Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
PLEASE READ FOLLOWING BEFORE CONTINUING TO
READ!

This post contains talks about LGBT! If you are here just to hate on LGBT or don't feel comfortable talking about this please move along and don't read the following! Other comments on not liking this idea are fine just
please don't bully and don't be mean. Thank you for taking the time to read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heyo KitKat here with bit of a different suggestion.
So this suggestion is about chat not allowing the word gay. I can see why you'd mute the word but I'd like to give my reasoning on why it should be allowed.

1.What does word mean?

The word Gay it self is not a swear, it means two things
a. To be happy
Example: "I'm having a gay ol time" said the old man

b. of, relating to, or exhibiting desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own gender
Example: "I don't date girls because I'm gay" said the boy

Now I don't belive ethier of those defenisions are really all that bad what makes them bad is the way people use them and truly the barrier isn't stoping anyone from saying gay because people will just say gey. The people it is stop are people who are not using it to insult someone, those people who just are using it in a sentence like they do in there every day life are not gonna pull the risk of saying a muted word even if they're just saying a normal scentence. not to mention CubeCraft also allows the word straight? To me this doesn't make much scene because the word straight (In the sexuality manner) is the same word as gay just dating people of a different gender, And I know that straight can also mean something not wavyt or a straight line but if that's truly the reason why gay also deservers to be allowed because gay (as said above) also means to be happy.

2.What Will we do when people use the word as a insult?

I'm not gonna sugar coat this easily people WILL use gay as a insult more often if the word is unmuted, so the question is what do we do about it? Well referring to what I previously said people already just say gey so we do what we do to those people, report them. It's not that hard to report people espically if you're using screenshots, all you have to do is click this link https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-new-report-system.175577/ , Put it under bulling, put in the screenshots, and say what they did that's how easy it is! No joke!

3.What will this actually do?

So finally what will this do for cubecraft?
What I have thought up is this will allow people to be more exspresive on CubeCraft and will help people be more exspresive online and in real life and isn't that what CubeCraft wants? to make people happy?

Other questions
--------------------------------------------------------
Q.Why would people need to say gay?
A.Maybe people are saying they had a
Gay day or they could be telling friends
about their life and that'd be something
they're proud of and want to share.

Q.What about People with religious belifes
against it?
A. This is 100% me being serious and it's
very hard but if they're in a lobby and
some ones talking about it they just have
to leave, Leave the lobby or go into a game
and not start a fight.

Thanks for reading and let me know why you think it should or shouldn't be aloud and remember please no hate spread the love and have a KitKat Bye!

EDIT:This is not to hate on CubeCraft or their belifes or their reasoning for muting the word and I am totally ok if it's rejected or locked (Not like it's my choice XD)

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
1) That is old English. No one ever uses it when they are happy or having a good time. I don't get why anyone would be talking about their private life like that on a minecraft server. There is just no reason. People use the word "gay" more as an insult. If it was unblocked, the use of this insult would go up, and that is about it. I highly doubt anyone would actually use it for a conversation. And if they are, it should be kept private, like private messaging on discord or something.
For the word "straight," it is not used as an insult, and is used semi-frequently in basic chat. There is no reason to block "straight" as the word is not being abused in any way.

2) the amount of insults would go up and so would the amount of reports staff would have to handle, which also means more players getting muted on the server. Like before, there is no need for this.
3) Expresssive about what? Their love life? There is no need to be talking about that in a minecraft server.

Great post! I enjoy these types of threads, fun debates! :D

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I guess this thread can be locked now since it got answered.
This thread is a suggestion thread and should stay open for discussions to happen. Just because one person posted with their opinion does not mean it should be locked.

As for the topic of the thread, I agree with @TheBrownster904. They said things better than I ever could.

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
is no need for this.
3) Expresssive about what? Their love life? There is no need to be talking about that in a minecraft server.

I totally agree with your statements, but about reason 3?
You can't think that NOBODY have to do that? The most won't but there are a couple who do.

No need to talk about the fact that your gay? No need to talk about your love life, and keep it as a secret. Sorry but this is the stupidest reason I've ever seen. You can't talk about everyone.

When anybody is asking you: "Hey do you like boys?". You just have to lie about it? Or just ignore it? Still you don't have to use the word gay for it, by the way.

That's just what I wanted to say! :)

(I agree with the other reasons :) )

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I think it should be allowed. Gay is just not a swearing word! People who are gay hate to see this as a swearing word. People who swear with this should get an instant mute without warnings in my opinion. Everyone is free to be gay. And yes, people mostly don't talk about being gay. But the same goes for people who aren't gay. If gay gets blocked, you should also block lesbian, transgender etc. There are also people who don't allow other people to be gay. For this people: wake up, it's 2017! How would you have felt if you were gay? Everyone on minecraft should 'have a gay ol time' whether you're gay or not.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Gay is really old english and too be honest, no one uses it for that word for "Happiness" Now-er days any more. If you see someone insulting you somehow with that word, you just ignore it :)

Reactions: KitKatkels17

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I totally agree with your statements, but about reason 3?
You can't think that NOBODY have to do that? The most won't but there are a couple who do.

No need to talk about the fact that your gay? No need to talk about your love life, and keep it as a secret. Sorry but this is the stupidest reason I've ever seen. You can't talk about everyone.

When anybody is asking you: "Hey do you like boys?". You just have to lie about it? Or just ignore it? Still you don't have to use the word gay for it, by the way.

That's just what I wanted to say! :)

(I agree with the other reasons :) )
It's just that there is no reason for that on a minecraft server. The only reason someone would be asking if you like boys or girls is if they are trying to get a minecraft boyfriend/girlfriend (which I think is just stupid :P). If you are decently good friends, you probably are talking on Skype or discord already. Or you can use the /msg command, I think that filters are off there. The only people going to actually use this in normal conversation are probably younger kids who want attention so they walk around saying that their gay. You don't see people walking around saying that their straight, or that they are lesbian or whatever else they think they are. It just isn't something for a minecraft mini game server.
I think it should be allowed. Gay is just not a swearing word! People who are gay hate to see this as a swearing word. People who swear with this should get an instant mute without warnings in my opinion. Everyone is free to be gay. And yes, people mostly don't talk about being gay. But the same goes for people who aren't gay. If gay gets blocked, you should also block lesbian, transgender etc. There are also people who don't allow other people to be gay. For this people: wake up, it's 2017! How would you have felt if you were gay? Everyone on minecraft should 'have a gay ol time' whether you're gay or not.
It's just that lesbian and transgender aren't used as insults, whereas gay is quite often used. If the other words started to be used as an insult, I'm sure they would also get filtered out. And once the times move forward and gay is not used as an insult, it will be removed from the filter. I'm not really seeing any reason to want to talk about your personal preferences on a minecraft server.

(I really should be studying for my exam but I am enjoying this too much :D)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
PLEASE READ FOLLOWING BEFORE CONTINUING TO
READ!

This post contains talks about LGBT! If you are here just to hate on LGBT or don't feel comfortable talking about this please move along and don't read the following! Other comments on not liking this idea are fine just
please don't bully and don't be mean. Thank you for taking the time to read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heyo KitKat here with bit of a different suggestion.
So this suggestion is about chat not allowing the word gay. I can see why you'd mute the word but I'd like to give my reasoning on why it should be allowed.

1.What does word mean?

The word Gay it self is not a swear, it means two things
a. To be happy
Example: "I'm having a gay ol time" said the old man

b. of, relating to, or exhibiting desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own gender
Example: "I don't date girls because I'm gay" said the boy

Now I don't belive ethier of those defenisions are really all that bad what makes them bad is the way people use them and truly the barrier isn't stoping anyone from saying gay because people will just say gey. The people it is stop are people who are not using it to insult someone, those people who just are using it in a sentence like they do in there every day life are not gonna pull the risk of saying a muted word even if they're just saying a normal scentence. not to mention CubeCraft also allows the word straight? To me this doesn't make much scene because the word straight (In the sexuality manner) is the same word as gay just dating people of a different gender, And I know that straight can also mean something not wavyt or a straight line but if that's truly the reason why gay also deservers to be allowed because gay (as said above) also means to be happy.

2.What Will we do when people use the word as a insult?

I'm not gonna sugar coat this easily people WILL use gay as a insult more often if the word is unmuted, so the question is what do we do about it? Well referring to what I previously said people already just say gey so we do what we do to those people, report them. It's not that hard to report people espically if you're using screenshots, all you have to do is click this link https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-new-report-system.175577/ , Put it under bulling, put in the screenshots, and say what they did that's how easy it is! No joke!

What I have thought up is this will allow people to be more exspresive on CubeCraft and will help people be more exspresive online and in real life and isn't that what CubeCraft wants? to make people happy?

Other questions
--------------------------------------------------------

against it?
and not start a fight.

Thanks for reading and let me know why you think it should or shouldn't be aloud and remember please no hate spread the love and have a KitKat Bye!

EDIT:This is not to hate on CubeCraft or their belifes or their reasoning for muting the word and I am totally ok if it's rejected or locked (Not like it's my choice XD)
Believe it or not its also a candy to, native to Australia if the texts are correct,

however i dont believe the word is muted as ive seen players say it in chat, or if its blocked and not supposed to be or isnt and it is supposed to be, then it must be one of the bugged words, the reason straight is allowed is because "straight" as a sexuality is hardly ever used, its most used form is direction

The problem i see in allowing this word, and ive seen this on other servers and on twitter, is someone publicizes they are gay (whether they are or not), and then the chat is spammed with unending hate from just about everyone

Another thing is its very easy for attention seekers to abuse this, which in most cases is no better, its a very high topic in most places

Reactions: KitKatkels17

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Tbh the word 'gay' has no place on cubecraft. No matter how much you try to sugar coat it with "muh LGBT" political correctness, it doesn't belong on cubecraft. Like the word dick can be an alternative name for richard, but we know how it's really used basically all the time. It shouldn't be an inherently bad word but we all know that we don't live in a perfect world.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Tbh the word 'gay' has no place on cubecraft. No matter how much you try to sugar coat it with "muh LGBT" political correctness, it doesn't belong on cubecraft. Like the word dick can be an alternative name for richard, but we know how it's really used basically all the time. It shouldn't be an inherently bad word but we all know that we don't live in a perfect world.
Why can't we live in a perfect world? What if we could change and accept stuff like LGBT people and not using filters on common words? Why can't we change?

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
It's a nice thought, but what would you need to say? "I'm gay", Honestly that's just going to just start argument, there is really not valid reasoning for it. The only thing it would be used for is stating your sexuality or 12 year olds calling each other gay. It's just a bad idea, it filtered for the same reason Trump is, What would you need to say that for other then stating your political views? It's just kind of asking for reports....

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
firstly there are way to many homophobic people out there or just people who don't know any better
so anyone is free to say this at will as an insult too a person but a bigger problem is when you actually have a homosexual there are extremely rude things a long with the word gay however other things like gey if they are intended to be spelled that way could just be typos people didn't realise they made however a typo that says gay is going to be taken a lot more personally and people aren't as likely to think of it as an accident
another thing is the lack of people who would say gay and mean to be happy let alone have people figure it out for example:
KitKatKels "I am so gay"
A Random Player: Yeah You are really gay you fat loser (Not saying you are a fat loser, nor am I saying any gays are fat losers myself)
now imagine this same scenerio but this time you said happy
KitKatKels "I am so happy"
A Random Player Is probably going to respond more openly to that then saying gay even though you are implying the same meaning

Secondly a reporting system for this is the same way but this might start a bit of mayhem with it and all because there will be more people saying it now then saying something like "gey" before
if somebody really wanted to express this they could just use synonyms like happy for 1 meaning or homosexual for another
as I just stated leaving it out wouldn't mean you can't tell people this just use synonyms
against it?
and not start a fight.
oh but people these days

My Main Reason I Don't Ever Want To See This Added Is Because I Seriously Lately Have Been Starting To Have A Real Problem With Homophobic people

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
See I really do not like homophobic people myself, as they will make fun of the LGBT community.
But like the others said, the word "gay" isn't used as the old term "happy" anymore.
I have never really in my time playing on Cubecraft seen anyone saying the word "gay" in that term.
The only time I see it is when they harass the players.

So in my opinion the word "gay" really shouldn't be unblocked.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Why can't we live in a perfect world? What if we could change and accept stuff like LGBT people and not using filters on common words? Why can't we change?
You're not getting the point, cubecraft blocking the word 'gay' has nothing to do with the LGBT community, it's blocked because the word is used as a general insult. Like saying "Im gonna go smoke a fag" has different meanings to different people. Like we all know that when you call someone a bitch on the interwebz it has nothing to do with a female dog, so blocking the word "bitch" doesn't mean you hate dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Top Bottom