Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
Bull Crap. I think the application process is bogus anyways. I have a friend who made a fantastic, and I mean a Bloody Brilliant(no I'm not british, but that sounded cool), application and was turned down. I think the staff should have to go through all those reports because Mac has said in the past "EVERYONE has a fair chance." I will never get staff with my profile even if I write a stunning application, I think it is already weighted too much on the persons forums account and how much he/she is known in the community. I get they want loyalty but who is to say I am any less loyal to the server than say @Nikoshka (sorry bro for choosing you). This is in no way meant to promote myself but to balance out the Apllication process a bit, a fair chance means the application itself should also be taken into account and not so much the forums account.

I know people will start saying "Then they could have someone really good at writing edit it" well no...because there is an interview process through teamspeak which is conducted, that already counters the editing thing

Now go ahead. I am prepared for the hate.

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
Wat, 150 application are sent per day? :v Damn this server is crazy
"Total: 113 (members: 34, guests: 61, robots: 18)" (Taken at 11/8/2016)"
Unless Guests and Robots can send apps o3o That is not possible friend.
This is how many are online right now, next time trust Nobody. he knows what he is talking about is very well known on the server

Completely sorry for the double post but could someone inform me on my profile how to quote a post in an edit?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bull Crap. I think the application process is bogus anyways. I have a friend who made a fantastic, and I mean a Bloody Brilliant(no I'm not british, but that sounded cool), application and was turned down. I think the staff should have to go through all those reports because Mac has said in the past "EVERYONE has a fair chance." I will never get staff with my profile even if I write a stunning application, I think it is already weighted too much on the persons forums account and how much he/she is known in the community. I get they want loyalty but who is to say I am any less loyal to the server than say @Nikoshka (sorry bro for choosing you). This is in no way meant to promote myself but to balance out the Apllication process a bit, a fair chance means the application itself should also be taken into account and not so much the forums account.

I know people will start saying "Then they could have someone really good at writing edit it" well no...because there is an interview process through teamspeak which is conducted, that already counters the editing thing

Don't be pessimistic. But I don't agree with you.
Everyone does have a fair chance, because everyone has the same opportunity to become well known on the forums. If you mess that up, then clearly you don't have same chance as others.
Of course it's weighted on the forums; this is the only platform that any of the staff get to learn more about you on. If you can make a great application, like your friend, but have no credibility or past acknowledgements, of course the staff team would hire the person with more activity.
This is how many are online right now, next time trust Nobody. he knows what he is talking about is very well known on the server

Completely sorry for the double post but could someone inform me on my profile how to quote a post in an edit?
Couldn't have proven my point any better.
And for the quote thingy just quote the post, copy it, then go into your edit and paste the quote. It's not super simple, but it works.

N

Nikboo

It's not only loyalty that you need to show to become a helper... xP
These are the main traits you need to become helper: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...t-mean-you-will-get-staff-straight-away.9235/

Plus, forums is a way to show your dedication. The server is pretty big, so judging it off of in-game is difficult.

I'd say being chose for helper is more to do with your actions rather than the application. Your friend could have made an amazing application but does anyone actually know who this person is? Forums is a good way to meet others and enjoy your time. It is the 'centre' of the community. If your friend doesn't show that he is 'different' from any other applicants, then he will be denied. He needs to show to the staff team that what he said in his application is actually true. (For example, you say in your application that you are mature but you go around the server swearing at people who you assume are hacking).

Cheez

Dedicated Member
Dec 23, 2015
Beyond The Wall
twitter.com
I think no because, they could do this. *Figure out who is reading their application, fanboy them, gain their trust, and get in. Then, they act super mean to other people." I don't like the idea. I feel like the acceptance system should be completely random because of favoritism
yump.gif

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
We all know staff get a ton of applications every day, almost all of which are a waste of time. (I think) <25 players can actually get helper at this point. Assuming 150 applications are sent per day, that equates to 4500 per month. When you divide that, that equates to five-ninths of a percent of the applicants that have a decent shot. My idea is, it should be tied directly to one's forum account. Of course, it makes it so you need at least fifty messages and maybe one month on the forums. That way, way fewer applications are sent and they're much easier to go through. Let me know what you think!
YES! I agree! I know that there is a small chance your application is seen, forget being denied, acceptance is almost impossible. +1

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Really, I think that every single person deserves a shot regardless of their messages because of quality over quantity. It may also create a lot of spam to get that 50 messages.
Yeah that's a good point. I think that's why he said about the month thing. This is a good idea though I feel like they don't acctually receive that many applications a day at all.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I think no because, they could do this. *Figure out who is reading their application, fanboy them, gain their trust, and get in. Then, they act super mean to other people." I don't like the idea. I feel like the acceptance system should be completely random because of favoritism
What?
How does @Nobody. 's idea change the fact that you can do this anyway?
He never mentioned anything about knowing who's looking at your Application.
And how does this have anything to do with favoritism or the randomness of the Application system???

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
I have a friend who made a fantastic, and I mean a Bloody Brilliant(no I'm not british, but that sounded cool), application and was turned down.
How are you so sure that is was so perfect? I mean, you're not the one accepting applications :/

You wouldn't gain our trust by fanboying, to me it would just sound like you're dying to get attention. Also, if we'd find out that a (new) staffmember would turn out to be a jerk, he/she would definitely not stay in the staff team for long.

If you have any questions on problems you can have them report to me;D
Can you please stop spamming this in every possible thread. If someone has a question, there's staff. :/

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
How are you so sure that is was so perfect? I mean, you're not the one accepting applications :/

You wouldn't gain our trust by fanboying, to me it would just sound like you're dying to get attention. Also, if we'd find out that a (new) staffmember would turn out to be a jerk, he/she would definitely not stay in the staff team for long.

Can you please stop spamming this in every possible thread. If someone has a question, there's staff. :/
Ok...

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
As @Nikoshka said, everyone has a fair chance.. Everything in life takes time, most staff here (I am assuming) did not get there application accepted there first try.. No matter where you go, things will take time to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom