Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see platform specific games on Bedrock? (Read the thread before voting)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Guys could you please just add the knockback, from my point of view it’s going nowhere, it’s great knockback and people’s main complaint was it’s too hard for mobile players, so that’s gone if you implement this, I can’t stress enough how much playing with other pc players will be more fun if there is a working kb and it requires some kind of skill, why did you stop working on the kb just add it

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
@rubik_cube_man @Younisco
so far what I see is nothing being done, I understand that the developing takes a little while, but this thread was introduced 10 days ago and the knockback one over 2 weeks ago

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
@rubik_cube_man @Younisco
so far what I see is nothing being done, I understand that the developing takes a little while, but this thread was introduced 10 days ago and the knockback one over 2 weeks ago
This is because the knockback test has been influenced by problems with platforms / input device - mobile players are now severely disadvantaged with the new KB because PC players can combo them to absolute oblivion. We have not ignored it and are wanting for changes to the network to go out within the next couple of weeks. However, there's still a lot of internal discussions that are having to take place before a massive change like this is deployed. I'd rather we take time to discuss what the best way forward instead of making a drastic change really quickly and making a mistake. :)

Reactions: wxzzrd and Ge1ster

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
If someone added an option this would have been over before it started its not that hard just add an option.
The reason why we're sceptical about adding a queue for people who wants to queue with everyone is that queue times will be long - to the point that it won't be enjoyable to even queue with every platform. With this queue option, we're assuming that:

- People know of its existence - unfortunately, at the moment, we haven't optimised things like game announcements for Bedrock. We simply cannot tell people about the existence of the queue effectively. Sure, we can tweet, we can put a forums / Discord announcement, but there are still hundreds of thousands of players who will not know of its existence.

- This has a knock-on effect on queue times. We're assuming that people will actually join this queue or enable this setting when the likelihood is that only a couple of thousand globally will. With a network with 40k~ players on at a time, a few thousand means that queue times will longer than we'd like it to be. Also, adding a new queue to the pools of queues means that the queue times for the platform-specific games will increase as well.

This is why we're suggesting only for it being available for the platforms above yours - you'll be put into the respective "higher" queues, which inflates the sizes of people joining the queues towards the top. It also benefits the fact that KBM players make up the minority of our playerbase, so their queue times would be shorter as well. 😄

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
When you log in

"You are using a mobile, you may choose to play 1) mobile players 2)mobile and controller players 3) everyone

"You are using a controller, you may choose to play with 1)other controller players 2) everyone

"You are a kbm player, you will play with everyone"

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
People know of its existence - unfortunately, at the moment, we haven't optimised things like game announcements for Bedrock. We simply cannot tell people about the existence of the queue effectively. Sure, we can tweet, we can put a forums / Discord announcement, but there are still hundreds of thousands of players who will not know of its existence.
Those announcements about how many people got banned today etc etc do get peoples attention in game. So try to use those announcements to get new information out.

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
Then how would pc’s join controllers? Lol
Not 100% sure what you mean?

They said that the segregation was based on input method not platform... so I'm kinda assuming that it's believed that...

Touch < Controller < Kb/Mouse

... in terms of level, eg in that order (I might be wrong).

So on that basis I'm kinda assuming that if I want to play Kb/Mouse players then I will have to "level up" to do so.

I agree though I'm not sure it makes sense to have controller players be able to choose to play with Kb/Mouse players but not the other direction also... I mean, fine stop PC players queuing against mobile but not sure it make too much sense to restrict PC Controller vs PC Kb/Mouse in all honesty.

Reactions: wxzzrd

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
restrict PC Controller vs PC Kb/Mouse in all honesty.
The giant frame loss on xbox, it’s nearly unplayable and so frustrating to fight in center, because it usually ends up controller dying to a mobile in center, I die to people who have a gear advantage over me in center, but not at my base(same gear as first fight, they have adv) because frames are lower in center than at the base

Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
You said add an option to go against a better version, so if I’m a controller and want to go against kb+m the kb+m has to go against controllers
But you said you can’t go down so how would the win10 join a controller that wants to play against win10?
it wont thats what they're saying, the controller player would have to choose

Nxrn

Novice Member
Jul 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for the feedback on the knockback test! Your feedback there has been wonderful, and we'll be releasing a new iteration of the knockback relatively soon, so keep your eyes out for that! 🎉

After going through the feedback, there was a point that was brought up a lot, which was "the knockback feels way too easy against mobile players", or on the flipside, "the knockback feels impossible against PC players". We want to pose the idea of having platform-specific games so that:

- Players on mobile will have fairer competition - i.e. not PvPing a player who is on PC and likely outmatched due to their input device.
- Players on PC will have more competition - i.e. not PvPing a player who is on mobile and having no hearts lost after the fight.

This would work by having three different platforms - PC, console and mobile. Depending on which platform you are on will put you into games matched with the same players on the same platforms.

This will likely only be implemented on gamemodes which we know that can sustain a split playerbase. This means games like EggWars, SkyWars and Lucky Islands will be the first games that will go through this change if we go ahead with it.

We are aware that there are a lot of questions regarding how it would work. To answer a few FAQs:

Q: Will I still be able to talk to my friends who are on mobile as a PC player? (And any other combination)
A:
Yes. This will only affect you once you click to join a game, so in lobbies, you can still talk to your friends.

Q: Will I still be able to play games with my friends who are on mobile as a PC player? (And any other combination)
A:
Yes - we're still looking into how we'd do this, however as a basis, if you're in a party of 10, and 9 players are on PC while 1 is on mobile, you'll be put into a PC game. But if you're in a party of 4, with 1 PC and 3 mobile, you'll be put into a mobile game. Establishing the threshold where you'll be put into a PC/console/mobile game is important, and we cannot rush, so we're looking into implementing it into the knockback test beforehand.

We'd love to hear your feedback on this, and vote on the poll on this thread! Thanks, everyone! 💙
I personally don’t like this idea. The whole point of bedrock is for everyone to be able to play together and have fun. If we’re just separating lobbies then there would be no reason to play bedrock as you can just go to java. I play bedrock with my mobile and console friends and this would just take that away

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Here's my third opinion after playing this mode for a bit more.

Pros:
A bit more challenge.
Waiting times aren't long at all.

Cons:
Too competitive.

Bedrock is made to be more of a causal game. Since being put in these new games its not too relaxing to play any more however I think this is just a temporary thing since its going to take everyone a while to adjust to these new changes.

I think all in all i'm on the fence. At this point from experience its not a bad thing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to change it. Nothing about my activeness is going to change from this.
I am worried however that the chill-ness and casual side of Bedrock will disappear.

But nice job on it, all looks good :)

Reactions: juliusvdl

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Here's my third opinion after playing this mode for a bit more.

Pros:
A bit more challenge.
Waiting times aren't long at all.

Cons:
Too competitive.

Bedrock is made to be more of a causal game. Since being put in these new games its not too relaxing to play any more however I think this is just a temporary thing since its going to take everyone a while to adjust to these new changes.

I think all in all i'm on the fence. At this point from experience its not a bad thing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to change it. Nothing about my activeness is going to change from this.
I am worried however that the chill-ness and casual side of Bedrock will disappear.

But nice job on it, all looks good :)
well its not competitive because a small percentage of people can win 99% of the time because of some people having a better input device. Currently if a mobile player wants to play "competitively" they leave to play on another server which doesnt mix them in with PC players. So sure, its harder for PC players, but thats because they now play against people who they dont have a massive advantage over.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
well its not competitive because a small percentage of people can win 99% of the time because of some people having a better input device. Currently if a mobile player wants to play "competitively" they leave to play on another server which doesnt mix them in with PC players. So sure, its harder for PC players, but thats because they now play against people who they dont have a massive advantage over.
Bedrock is really competitive is.
Play a game of eggwars and you don’t do anything you get rushed in like 5 minutes.

And I’ll like to say PCs lobbies are easier for me then consoles lobbies even tho I demolish in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom