Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like these to be a feature on the forums?

• Yes for both

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes but only for Auto-Lock [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but only for Locking Yourself [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
The one problem I see is that people could make a suggestion and just lock it instantly. Basically making it impossible for anyone to say anything about it.

Lilyboo

Apr 7, 2016
Grand Line (Shin Sekai/New world)
I think it would be a good idea if threads older than 2 weeks Auto-Lock themselves.
But no being able to lock it as a thread creator because:
people could make a suggestion and just lock it instantly. Basically making it impossible for anyone to say anything about it.
Requesting a staff member to lock it isn't so bad, so no need.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I like your idea, it would be very handy If a thread automatically locks. Somethimes you dont look to the datum. Your own thread isnt necessary, But it would ne cool. ;)
+1

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The one problem I see is that people could make a suggestion and just lock it instantly. Basically making it impossible for anyone to say anything about it.
Staff members can still unlock your threads. And if someone does this frequently they should get punished ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Auto Lock :
A system that will automatically lock any thread that is older than 2 weeks old to prevent any form of necro-posting. Forum game and News threads will not auto-lock as the necro-posting rule doesn't apply to it.
I would like to see this, if it only locked threads which have been inactive for more than two weeks. Maybe we should only implement this to certain subforum sections such as Suggestions and Everything Else.
Creator Of Thread Can Lock :
Give the creator of the thread the ability to lock the thread (s)he made at any time. This will prevent the unnecessary replies about requesting a lock.

*Creator of thread clicks Lock button*
Lock Bot : Thread has been locked by [Insert creator of the thread's name]. (This message will not bump the thread)
Possibly also being able to insert the reason for the lock would be nice.
Thread has been locked by [Insert creator of the thread's name]. Because [Reason]

Again if staff see that they're abusing their privileges they simply loose the ability to lock threads. Simple as that.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I would agree with the ability to lock your own thread but not auto lock after a certain time period, some threads would require to stay up long where people will still be able to post. +1 for the owner can lock
Auto-lock will only lock after 2 weeks passed from the last reply. It will prevent necro-posters. I did mention that forums games and news threads will not be affected by this because the necro-post rule doesn't apply to it. If their is any other sub-forum(s) that doesn't have the necro-post rule applied to it, Auto-Lock will not work there.
Thread has been locked by [Insert creator of the thread's name]. Because [Reason]

Again if staff see that they're abusing their privileges they simply loose the ability to lock threads. Simple as that.
I wouldn't mind having a reason to lock threads.
Requesting a staff member to lock it isn't so bad, so no need.
The annoying thing is
Creator of thread : @staffmember please lock this thread.
[Possibly other members replying]
Staff member : -Locked as requested by thread creator.

Which results in the thread being bumped just for it to be locked.
The thread gets bumped by the person requesting the lock and then gets another bump from the staff member who locks the thread.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally think the rule not to post in a thread after 2 weeks is more harmful than helping. If a topic is relevant for a long time, I find it more convenient to have all the discussion in a single thread so you can read it back later instead of having many threads about the same thing. In my opinion the rule should be removed and instead on a thread that hasn't been posted on for 2 weeks, the reply box will have a red background and the placeholder text will be replaced by something like this:
XlW3vqr.png

I think most times a thread gets necroposted, the poster didn't notice how old the thread was, so the rule can't prevent that.

But if people don't want that, I totally agree with this suggestion, it can be annoying if you receive notifications for an older thread you posted on just from poeple asking for the thread to be locked or a staff member confirming that they locked the thread. If a thread for some reason excempt from this rule, it would probably be a good idea to have it marked as that anyway, since otherwise as soon as someone posts there, more people will reply explaining that necro posting isn't allowed.

Reactions: AboodPlayz
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Passer's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on pabliitoo's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Passer's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Three years apparently, very cool
Top Bottom