Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes (Still Comment)

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The amount of messages and likes someone has are far less important than all of you think.
But those serve as an indicator as to how active a forum user is.

My bet goes to if the user was punished on this or other servers in the past since those count against the application. Don't forget the good details too - got to be as good as a cover letter or resume.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
But those serve as an indicator as to how active a forum user is.

My bet goes to if the user was punished on this or other servers in the past since those count against the application. Don't forget the good details too - got to be as good as a cover letter or resume.
If that was true, JustRyann would have had good chances to be a staff member :x

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
He wouldn't considering he had 2 threats on record in addition to hacking on alts. He was lucky he bull******* his way out of the first one, but not the second.
He still had a lot of messages and likes, which you said are indicators for activity. But not really.
But yeah that was just an example. Lol. Did you legit think I thought Ryann was gonna be a good staff member?

Point being, messages and likes mean nothing. Especially likes, which are useless internet points.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
He still had a lot of messages and likes, which you said are indicators for activity. But not really.
But yeah that was just an example. Lol. Did you legit think I thought Ryann was gonna be a good staff member?

Point being, messages and likes mean nothing. Especially likes, which are useless internet points.
Good point. I don't want someone immature to rule over other players and have the possibility to abuse power because of raging in games. Those threats came from his rage when he lost games; imagine if he raged and ragebanned players because they beat him.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Good point. I don't want someone immature to rule over other players and have the possibility to abuse power because of raging in games. Those threats came from his rage when he lost games; imagine if he raged and ragebanned players because they beat him.
Yeah. Likes and message are nothing more than a number kids can brag about.
Applications should mostly be based on accuracy, trustability, honesty, responsibility, patience and experience of a person, not how much they spam threads. Sure, to prove all of those qualities they need to post some messages, but as usual, quality over quantity.
And why not both? :3

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah. Likes and message are nothing more than a number kids can brag about.
Applications should mostly be based on accuracy, trustability, honesty, responsibility, patience and experience of a person, not how much they spam threads. Sure, to prove all of those qualities they need to post some messages, but as usual, quality over quantity.
And why not both? :3
Most cases you can't have both high quality and high quantity given the time needed to get the product out. This case, the product is the staff member.

Considering most kids lie in appeals, honesty isn't going to be in the question unless the applicant never broke any rules on any server whether he/she was caught or not.

Off-topic: I'd love to apply for staff, but given the time I need to study nowadays, I don't think I'd have the time to put into moderating or helping the server.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Most cases you can't have both high quality and high quantity given the time needed to get the product out. This case, the product is the staff member.
Pls, just spam memes here and there and sometimes be serious, lel.
Considering most kids lie in appeals, honesty isn't going to be in the question unless the applicant never broke any rules on any server whether he/she was caught or not.
Mh... fair point...
Off-topic: I'd love to apply for staff, but given the time I need to study nowadays, I don't think I'd have the time to put into moderating or helping the server.
Off topic: I'd like to apply but I'm underage <:D

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Off topic: I'd like to apply but I'm underage <:D

I'm much older than the youngest admin on the server, I'll say that. It's ironic that the older, more mature people usually have more power over the younger ones (e.g. older brother or parents over the youngest brother) but it looks like it's the other way around for MC servers.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I think no because, they could do this. *Figure out who is reading their application, fanboy them, gain their trust, and get in. Then, they act super mean to other people." I don't like the idea. I feel like the acceptance system should be completely random because of favoritism
Obviously, there is favouritism. And I believe within the application process, all favouritism is out aside, especially with a job as big as helper.
Bull Crap. I think the application process is bogus anyways. I have a friend who made a fantastic, and I mean a Bloody Brilliant(no I'm not british, but that sounded cool), application and was turned down. I think the staff should have to go through all those reports because Mac has said in the past "EVERYONE has a fair chance." I will never get staff with my profile even if I write a stunning application, I think it is already weighted too much on the persons forums account and how much he/she is known in the community. I get they want loyalty but who is to say I am any less loyal to the server than say @Nikoshka (sorry bro for choosing you). This is in no way meant to promote myself but to balance out the Apllication process a bit, a fair chance means the application itself should also be taken into account and not so much the forums account.

I know people will start saying "Then they could have someone really good at writing edit it" well no...because there is an interview process through teamspeak which is conducted, that already counters the editing thing

Now go ahead. I am prepared for the hate.
The forums is a very... VERY large component as a staff member, especially as your friend applied for helper. Helper = helping people, how on earth are they meant to help if their forums account isn't active, or doesn't help on the forums at all?
I know that, but it's very hard to assess a person that has under fifty messages.
While this is true, people should be able to realise that if they want any form of staff rank, they need to have more than 50 messages, and be consistent with posting, for example, if I post 50 messages of utter rubbish, and then apply for helper and don't post any more, it will become brutally obvious for a staff member to notice. Even if they have written the best application, they will still be rejected because of their lack of quality on forums.

Reactions: Ping Ether and ciwa

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I'm much older than the youngest admin on the server, I'll say that. It's ironic that the older, more mature people usually have more power over the younger ones (e.g. older brother or parents over the youngest brother) but it looks like it's the other way around for MC servers.
Or maybe it's because this is a modern community, where old stereotypes and moral rules are changed to more appropriate and human statements.
Age never defines quality. Maybe experience, but not quality.
@Nikoshka is still getting harassed by people because he's helper and thirteen. My geez, he deserved the tag a lot. He worked hard for it.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
Why likes don't matter:
The amount of likes someone has simply doesn't have anything to do with their quality to become a helper.

Why messages don't matter much:
Although someone with zero messages likely won't be accepted, messages are way less important than you think. If you have 100 messages and are very active on our forums and ingame, your amount of messages won't influence your application much, or at all.

"But, messages are an indicator of someone's activity?"
No. If I were to have 2000 messages, all from 2015, the amount of messages I have wouldn't mean a thing.

What we do look at when it comes to messages:
- Quality of the messages.
Example: If you're someone who replies to every single bug report, you probably acquire around 200 messages a day. These messages don't help you though, as this will be perceived as mini-modding.

- Activity
= When were the messages posted? Does this user post regularly? Etc.

Conclusion
No, this should not and will not be added, as messages aren't that important. After all, the thing that matters most is the application itself.

If there any questions, feel free to create a conversation with me so we can discuss them. :)

~ Locked.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
[QUOTE="JerrySox, post: 706063, member: 212422"Everything in life takes time, most staff here (I am assuming) did not get there application accepted there first try.. No matter where you go, things will take time to get done.[/QUOTE]
That's true tho, I applied for staff in September 2015 and got a message back in November 2015 c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Hello! How much xp still needed for level 315?
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Top Bottom