Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Hello, fellow CubeCrafters! Through this thread, I am gonna help you to remove your shadow mute, in a simple way that works!

First of all, let me introduce you to the concept of a "shadow mute":
  • A shadow mute isn't like a regular mute, because this one is issued by Microsoft themselves. This mute stops you to see other people's messages and from letting them see yours. This mute is also game-wide, meaning that when you get shadow muted you'll be shadow muted in all the servers, not only on CubeCraft.
This kind of mutes stops Bedrock users from playing anymore, simply because they cannot interact with the community anymore and they feel isolated.

So, let's go back to the topic of the thread: How to remove the shadow mute? Follow the steps below!

If your Microsoft account is selected as if you are a minor, follow these steps before trying to go on your Xbox privacy settings:

1- Go to your parents Microsoft account and create a family group HERE.
(it also works if you create an account whose birthday shows the owner is 18+)

Family.png

2. After you've clicked on "Create a family group" you'll have to invite your account your Bedrock Minecraft belongs to, and accept the invitation you'll receive.

Famil2.png

The steps to get un-shadow muted:

1- Head on to xbox.com and log in. (If you're a minor, again, use the account you used to create the family group).

4- After you've logged in, your Gamer-tag should appear where the "log in" was at, drag your mouse to it and, of the options that will show up click on "xbox profile"

Gamertag:

Gamertag.png

Profile:

Profile.png

5- You're now on your profile, click on "Privacy settings"

Privacy config.png

6- Once you're on your privacy settings, click on the account you use to play Minecraft Bedrock.

profilee.PNG

7- Scroll down and select the options "People outside Xbox Live can communicate with you" and "Others can communicate through voice, text or invitations" to "Allow" and "Everyone" respectively.

Peeps.PNG

peeps2.PNG

8- Restart your Minecraft, and join play.cubecraft.net
Once you join you should be able to chat with people. You can always ask people if they see your chat!

If this didn't work for you, you could try THIS method.

I hope this has been helpful to you. It was for me and now I am not shadow muted anymore! Thanks for reading! <3

NINJAT0M789

May 16, 2020
This helped me fixing my shadowmute maybe this thread could get pinged?
I had already done this and it wouldn’t work. I had to sign out of Xbox on minecraft and sign back in. Try that if you do this and it still won’t work

hammadamin

Jul 9, 2020
Hello, fellow CubeCrafters! Through this thread, I am gonna help you to remove your shadow mute, in a simple way that works!

First of all, let me introduce you to the concept of a "shadow mute":
  • A shadow mute isn't like a regular mute, because this one is issued by Microsoft themselves. This mute stops you to see other people's messages and from letting them see yours. This mute is also game-wide, meaning that when you get shadow muted you'll be shadow muted in all the servers, not only on CubeCraft.
This kind of mutes stops Bedrock users from playing anymore, simply because they cannot interact with the community anymore and they feel isolated.

So, let's go back to the topic of the thread: How to remove the shadow mute? Follow the steps below!

If your Microsoft account is selected as if you are a minor, follow these steps before trying to go on your Xbox privacy settings:

1- Go to your parents Microsoft account and create a family group HERE.
(it also works if you create an account whose birthday shows the owner is 18+)

2. After you've clicked on "Create a family group" you'll have to invite your account your Bedrock Minecraft belongs to, and accept the invitation you'll receive.

The steps to get un-shadow muted:

1- Head on to xbox.com and log in. (If you're a minor, again, use the account you used to create the family group).

4- After you've logged in, your Gamer-tag should appear where the "log in" was at, drag your mouse to it and, of the options that will show up click on "xbox profile"

5- You're now on your profile, click on "Privacy settings"

6- Once you're on your privacy settings, click on the account you use to play Minecraft Bedrock.

7- Scroll down and select the options "People outside Xbox Live can communicate with you" and "Others can communicate through voice, text or invitations" to "Allow" and "Everyone" respectively.

8- Restart your Minecraft, and join play.cubecraft.net
Once you join you should be able to chat with people. You can always ask people if they see your chat!

If this didn't work for you, you could try THIS method.

I hope this has been helpful to you. It was for me and now I am not shadow muted anymore! Thanks for reading! <3
i am almost done just one thing i cant see my account which iused to play bedrock

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
u disgraceful person, prepare for death
Hi,
Please don't reply on threads older than 3 weeks. This is considered neroposting
3.4 - No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3
weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map
submissions or introduction threads
Also, again, a big thanks to the maker of this thread. It has helped a lot of players! 💜
If you want to edit the thread (for an update) ask a staff member for help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oreo♥️
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom