Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft only support the newest version?

• Yes, Because Console and IOS CAN’T downgrade

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes, Because downgrading can get you banned from Mojang

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes, For other reasons (explain why)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No, (explain why)

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
I’m not saying it’s going to be all the time, it’s unsafe it’s an APK file having the same client UUID as multiple people.
And again Console and IOS players do not have an option to downgrade.
People downgrade for more than just the FPS
It’s unfair to other players, because your movement is client side not server so downgrading the servers mean nothing
Bedrock is “Better Together” so if you gotta downgrade for an advantage over mobiles and xbox players you shouldn’t be allowed to play cube.

View attachment 182547
That’s what turtle told me, as well as another person “It’s to revert the update to the PvP”
Your windows10 for christ sake your the smallest community on bedrock with mobile alone having more players than win10 what damn advantages do you need to beat a mobile player? There a mobile your already m&k that should be the only advantage you get, you shouldn’t need to revert to an older version of mc to kill mobile players.

You aren’t going to be able to play cube once MC updates to 1.17, this isn’t java. What’s the point of downgrading?
lets just ban optifine because it gives us too much fps

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
The new update slows the camera down and its a BUG so downgrading doesn't give a advantage it just avoids a bug, going by that logic ban zoom because its a unfair advantage

D

Deleted member 486292

I already answered your last question. Also neither you nor turtle knows what he is talking about. Saying that we shouldnt be able to downgrade because mobile players are already easy enough to kill isnt really addressing the concern at hand.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I havent read this conversation because I dont have to but what I say is:
Update to 1.16.1 purely because 1.16.2 is laggy, and I want to swim in the swimming pools in the lobby (aquatic update hasn't been reached).

Reactions: InkAsriel

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I already answered your last question. Also neither you nor turtle knows what he is talking about. Saying that we shouldnt be able to downgrade because mobile players are already easy enough to kill isnt really addressing the concern at hand.
The concern is that your gaining ungair advantages over other players.
Go to xbox plug in your mouse and keyboard, want to downgrade? Guess what you can’t.
Custom shaders? Who cares xbox can’t get that.
Want to downgrade to an older version so you can have more than 15FPS? Oh I mean legacy Edition, but you can’t join cubecraft on that
Want to downgrade to get better client side pvp? Welp can’t do that your on xbox.

the fact is your abusing something to get an unfair advantage in pvp, as told by turtle and the other person who’s name I crossed out

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Wanted to add more thigns to why this shouldn’t be allowed at all

I got this from the Official Minecraft Discord

60BB3671-74EB-42EA-82D8-EE1EC114B05A.jpeg

5659AD8B-672E-4157-9776-03829A06ABF7.jpeg

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, thank you for your suggestion, but this is not something we are planning to do. I'd like to touch on some of the points you mentioned in the thread explaining why:

Also, allowing support for older versions keeps more cheaters. Know Fate is an allowed client on cube but I will use it as an example, it is only for 1.16.100 not 1.16.200 so it is unable to run. Making other hacked clients easier to use (on an APK, or just not updating your client at all, again making it easier to cheat)
Dropping support for versions will not simply cause cheaters to go away. Although it may reduce them upon an initial launch of an update, keep in mind that not everyone will be updated to the new version on day 1, especially if a newer version may have changes a player does not like. There may also be clients that are updated right as the update rolls out, and I don't think this is any sort of proper solution that will reduce cheaters.

Mostly Win10 users are downgrading that I’ve seen just because how easy it is to on Win10, downgrading for either more frames or the revert PvP Mechanics.
The majority of players can’t even do this expecting nobody has a hacked console and the mobile copies are split 50/50 IOS and Android...
Not sure which reverted PvP mechanics you're talking about here? PvP is controlled serverside, and this includes knockback. Downgrading your client version does not necessarily give you an advantage over others when it comes to PvP. Although I know there has been some visual client bugs when it came to entity movement, I've generally heard and experienced that in the latest update those issues have been resolved. As for FPS, that is largely dependent on the device being used. It's not technically an unfair advantage in this regard, similar to how using FPS-boosting mods such as Optifine or Sodium on Java Edition is not considered an unfair advantage.

XBOX AND IOS CAN NOT DOWNGRADE WITHOUT MODIFYING THE DEVICE. On Android it is so easy to download an APK as well as Win10. Meaning an Xbox player can’t downgrade before the bee update to get there 60FPS back they are stuck on 1.16.200 with 15 FPS.
We do not support this update anymore, we only support 1.16 - 1.16.200. Although I can see your point here, as I mentioned, FPS is largely dependent on the device itself. If we were to remove support for a version due to the fact that it has improved FPS, we'd have to remove everyone who gets above a certain FPS regardless of version and device... which is impossible and not something we'll be doing.

For Example NUKKIT is a server that runs in Java, Nukkit allows bedrock players and Java players be on the same server.... Me who has Bedroxk and Java can confirm that I was able to connect on both accounts at once on a NUKKIT written server. GUESS WHAT I COULDN’T DO ON JAVA? That’s right I was unable to jump bridge, but on bedrock on the JAVA 1.16 server I was able to Jump Bridge giving me an unfair advantage
THIS IS A BEDROCK SPECIFIC SERVER THOUGH not a Nukkit not everyone on Bedrock can downgrade so that’s why I believe it should not be allowed on BEDROCK
This is more or less an unfair advantage, yes, but you are comparing two different game mechanics here from two different games. Improved FPS is not a completely different game mechanic. In the event that there was a massive mechanic change between two Bedrock versions, the situation would obviously be different, but that is not the case here.

ANOTHER THING IS ITS NOT SAFE TO DOWNGRADE, you are downloading an APK FILE to be put into an older version of MC because this is BEDROCK and not JAVA where it’s easily accessible from the Launcher. THIS MAY CONTAIN MALWARE. This is why CubeCraft shows allowed clients not only to confirm that it is safe on the server, but to the user as well.
Another reason to why this ISN’T SAFE/GOOD IDEA is you can lose your worlds theres no auto backup, once you delete the new version everything in the .minecraft folder is LOST
While we typically suggest everyone use the latest version (if possible), keep in mind that some people may have chosen to intentionally not update, or do not have auto updating enabled. Just because someone is on an old version does not necessarily imply they downgraded by any means.

I appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion and I can see why you may be frustrated, but overall removing support for older versions won't necessarily solve what you mentioned. If anything, it would hurt us more than it would help us. As for how to deal with FPS issues in the meantime, I would recommend you have a look at the Mojang Bug Tracker and see if there has been any issues opened on their end.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
but 1.16.200 can be used for hacks because the game itself hasn't changed only added RTX featured. Also the KB thing is lunar client because it reduces kb for users on lunar.
no current clients support 1.16.200 other than a very weak alpha of helix. this includes ALL clients including cheat clients. Downgrading to 1.16.40 allows you to use these cheat clients.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Dropping support for versions will not simply cause cheaters to go away. Although it may reduce them upon an initial launch of an update, keep in mind that not everyone will be updated to the new version on day 1, especially if a newer version may have changes a player does not like. There may also be clients that are updated right as the update rolls out, and I don't think this is any sort of proper solution that will reduce cheaters.
none of the bedrock clients or client developers that ive worked with have been able to do it very quickly, in fact most clients completely skipped the 1.16.100 update and haven't come out with a 1.16.200 or 1.16.201 fix, but these clients can all be used on 1.16.40 and below

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Yes I know this, it does reduce the amount of cheaters temporarily...
But for the part on “Features that a player may not like” I get that, but this is Bedrock, not everyone has the ability to do this, and I asked in the Minecraft Discord if using an APK version of a game to downgrade (If I bought the game) they said I could get banned for this.

I think it’s honestly stupid a Win10 player gets the decision to downgrade or anything, while Xbox, PS4, Switch, and IOS do not get that decision at all, ok sure maybe they don’t update the game when the update roles out whatever, they can update after seeing they are unable to join the server, but then if a Win10 or Android user downgrades using an external file they found online like an APK there microsoft account could get banned for that....

For Java it’s whatever I can load up java whenever I like and BAM I’m on the version I want, easily accessible. Because the Minecraft Launcher gives me the decision between what version I’d like to play on, Bedrock is whatever version I have downloaded
This is Bedrock, the suggestion is made for bedrock not Java not everyone on Bedrock can chose what version they want to play on, I’m stuck either on an Xbox or IOS while my pc broke, I bought win10 for FPS not so I can use KB&M
The “Bedrock” Edition is “Better Together” so why should Win10 and Android users the only ones that get to chose what version they play on? And then even then there Microsoft account can getting banned if they use a stolen copy of the game (Even if they bought it)

Edit:
Like look, this is bedrock, I load into the version I have installed, I don’t get any “installations” screen like on java
E417D0CF-785F-406D-B5D4-51EAA44536C5.jpeg

this is just not there. And the downgrading itself can get people straight banned off of Minecraft because they are still using a Pirated version of the game, regardless if they bought the full version

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
FPS is largely dependent on the device itself. If we were to remove support for a version due to the fact that it has improved FPS, we'd have to remove everyone who gets above a certain FPS regardless of version and device... which is impossible and not something we'll be doing.
I understand the FPS thing but there is a bigger difference between 10FPS and 30FPS compared to 30FPS and 150FPS these windows10 players are losing minuscule amounts of frames compared to xbox, losing like 20FPS of there 100FPS thats 20% ok, compared to xbox those 15Frames that we lost compared to there 20 is more than 50% making it unplayable

I’m trying to aim, inevitably I CAN’T, I can’t see at all it’s basically muscle memory and me predicting movement, I can count my frames that’s some bad FPS that’s why I havr another post talking about how CubeCraft is an Official minecraft partner and they should be able to speak out to Mojang about the issues there players are experiencing. It’s bad, it really is bad.
I don’t care if Win10 is getting 200FPS and I’m on a console with a locked 30FPS but once that 30FPS drops, drops, drops to 15, 10 5 it then gets unfair because I can’t see
It’s not because my xbox can’t run games, it’s just Mojang didn’t make the game right for xbox because of a, get this, AN UPDATE that xbox players can’t revert back to unlike windows10 or android. That’s the unfair part....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom