Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No, I do not want this to get added [Explain]

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I think it is time that CC add beta game lobbies to the server. It doesn't have to be fancy, it could just have a lobby filled with beta games.
Since the games are still being developed on, it means it could easily get new changes/additions depending on how the community would like it to be!
Another thing is the players could discover much more bugs and much faster than a few staff member testing the game(s).
It would also increase the excitement of the game over time.
Of course by playing beta-games you won't obtain points or prizes, since it is a beta-game which may have exploits but maybe a new currency that can only be used in the beta-lobbies? Like for buying kits and abilities (whatever you buy there won't be transferred to you once the game is fully released, since I have stated before there could be an exploit allowing you to win easily).
Ranked players would be able to vote in these beta games, possibly exclusive to the obsidian rank making it much more special!

In addition to that I would like it if @jollow250 's suggestion regarding /report & /bug would be mentioned around in this lobby. More specifically /bug since the game(s) is/are still in beta mode meaning there are going to be bugs which new players may not know how to report!

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Staff tests games now which are still in development, right? That has to stay, because they're the Staff of CubeCraft. We maybe can find more bugs than the Staff Members can, but we can still find some bugs when the game has been released. No sorry. I don't like this idea.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Staff tests games now which are still in development, right? That has to stay, because they're the Staff of CubeCraft. We maybe can find more bugs than the Staff Members can, but we can still find some bugs when the game has been released. No sorry. I don't like this idea.
That doesn't make sense to my, why don't you want the community to defect the bugs earlier, before the official release of the game? Also, mostly it takes a lot of time (SoonTM) to solve a bug... I think that this will be a great solution!

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
That doesn't make sense to my, why don't you want the community to defect the bugs earlier, before the official release of the game? Also, mostly it takes a lot of time (SoonTM) to solve a bug... I think that this will be a great solution!
Staff Members can also detect a bug and while they're testing the game they can always alert a Developer.

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
CubeCraft uses a private béta that only Staff members have access to. They will find the bugs and forward them to the Developers. If they make it an open béta it would be a bit messy because béta versions are here to trace and track bugs to forward to Developers.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I personally find this might not be accepted due to the secrecy of the updates (Or at least the attempt at secrecy on any updates) however this would be useful
Why would they want updates to be a secret? In fact giving us leaks and beta versions could increase the popularity of the game once it is fully released.
Staff Members can also detect a bug and while they're testing the game they can always alert a Developer.
So can regular players. They could also report it to the bug report section.
CubeCraft uses a private béta that only Staff members have access to.
I know that which is why I am suggesting they create a beta lobbies for regular players.
They will find the bugs and forward them to the Developers.
So can players via bug reports. A staff member may lock your thread and alert a developer.
If they make it an open béta it would be a bit messy because béta versions are here to trace and track bugs to forward to Developers.
All it's going to be is a bigger lobby than the regular ones with some boards that have basic maps to choose from. Again players could just report the bug to the bug report section..

Reactions: DanDaDino

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Honestly I prefer that they don't have beta games thrown here and there. This is more personal opinion, but with how they have it things seem more polished. They have the games released when they are finished, this means that most of the big bugs will have already been found and they won't be spammed for the same thing thousands of times.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Whats the point in that? CubeCraft has enough games already, and with only about 10,000 players and around 15 games of course they'd all flock to beta. Sure, maybe open closed beta testing on ONE game for like Emerald/Obsidian, but a lobby chock-full of games which everyone can play? Sure, it's an okay idea for a server who consistently tops 45,000 players, but even for them, over THREE QUARTERS of the player count play on their beta lobby at all times.

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
I think it is time that CC add beta game lobbies to the server. It doesn't have to be fancy, it could just have a lobby filled with beta games.
Since the games are still being developed on, it means it could easily get new changes/additions depending on how the community would like it to be!
Another thing is the players could discover much more bugs and much faster than a few staff member testing the game(s).
Of course by playing beta-games you won't obtain points or prizes, since it is a beta-game which may have exploits but maybe a new currency that can only be used in the beta-lobbies? Like for buying kits and abilities (whatever you buy there won't be transferred to you once the game is fully released, since I have stated before there could be an exploit allowing you to win easily).
Ranked players would be able to vote in these beta games, possibly exclusive to the obsidian rank making it much more special!

In addition to that I would like it if @jollow250 's suggestion regarding /report & /bug would be mentioned around in this lobby. More specifically /bug since the game(s) is/are still in beta mode meaning there are going to be bugs which new players may not know how to report!

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/let-the-players-decide.189008/#post-822422

O, and the're not going to add it.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Whats the point in that? CubeCraft has enough games already, and with only about 10,000 players and around 15 games of course they'd all flock to beta.
Have you thought on why and how new games exists? They first come up with ideas then start making beta-versions which they play around with other staff members. My only suggestion is that these beta versions are released to the public. The way you're saying it is like you don't want new games just the current ones.. (consider money walls, blockband, arcade. They're all fairly new).
Sure, maybe open closed beta testing on ONE game for like Emerald/Obsidian
It depends on how many games are in the beta stages. If it is one, we get one beta version. If it is two we get two... Of course these games need to be at least in a playable state.I was considering making it only for certain donaters but there was something about the EULA not allowing the server to limit a game only for donaters. Unless I am wrong, but it would be better making it public for everyone. Just give Obsidian ranks the ability to vote (if there is an option).
O, and the're not going to add it.
Did they mention why?

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
Have you thought on why and how new games exists? They first come up with ideas then start making beta-versions which they play around with other staff members. My only suggestion is that these beta versions are released to the public. The way you're saying it is like you don't want new games just the current ones.. (consider money walls, blockband, arcade. They're all fairly new).

It depends on how many games are in the beta stages. If it is one, we get one beta version. If it is two we get two... Of course these games need to be at least in a playable state.I was considering making it only for certain donaters but there was something about the EULA not allowing the server to limit a game only for donaters. Unless I am wrong, but it would be better making it public for everyone. Just give Obsidian ranks the ability to vote (if there is an option).

Did they mention why?
Nope (or I cant remember it)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Awesome but to be honest they don't want people to steal any ideas from them...

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton

prototypeshocking.PNG
prototypeshocking2.PNG
The Arcade server here used to top 25,000 players. Look at it now! Imagine how big a dent it would make in a server like CubeCraft, with around 9,500 peak. There'd be no players in any of the games!

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom