Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
At the moment you can't get a bucket of water or lava. It's always handy to carry a bucket of water, there are dragon wands that shoot fire, there's a fire sword, but it's also handy if you want to jump from a high tower or something like that, you can save yourself by placing one. Also lava buckets don't excist and I think these 2 items are very common, skywars does have these 2 items, so why not adding them do Lucky Islands?

We do have 3 different gamemodes in Lucky Islands, and this schedule thing gives an overview about my personal opinion of each gamemode and whether it should contain a water or lava bucket or not.

Blessed
Water - yes
Lava - no

Normal
Water - yes
Lava - yes

Crazy
Water - no
Lava - yes

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
That would be too OP, I sometimes craft lava buckets on maps where it's possible and no-one knows how to react to it and die. It's very effective so if people would get this in a Lucky Block, it might be quite unbalanced, I do like the water bucket idea though!

Dutudy

Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2016
Sweden ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
reports.cubecraft.net
You have less armour in Lucky islands than in Skywars so it would be much easier to kill anyone with lava like that, but I like the water idea,
But would you just get a lava water bucket from a lucky block just like the diamond sword?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Considering getting armor is not guaranteed and even with lava the lack of regeneration guaranteed to you lava buckets would be so abused. They would also be problematic for maps that can burn easily. Water buckets are not really something I would use or think would be necessary but I wouldn't mind them being added.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
They would also be problematic for maps that can burn easily.
While I do agree lava buckets would be extremely overpowered, this is a horrible argument. Why does this matter? There are lava buckets in Skywars maps like Pacman, Sundae. They're mainly made out of wool and it's not rare to see them being burned to the ground.

About the suggestion, yes to the water, no to the lava. When I first read this I liked the idea of being able to get lava, but I didn't think about it being extremely overpowered.
However, if this gets added they should remove the water block. I'd be a bit overkill to have both a water block as well as a water bucket.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
While I do agree lava buckets would be extremely overpowered, this is a horrible argument. Why does this matter? There are lava buckets in Skywars maps like Pacman, Sundae. They're mainly made out of wool and it's not rare to see them being burned to the ground.

About the suggestion, yes to the water, no to the lava. When I first read this I liked the idea of being able to get lava, but I didn't think about it being extremely overpowered.
However, if this gets added they should remove the water block. I'd be a bit overkill to have both a water block as well as a water bucket.

Seriously. Do you have to argue with everything I say? Just stop please I'm sick of this honestly. If you don't like my response don't go telling me I'm wrong and your right.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Seriously. Do you have to argue with everything I say? Just stop please I'm sick of this honestly. If you don't like my response don't go telling me I'm wrong and your right.
That's.. the entire point of a forum? Giving opinions on other people's ideas.. Anyway you're going off topic ;D

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That's.. the entire point of a forum? Giving opinions on other people's ideas.. Anyway you're going off topic ;D

To argue with me constantly on things that are pointless. No. And this is off-topic as YOU started it. This is about this thread nothing else.

At the moment you can't get a bucket of water or lava. It's always handy to carry a bucket of water, there are dragon wands that shoot fire, there's a fire sword, but it's also handy if you want to jump from a high tower or something like that, you can save yourself by placing one. Also lava buckets don't excist and I think these 2 items are very common, skywars does have these 2 items, so why not adding them do Lucky Islands?

We do have 3 different gamemodes in Lucky Islands, and this schedule thing gives an overview about my personal opinion of each gamemode and whether it should contain a water or lava bucket or not.

Blessed
Water - yes
Lava - no

Normal
Water - yes
Lava - yes

Crazy
Water - no
Lava - yes

Would your idea by change be restricted to certain maps? Because as stated earlier I know a few maps that would not do so well with Lava in particular.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Having no armour in Lucky Islands will result in a death very fast. It's not like Skywars nor Eggwars, so with a lava bucket it'd be even faster and I don't think people are going to like that after a period of time. So to agree with the rest, yes this would be kinda OP and overkill.

Though, water could be very handy since it's making landing from high heights easy (it can prevent your death).

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
To argue with me constantly on things that are pointless. No. And this is off-topic as YOU started it. This is about this thread nothing else.
To give my opinion on others comments. Yes.
Anyway, my original message was still on topic as it was about the lava buckets.

Would your idea by change be restricted to certain maps? Because as stated earlier I know a few maps that would not do so well with Lava in particular.
Still a horrible idea. No, it shouldn't be changed for a specific map because it can burn down.. Remove lava in maps like Pacman as well then.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
That would be too OP, I sometimes craft lava buckets on maps where it's possible and no-one knows how to react to it and die. It's very effective so if people would get this in a Lucky Block, it might be quite unbalanced, I do like the water bucket idea though!
That’s why I suggest to add it to normal, but especially to crazy. There are many ways to die in crazy mode, you will die earlier from a void trap then lava I guess.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That’s why I suggest to add it to normal, but especially to crazy. There are many ways to die in crazy mode, you will die earlier from a void trap then lava I guess.

The problem is even in blessed if someone lights you on fire you rarely can survive. I have gotten so many kills from the fire sword because of a lack of regen plus hitting them. Imagine trapping them in a bucket and combining them. It would be a trainwreck.

ProfAnalyst

May 1, 2020
There is no kind of resistance against lava on Lucky Islands, having a lava bucket would be too unbalanced, especially on solo when you don't have a team that can back you up. There also needs to be a fire resistance potion then if there is a lava bucket.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom