• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Short suggestion, get a partnership with BAC to end help end cheating. It can be used as a party friend or duel filter.
upload_2018-5-30_17-24-17.png

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I highly doubt we will ever require all players to download a 3rd party client just to join the server. That would severely limit the amount of people who would play and limit the amount of people who would join for the first time. I personally would not go through all the hassle of downloading all this client side stuff just to join a server that I have not played on before. Much easier just to move on to another one. We are more of a casual server, that is, not competitive.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I highly doubt we will ever require all players to download a 3rd party client just to join the server. That would severely limit the amount of people who would play and limit the amount of people who would join for the first time. I personally would not go through all the hassle of downloading all this client side stuff just to join a server that I have not played on before. Much easier just to move on to another one. We are more of a casual server, that is, not competitive.
First of all the way you download badlion client is by simply clicking one link on their website without any misleading ads. It opens a launcher then you click like 3 buttons and poof it's there, you can access it and play 1.7.10, 1.8.9 or 1.12.2 (no in betweens) all this with tons of mods.

Also I mentioned nothing about requiring it however it would be cool if there was a competetive eggwars or duels that required this but simply having a friend filter making sure you only play with legit people would be very neat. Specifics could be worked out later I guess? It was a pretty short thread you may of misinterpreted as not speaking good English. That's fine, (hint: I speak perfect English) and I made it sound mandatory.

Also in case anyone wasn't aware badlion is shutting down in order to do these partnerships with more servers. They seek to make a cheater free Minecraft and are doing this out of Goodwill (of course they also make money by selling badlion client capes but whatever).
They want to do this type of thing so why not let them help us strive for less cheaters.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Definitely would never install that. It's designed to do stuff I don't want and I don't know what it does. The minecraft client is well understood and people decompile every version so you know it doesn't do anything too weird. Also it doesn't work on Linux or Apple so I couldn't even install it if I wanted to.

I don't really see the point of adding it as optional. If it's just for private matches, can't you verify the client yourself? Maybe the client should have a built in feature that shows wether other players in your game use it.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Definitely would never install that. It's designed to do stuff I don't want and I don't know what it does. The minecraft client is well understood and people decompile every version so you know it doesn't do anything too weird. Also it doesn't work on Linux or Apple so I couldn't even install it if I wanted to.

I don't really see the point of adding it as optional. If it's just for private matches, can't you verify the client yourself? Maybe the client should have a built in feature that shows wether other players in your game use it.
The client can not have built in features to show wether it is working or not because it needs server side authentication to prove the player is not cheating. The client does inspect everything about the computer but because it's a client not a person your information isn't going to be leaked or some crap.

The devs are working on Mac support as we speak (haven't heard of any Linux sorry if you use that one :/). The reason default Minecraft isn't an alternative is because there isn't anything checking if it is default or not. Doing this can limit cheaters immensely and open the doorway to a new competetive gamemode (who knows).

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
The client can not have built in features to show wether it is working or not because it needs server side authentication to prove the player is not cheating
Can't the client connect the a badlion server in the background and let that perform the check?
because it's a client not a person your information isn't going to be leaked or some crap
I don't understand that reasoning. How do I know what information is sent out?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Can't the client connect the a badlion server in the background and let that perform the check?
I don't think so. It's just easier this way
I don't understand that reasoning. How do I know what information is sent out?
You still connect to CubeCraft somewhat often I'd assume? If they wanted to I'm pretty sure they could ddos you any time they wanted to. Do they? No. They are a professional business there is no reason why.

Also I'm pretty sure it only monitors running programs (kind of like advanced settings or task manager).

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
To me, it’s a lose-lose situation with this.
If we make it so that every player has to download it to join the server, it will limit the players that can access the server, and some developers will probably attempt to crack or bypass through the client to add some sort of illegal client, nullifying the use of it.
If we make it so it’s an optional client to download, then nothing will really change, as people will not go through the efforts of installing a client if it’s optional.

I completely agree with this first point - the familiarity of the Minecraft launcher provides a sense of security for the players who use it, but if we force people to install an unfamiliar client then players will be sceptical about it.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
To @Younisco

1. This is not mandatory.
2. It prevents players from being false banned by Sentinel
3. It prevents players from hacking
4. No hacked client dev has managed to bypass this anticheat as far as I know. Some did manage to get an anti-sentinel mode however.
5. Please read comments in it's entirety to prevent unnecessary arguments.
6. This opens a lot of possibilities for competitive modes.
kthnxbai
----------

Anyway this suggestion has got my full support.
Also can you link the download for the client?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
To @Younisco

1. This is not mandatory.
2. It prevents players from being false banned by Sentinel
3. It prevents players from hacking
4. No hacked client dev has managed to bypass this anticheat as far as I know. Some did manage to get an anti-sentinel mode however.
5. Please read comments in it's entirety to prevent unnecessary arguments.
6. This opens a lot of possibilities for competitive modes.
kthnxbai
----------

Anyway this suggestion has got my full support.
Also can you link the download for the client?
Just Google badlion client download. There is no adf.ly or anything, you can do it! I believe in you!
To me, it’s a lose-lose situation with this.
If we make it so that every player has to download it to join the server, it will limit the players that can access the server, and some developers will probably attempt to crack or bypass through the client to add some sort of illegal client, nullifying the use of it.
If we make it so it’s an optional client to download, then nothing will really change, as people will not go through the efforts of installing a client if it’s optional.
We could create certain competetive games and require people to be on BAC to be able to play it.

Also even if it is not required to do anything and some icon is added next to player's names per say. It might at some point become the normal and be rare to run into people not using it.

Not to mention badlion might add a CubeCraft cloak or whatnot and give a bit of attention which is pretty cool. Idk

I completely agree with this first point - the familiarity of the Minecraft launcher provides a sense of security for the players who use it, but if we force people to install an unfamiliar client then players will be sceptical about it.
A few players could be sceptical about it but it will never be required eventually it might get very popular and make people be less scpetil about it. At the end of the day it won't take that long to implement and can't do anything negatively. It could also stop lots of hackusations and false bans. Also there should be no worries downloading it because there aren't any adf.ly links or misleading ads on the page.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
I don't think so. It's just easier this way
It would be pretty hard to punish someone for cheating if the detection isnt integrated with cubecrafts ban system

I'd be surprised if blc could detect a mouse with integrated autoclicker via firmware (aka the mouse having a build in autoclicker)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom