Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
no fudge is fine in less they actually say a real swear or try to change like the F word and do something like this "fU3k" or something like that or try to use an actual swear but change it enough that it is still a swear but passes the filter

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
There is a difference between masking swear words and replacing swear words. Saying fudge is replacing the word and doesn't have any relation to a swear word other than the fact that its in the place of where a swear word could be. Masking is when you change the characters in the word to get around the filter but still make the word look like a swear word.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
What about the word "crap", does it count as masking?

"Like crap, that hurt"
or
"I like crap it's my favourite dessert"
this is an example

also where do you live that you have that for desert
i know what city you live in and last time i checked that is not what they served

also people might take that word more personally then fudge

"You are a big piece of crap"
comparing to
"You are a big piece of fudge"

in the second one they won't likely take it as personally as the first
because even if they were using fudge to mask the "F Word" that wouldn't actually make sense in the context

rather it is saying:
"You are a big piece of desert"

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
In my opinion the word "fudge" is used as a replacement for the word "fuck". Masking isn't allowed on the network and Forum and you can get punished for it as well (or report another player). Masking is also replacing a letter with a symbol, like "F#ck etc.

Hope this answered your question and of course all the other replies above :)

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
i know what city you live in
I don't even live in a city ;)
In my opinion the word "fudge" is used as a replacement for the word "fuck". Masking isn't allowed on the network and Forum and you can get punished for it as well (or report another player). Masking is also replacing a letter with a symbol, like "F#ck etc.

Hope this answered your question and of course all the other replies above :)
What about the word "crap"?

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
I don't even live in a city ;)

What about the word "crap"?
"Crap" isn't that bad, as it's a word you use for something of bad quality. This changes when someone says "You're just crap".

As for the word "fuck", it isn't allowed at all. Not even in this sentence: "I've to do my fucking homework". It's not against someone, but using the word isn't allowed as there play young aged children on our server.

Reactions: Ping Ether

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
"Crap" isn't that bad, as it's a word you use for something of bad quality. This changes when someone says "You're just crap".

As for the word "fuck", it isn't allowed at all. Not even in this sentence: "I've to do my fucking homework". It's not against someone, but using the word isn't allowed as there play young aged children on our server.
Well, I can scratch seing a mod cuss off my bucket list. :p
I know you didnt mean it.

Thanks for your help, but I think it really depends on the person checking the report. Since you said what I wanted to hear, will you @DutchLemur will you do all of my reports? <3

Also, to me crap is just as good as the S word. My opinion.

Reactions: Unfearful

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I have ;)
Ok, so problem solved!
gbi8w.jpg

Sangre

Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2016
Well, instead of seeing it as "masking", you should see it as "bypassing the chat filter". Words like "frick" and "fudge" can be used in a form of harassment while a word like "crap" can't, so that's why it probably isn't allowed. When someone says "frick you" or something like that, you get what he is trying to say, it's just that he changed the letters a bit,

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well, instead of seeing it as "masking", you should see it as "bypassing the chat filter".
but why

it really doesn't matter what you call it
Words like "frick" and "fudge" can be used in a form of harassment while a word like "crap"
i don't see how you figure this
it can't be used as harassment 100%
When someone says "frick you" or something like that, you get what he is trying to say, it's just that he changed the letters a bit,
not necessarily

people actually use "frick" as a completely different word
still maybe having aggression but nonetheless

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Just met my number 1 fan irl
1714596148741259329038294634727.jpg
Fesa wrote on Austin's profile.
Me getting flowers to put in your soup
1714588672643.jpeg
Top Bottom