Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Both

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
honestly both have different aspects of the game that make it unique but I play on java much more

Reactions: Reapz

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I played both versions (mainly just single-player survival in the case of bedrock, but also some Cubecraft to try it out) and I think java is overall a much better experience. Note that I've always played java and I'm basing this mainly on like 1-3 survival worlds of a total of maybe 100 hours, compared to my thousands of hours in java it doesn't compare.

I feel like bedrock has a bit of a reputation as 'a poor mans Minecraft'. It is less demanding and available on the phone. This makes it great for budget PCs and people who don't even own a pc. However, almost any technical feature in the game (mainly Redstone and spawning mechanics) is fundamentally broken. PvP seems less fun due to compensation for people on phone/console.
I also liked this wording of someone on Reddit who called bedrock very 'factory machined' it doesn't have rough edges and looks very polished, but the moment you want to use it to your own desire it starts to show its flaws and cannot be changed or used differently.
Also, it doesn't support texture packs and mods all that well.
I also hated movement in the game. I don't know why, but it feels really off and I can't put my finger on it why. I hate the chat on it (I can't see anything).

Overall I would say that bedrock is more polished if you are a casual player (no complicated farms, no complicated redstone, sticking to building and exploring etc.) but the moment you try to do anything that is possible in java, it falls apart.

D

Deleted member 469419

Each platform have their good and bad things. For example, in java there's anticheat with ban every hacker who use the crazy fly around the whole server nevertheless this isn't in bedrock yet. In Bedrock, you haven't to wait much time to join a team skywars/team eggwars game because it usually have more than 20k players,nevertheless you have to for java.

Although I voted "both" because from my point of view is like that, I do prefer Java because I've playing it since 2014 (around server no premiums - cubecraft)

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
To be fair, both platforms have their pluses and minuses.
Let's start with bedrock's pluses.
It's very accessible, since you can play with your compact device almost everywhere on the planet, which is a huge plus.
It has a large playerbase and not too many games, which results in basically no waiting time between games.
As well, we should mention, that cheaters there aren't as creative as they can get in java, plus the Bedrock community seems to be way nicer, probably because gamodes like Duels and FFA don't exsist there currently.
Now, the minuses:
The PC players have a significant advantage over mobile device players, simply because the computers nowadays can be way stronger than any mobile phone/tablet, so it is way easier to play.
Most importantly, using a mouse will ALWAYS be better, compared to tapping with fingers, because you can click faster and turn around with more precision.
That's Mojang's fault in my opinion, they shouldnt've released Bedrock Minecraft for PC's.
There is a serious lack of staff there, as far as I know, and many people are unhappy with it. Sadly, that only depends on how many people want to be a staff member on the Bedrock platform and how confident they are.
For now there aren't ANY seriously pvp oriented gamodes like Duels and FFA there, but since a developer got hired to work on them and the news said that they might transfer it to bedrock none of us can really complain about it, if they get transferred:)
Java's pluses:
It has a ton of gamodes, if we include the featured gamodes that change in a couple of days always, so everyone can be happy with it.
It has much staff, so much that reports get dealt with in a couple of minutes, we get new maps often, and same goes for new updates.
Sadly it has some flaws:
Sentinel bans falsely a lot, which may frustrate some people.
Some gamodes are really unpopular and Java has got a significantly smaller playerbase, which makes sometimes waiting a nightmare, if you want to play a less popular gamode.
Some people are really toxic there.
My guess about that is, because there exist clans and everything is just so competitively oriented and etc.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom