Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Edit: This suggestion will only apply to bans handled through https://reports.cubecraft.net/ and not in game bans.

Ever since I've joined the forums something that has really bothered me about the appeal system is that the very same staff member who banned you also deals with your appeal. In most cases this is fine but there are still false bans that happen. Sometimes the appeals are often not accepted even when the person was not really committing the offense. So my suggestion is to treat appeals similar to reports where all staff members, except the original one who banned the player, can see the appeals and deal with them. This would:

1. Remove the need for second appeals on the forums as the player has received two staff opinions already.

2. Greatly reduce the possibility of falsely denied appeals as two staff members have both agreed the player committed the offense.

3. Cause possible problems caused by lack of knowledge by one staff member to be rapidly fixed as the staff member dealing with the appeal can notify the original staff member on why they falsely punished the player.

4. Allow moderators who speak certain languages to target appeals written in those languages.

This has just been something that's really bothered me since I've joined the forums and it has never really made sense to me.

Leave your opinions below ♡ I would be particularly interested in hearing the moderation team's opinion on this ♡

Last edited by a moderator:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Ever since I've joined the forums something that has really bothered me about the appeal system is that the very same staff member who banned you also deals with your appeal. In most cases this is fine but there are still false bans that happen. Sometimes the appeals are often not accepted even when the person was not really committing the offense. So my suggestion is to treat appeals similar to reports where all staff members, except the original one who banned the player, can see the appeals and deal with them. This would:

1. Remove the need for second appeals on the forums as the player has received two staff opinions already.

2. Greatly reduce the possibility of falsely denied appeals as two staff members have both agreed the player committed the offense.

3. Cause possible problems caused by lack of knowledge by one staff member to be rapidly fixed as the staff member dealing with the appeal can notify the original staff member on why they falsely punished the player.

This has just been something that's really bothered me since I've joined the forums and it has never really made sense to me.

Leave your opinions below ♡ I would be particularly interested in hearing the moderation team's opinion on this ♡
069.jpg

D

Deleted member 169486

I have always woundered why it must be the same person to unban them as ban them. I totally agree with this and believe this would help with wrongly denied appeals. The only issue with this is that you would need to have two people look at it so it may take longer. @Mac thoughts

Reactions: Power Ranger

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I have always woundered why it must be the same person to unban them as ban them. I totally agree with this and believe this would help with wrongly denied appeals. The only issue with this is that you would need to have two people look at it so it may take longer. @Mac thoughts
The thing is, Mods (and higher) have the permission to ban in-game, even without recording evidence. The only moderator that can handle the appeal based on the actual situation is the moderator who banned, as they were present when the ban occurred.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The thing is, Mods (and higher) have the permission to ban in-game, even without recording evidence. The only moderator that can actually handle the appeal based on the actual situation is the moderator who banned, as they were present when the ban occurred.
That it true. Maybe have this idea only work along with reports.cubecraft.net and have all other bans be handled by the moderator who originally gave out the punishment

U

Unipotato

Mods can ban without having recorded evidence. Because of this, other mods couldn't deal with the appeal because they didn't see the player's hacks in the first place.

Reactions: Ping Ether
D

Deleted member 169486

The thing is, Mods (and higher) have the permission to ban in-game, even without recording evidence. The only moderator that can handle the appeal based on the actual situation is the moderator who banned, as they were present when the ban occurred.
Whoops, read the post wrong. I thought two people were going to have to look at the appeal when it was one ban one look at the appeal.

Yes, staff can ban without video, which can be an issue in appeals.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Not entirely true, they have it but arent required to POST it

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
i feel like this would be helpful but this makes a slightly bigger loop hole for hackers
if somebody hacked my account and i got banned for compromised account then the hacker didn't want me un-banned so they appealed your username for the wrong offence on purpose and then threatened a staff member so your appeal would be denied and that other staff member who didn't know that you were banned for compromised account will not un-ban you
this can already be done but most of the time a staff member will be able to tell it is a fake if they banned you for compromised account and you appealed for hacking i see where you are going with this but i think that compromised account shouldn't fit for this rule

Reactions: Power Ranger

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
i feel like this would be helpful but this makes a slightly bigger loop hole for hackers
if somebody hacked my account and i got banned for compromised account then the hacker didn't want me un-banned so they appealed your username for the wrong offence on purpose and then threatened a staff member so your appeal would be denied and that other staff member who didn't know that you were banned for compromised account will not un-ban you
this can already be done but most of the time a staff member will be able to tell it is a fake if they banned you for compromised account and you appealed for hacking i see where you are going with this but i think that compromised account shouldn't fit for this rule
note that compromised accounts are not banned via the report website :3

FalseHonesty

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2016
My House
saltsquadstrong.weebly.com
I kind of disagree with this, because of a couple reasons. First, it takes a whole lot longer for staff, as appeals are essentially just as long as reports now, because a whole new staff member has to become familiar with the evidence. Second, how many players actually complain on the forums about false bans, especially when compared to the amount of bans there are. And how many are actually unbanned? and even if another staff member looks at the evidence and the appeal, who is to say they won't make the same mistake as the original banner? I feel like there is a whole lot of wasted staff time (when they could be doing reports ;)) for very little reward.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I kind of disagree with this, because of a couple reasons. First, it takes a whole lot longer for staff, as appeals are essentially just as long as reports now, because a whole new staff member has to become familiar with the evidence. Second, how many players actually complain on the forums about false bans, especially when compared to the amount of bans there are. And how many are actually unbanned? and even if another staff member looks at the evidence and the appeal, who is to say they won't make the same mistake as the original banner? I feel like there is a whole lot of wasted staff time (when they could be doing reports ;)) for very little reward.
But this also allows staff members to create appeal answering bots that look for phrases like "I am sorry for hacking" and instantly denies it :3 Also shouldn't a staff member become familiar again with the evidence and even look closer at it when considering an appeal? Appeals should probably take longer than reports in cases where it isn't obvious hacks like flight/bhop (these would take exactly as long as reports to answer anyway, possibly quicker depending on what the person wrote in their appeal) or if the player says, "I'm sorry for hacking". If the moderator is just going to trust that they made the right choice in the first place why even have the ability to appeal?

I just realized another benefit of this system as it would allow staff members who speak certain languages to target appeals in the language they speak. I'll add that to the list :3

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

CARDAN18

Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2015
Cakeland
www.twitch.tv
I don't think the current system needs any updates or changes. Such as cases of staff members banning/muting players in games, it needs to be done by the staff member who has punished them as they are the ones with the evidence/ the ones who have seen it be done. If another staff member was to do the appeal they may not see the whole story or the proof at all.

The staff team don't always do appeals alone though. We do get input from each other a lot of the time. For example if an appeal is written in dutch, the dutch staff members will translate the appeal for us. If a staff member is ever uncertain of a course of action they will seek guidance and input from their fellow staff team. We all work hard together so we can have the safest server as possible.

Now as you have mentioned about false bans. It hardly happens on Cubecraft, but there have been cases sometimes where players have been wrongly banned. The staff team are not robots yet, we are human we do make mistakes. If a player has ever been wrongly banned they can always message the administrative team such as @Tacosbefriends and @Mac . The admins will look into it correctly, and will proceed to appropriate actions if they have found some sort of abuse or mistake.

All in all I don't see for need to change this system really, I like it as it already is.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom