already a pretty fast paced game, it is already very tactical and it is enjoyable.
You think about it, man, but thousands of gamers have quit the game because they don't think about it anymore. Maybe that's why there is a problem that both you and the staff should think about. I'll reply on other issues but I'm not available right now.

Guillaumerr

Feb 21, 2023
I like your ideas, however the question still remains if the devs are gonna do smth with it. I was on Java for long, once the server went downhill I switched to Bedrock on my ps4 and ps5 atm. I hope that Java will get the justice it deserves.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom