Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The premise of the thread is that it's not mandatory. It can not be mandatory anywhere on the server.

If it is not mandatory, who uses the acconts that get banned? I can think of
1. Hack developers that are working on a bypass for bac.
2. Players that get tricked into downloading hacks that say they bypass bac but actually don't.
3. Players that use mouse macros and don't know it's against the rules or hope they don't get caught.
4. Players that get banned accidentially and are not cheating.

Again, if I am hacking, why would I voluntarily install a client side anti cheat.

The ONLY use I see is preventing/appealing false bans.
I am interested in this point. I believe that it was said that BAC does not pick up built in macros/double click functions on a mouse. Sentinel does. So this would mean we would at least need Sentinel tracking autoclicker for those using BAC (hypothetical if it was added) which defeats a big purpose of even adding BAC and working to integrate it. Plus, when client devs do create a bypass (which I guarantee they will do, because nothing is 100% secure), we will have to enable all the detections, which again, defeats the entire purpose of it and we would have wasted all that time integrating it into the system.

Considering the average cubecraft player isn't that bright some will try to hack on it regardless.
There are no false bans on BLC because it's client-based instead of server-based.
It does detect mouse macros.
Real-life examples have proven this revolutionary new way of preventing cheating is doing a tremendous job. I just can't grasp how you can be against this except for you as an individual not wanting it because you have a mac/linux.
(which I guarantee they will do, because nothing is 100% secure),
It's like a quantum message, due to the nature of how it works, it cannot be bypassed, no matter how good your hacks are at hiding themselves.

Reactions: 0ffense

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
How does it work? If it is impossible to bypass, there's no harm in telling us exactly how it works.
It's client-sided. If it finds you're using a cheat program, it can see it. Trying to modify the client won't work either because it won't work in any altered way. So instead of your regular-old anticheat, which is server sided and tests players by looking at how they move through the server, BAC can see directly what you do and every move you do, even if the server doesn't.

The only way to bypass this would be to build a physical robot which you somehow trained to not only operate a computer, but actually play minecraft really good and then put that physical robot behind the screen instead of you.

Reactions: 0ffense

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
It's like a quantum message, due to the nature of how it works, it cannot be bypassed, no matter how good your hacks are at hiding themselves.
Thank you.

@TheDqrkSqvqge.exe
I was banned falsely and my appeal wasn't accepted. You can say I hacked and all but there have always been people who were false banned with denied appeals.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
It's client-sided. If it finds you're using a cheat program, it can see it. Trying to modify the client won't work either because it won't work in any altered way. So instead of your regular-old anticheat, which is server sided and tests players by looking at how they move through the server, BAC can see directly what you do and every move you do, even if the server doesn't.

The only way to bypass this would be to build a physical robot which you somehow trained to not only operate a computer, but actually play minecraft really good and then put that physical robot behind the screen instead of you.
How does it work though? I guess a start would be to calculate the checksum of all class files in the minecraft launcher. It could attempt to use windows api calls like EnumProcesses to see what else is running. But how does it know what each process is doing? Can't that be faked using os functions? I don't know enough about windows, I guess on linux pretty much anything other processes does could be hidden. How does it detect if the lvm state is modified? I guess it also calculates a hash over all network packets and sends that to the server so the packets can't be altered later?

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
@MagnificentSpam @TheBrownster and everyone who says that this can be bypassed:

We can't tell you how it works exactly because we did not code it. The source code isn't going to be revealed. I don't know what you want us to tell you, just look at every BAC server currently they are all doing fantastic, but we can't just look into the BLC code and tell you how it works. You have to research it yourself and learn that it is so close to impossible to bypass that there is no reason not to implement it.
they first need to make the client for mac. k thx bye
They have said the reason it won't be for MAC is because MAC is too exploitable and they don't know how to make it foolproof on that operating system or something.
Cube has so many devs, they can make there own client. The cubecraft client :O SoonTM
No offense to any cube staff but I don't think they have enough experience or knowledge to make it.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Ok I'm gonna end this: They don't have it for Mac or Linux. This has been stated before and should have crushed this thread. Only about 60% of CubeCraft members could use it even if others wanted to.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Only about 60% of CubeCraft members could use it even if others wanted to.
Again, stop the made up percentages. You're literally just making it up. That's not reasoning, that lying.
So stop lying.

Also since it's not even mandatory no this is not a reason why it shouldn't be added.
And again, everyone is ignoring the real life examples of this being implemented and doing a tremendous job.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't know what you want us to tell you, just look at every BAC server currently they are all doing fantastic, but we can't just look into the BLC code and tell you how it works. You have to research it yourself and learn that it is so close to impossible to bypass that there is no reason not to implement it.
I just don't like assuming that it is impossible or close to impossible to hack it when we have no idea what it does. I'm not saying it doesn't work, technically. But assuming it's unfailable is pretty much the same as assuming almost all sentinel bans are correct.

I wouldn't really mind having the server side installed so players can use it to proof their innocence, but I don't want to be forced to use it myself, not even for specific games. Because it is not on linux, because it might (accidentially?) send home more information than it should, and because it's probably going to update real slow (they aren't focussing on the current version, they don't even support 1.12.2 yet, how long will it take to update to 1.13?).

since it's not even mandatory no this is not a reason why it shouldn't be added.
He means that if the games could be more competitive if we made some of them mandatory to have the badlion client on.
Why is it a rule that BLC is not mandatory anywhere on the server? It doesn't need to be mandatory to log in with, but it should be mandatory to play a few highly competitive games.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Just partner with them and make it so that users who use the client get a little extra xp/points every few wins they get, it would be an incentive for them to use the client and would reduce cheaters
And work with badlion to make it so that you're notified of any opponents in your game that are using the client too so you know they're not using cheats

Unipotatoo

Jun 21, 2017
United States
aerosurvival.com
@MagnificentSpam @TheBrownster and everyone who says that this can be bypassed:

We can't tell you how it works exactly because we did not code it. The source code isn't going to be revealed. I don't know what you want us to tell you, just look at every BAC server currently they are all doing fantastic, but we can't just look into the BLC code and tell you how it works. You have to research it yourself and learn that it is so close to impossible to bypass that there is no reason not to implement it.

They have said the reason it won't be for MAC is because MAC is too exploitable and they don't know how to make it foolproof on that operating system or something.

No offense to any cube staff but I don't think they have enough experience or knowledge to make it.
na cube staff succ

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom