Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Hello Everyone!

This post is not a republication or repost of this, It is a new post in regards of the Admin teams decision with evidence against the points made, as well as benefits of hit sounds, for both sides of the community and in general. This post goes in more detail, and gives new and well explained examples of why they should be added back.

Main Points

- Why Attack Strong/NoDamage should be played | (A, C)
- How it's Helpful with Reports | (B, F)
- How to Give both Sides of the Community what they want | (C)
- Current Plague of players CURRENTLY Autoclicking, Macroing and/or Double Clicking | (B, D)
- How to Accurately tell a the difference with a Double Click, AutoClicker or a Legit player | (B, E, F)

A - Why Strong/NoDamage Sounds SHOULD be Played

The sound effects actually give a lot of character to PvP and improves the experience for a lot of people, and not just a preference but in total.
For Examples
• Punch Sounds can tell you where an enemy player is before they hit you(Inflict Damage) due to the sound being played even when not hitting a player.
• Hit sounds give players a creative and artistic take on PvP with custom sound customization, bringing variety and less bland experiences.
Example
• With the Addition of Hit sounds, both the people who want to hear them and the ones who don't, have a choice for them to be played(More in 3rd point)
• With the readdition to hit sounds it makes it more easily to report rulebreakers

B - How it's Helpful with Reports

The Distinguishable difference between Legit clicking, Double Clicking and Autoclikers are 100% clear. You can easily tell the difference between a single click, a double click and the consistencies of an autoclicker.
This Video is a perfect example of the above:
For Examples
Reports like these ->
In this Video you can see the player attempting to eat food with an AutoClicker enabled, now personally I do not believe this is proof enough of an autoclicker(I know they are autoclicking BTW) But for a ban I do not agree with it, especially with the double standsards from the staff team. Imagine if this player of something like myself or another known player. Would the staff team would have banned them then? No I do not believe so. With Hit sounds this would have made the report 100% accepted for both sides and not a 50/50 split depending on the users status.
Blatant Cheating ->
After watching the Main video in this point, and the above example, this video is a lot more obvious cheater than above. The CPS is obviously involving a majority of double clicks which, under rule 1.3, is cheating. Why was it denied? Because it was dependint more on the users status and how he was known by staff, he did not receive a ban.
This player was later reported and is now punished(for in my opinion) less evidence.

C - How to Give Both Sides what They Want

With addition to adding Strong/NoDamage sounds back Cubecraft can advertise a Free Resource pack in their lobby. Or alternatively a toggle option in profile settings.
This gives the option to BOTH players on cubecraft, just like as they could before, removing the hit sounds does NOT give a better "experience" to pvp, but actually removes the experience, by making it dry and more bland. The only thing that gets "improved" by removing them is making a bubble for double clicks, macroers and autoclickers.
But by adding a FREE Resource pack in the lobby, or even advertised around the server. The pack would be roughly 210Kb* which is VERY small resource pack. By adding this pack, all console players have access to a free No Hit Sound^3 pack, not only improving THEIR(not everyones) experience just on cubecraft, but other servers or even Worlds/Realms, at the same time improving experiences for players like me on the network in general.

Pack Example
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xts2znqem7aii1z/No_swing_Sounds_Pack%282%29.mcpack/file *210Kb is the file size it shows in my compressed .zip folder, and not the mediafire download.
I was able to get the 210kb down to 34kb

D - Current Plague of Cheaters (Rule 1.3)

The Initial removal of hit sounds was at the peak of cubecrafts cheater problem involved with rule 1.3, not long after the removal of Drag Clicking as a Allowed method of clicking, and the more defined and clearer rule against double clicking by hardware and software. The update was poorly planned and the Staff were poorly trained on how to ban and find these types of cheaters. Giving the Cubecraft Admin team a reason to still run the server without hitsounds, as explained in "B - How It's Helpful with Reports" you can tell it's easily identifiable to tell the difference between a legit, double clicker and an autoclicking player(s).
The amount of players that get away even live streaming, hosting scrims or having staff like CKelting unbanning friends after getting fairly banned by sentinel or even player reports.

Maduev, Power HaMaD XD, MSElite, Tiesonic. Waspbrain. And so much more that I know of, but just could care less of making a 20+ player list.

E - How to Identify a Legit player vs a Cheater

Double Clicking
Easily identifiable by random louder(echoey) hit sounds with major inconsistencies between each swing sound. Easily noticeable especially if a player claims of a very high or absurd CPS
Autoclicking
Even spread between each hit sound making it sound more irregular between other players and yourself. If toggled or by held you can see players randomly swinging at walls, while placing blocks or even when trying to eat. Autoclicking is harder to identify when using a lower CPS up to the twenties compared to double clicking which is identifiable in all cps ranges depending on the base CPS
If a player clicks 7 times a second on a mouse but gets 30 in game it is easier to spot than a player clicking 13 on mouse and 15 in game.
Real Clicking
A unnoticeable inconsistency compared to double clicking, but noticeable from an autoclicker. Seems natural and doesn't seem out of reach. Some clicking methods that are feasible without doubles Excludes Butterfly DB and Drag (they abuse doubles) may get confused with autoclicking. Easy to appeal

]

F - How to Spot Clicking Methods via Handcam

Double Clicking
Using a hand cam video you can easily find a double clicker. Especially with butterfly above 15+cps (which is basically impossible without doubles). By slowing the video down where you can count each strike on the mouse and hear the audio of each strike. Listen for a double sound when a single finger strikes the mouse. Not hard or complicated and should be done when looking at appeals. Rather tan just only banning autoclcikers via handcam.
Double Clicking abusers are also a big problem.

Autoclicking
Do I have to explain this one? A visible unachievable CPS with or without slowing the video.

Macros
Pressing once and having multiple keypresses happen at once or in a pattern on the CPS tracking program. Less noticeable than a autoclicker, but still easily spotted when slowing a video down.

Legit Player
When slowing video each strike correlates to an actual keypress on screen. If a CPS is higher than 15 it should be looked at as "questionable" and looking into it as an autoclicker or double clicking. Especially with a method like Butterfly. Jittirclicking, which is possible to achieve CPS's around 20, should also be looked at. How much does the mouse shake? Can I hear the mouse clicking? or is it a macro?

Last Notes

Why "NoHit" sounds should play

Hit sounds grant a unique, creative and overall general better experience for all players. Hit sounds being played give ALL players a choice if they want them to be played, or not to be played. Removing swing sounds removes an experience from PvP making it very dry and bland to a lot of players. It removes strategy and spatial awareness from the game due to directional audio from the attacking player, rather than just the player damage source that they hit.
NoHit sounds also give obvious signs of autoclickers, macroers and double clickers on the network(Which is a HUGE problem BTW, especially in the "pvp" community) Hit sounds are a great source of evidence when making a report and removing them just gives more incentives to start closet cheating.
In complete response, nohit/strong sounds give an overall experience for ALL players, as you can make a choice on adding/removing them back, easily make cheater reports under Rule 1.3.

Last edited:

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
I 100% agree. There is a huge amount of "double clickers" who actually macro/auto that aren't banned because not enough evidence is supplied, even though they are seen like quad stacking effortlessly in clips. This would be a huge improvement, especially if it was an option that you could turn on or off

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
FFA was always known as the place of cheaters but after the removal of the clicking sounds, it quite literally became one: with 1/3 of the community using clicking methods that aren't allowed, simply because they know that the chances of them being punished are close to zero (because it's pretty much impossible to report someone for it nowadays). Removing it was the worst decision CubeCraft has done in a while, yeh it was annoying for some people but in my opinion, I much rather hear the clicks sounds than fight players who click 30+. You might say that sentinel punishes people who auto, well that's only true if they play on a PC, because if you play on a console you can click as much as you want! and you won't be punished!

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I much rather hear the clicks sounds than fight players who click 30+.
Agreed.
You might say that sentinel punishes people who auto, well that's only true if they play on a PC, because if you play on a console you can click as much as you want! and you won't be punished!
Sentinel doesn’t have a cps limit, using an autoclicker on cubecraft (macros specifically) you can achieve reallly high cps without even receiving a kick.
Kinda dumb
They should add a setting where you can toggle this off and on instead of it being on for everyone or people off for everyone.
That’s the thing. It was always toggelable before. Now they just removed it for everyone

Reactions: TheMrSpacee

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Forwarded
Also to add in top of it. I think the response on the old post the Admin said more players prefer the sounds being removed and improves the ‘experience’.

But this would be 2 similar votes with like a 90%+ agrees

Nothing against you or anything I just think it should be kept in mind that that point the admin said wasn’t true.
I just forgot to add that in the post and just thought of it rn

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Also to add in top of it. I think the response on the old post the Admin said more players prefer the sounds being removed and improves the ‘experience’.
Tbh the way he worded it made it sound a lot more like they removed hit sounds because "mods dont want to do macro reports" than people actually not liking the sound. It feels this is a made-up reason to remove it since the only poll about the removal of hit sounds at the time was that thread and its results were, as you said, 90% of players wanting the sounds back. He also said on behalf of mods: "it's sometimes difficult to tell between autoclickers, closet cheaters and people who are just butterfly clicking", but hasn't it been a rule for forever that butterfly and jitter clicking are "use at your own risk"??? If it sounds like an autoclicker but you don't know if its butterfly clicking or an auto clicker, then it is bannable for that reason. Before drag clicking was officially not allowed, it was that way, unless it could be proven to be a drag click and not a macro the player would be banned. I don't know why this isn't what they did for all clicking methods, but it should've been.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Tbh the way he worded it made it sound a lot more like they removed hit sounds because "mods dont want to do macro reports" than people actually not liking the sound. It feels this is a made-up reason to remove it since the only poll about the removal of hit sounds at the time was that thread and its results were, as you said, 90% of players wanting the sounds back. He also said on behalf of mods: "it's sometimes difficult to tell between autoclickers, closet cheaters and people who are just butterfly clicking", but hasn't it been a rule for forever that butterfly and jitter clicking are "use at your own risk"??? If it sounds like an autoclicker but you don't know if its butterfly clicking or an auto clicker, then it is bannable for that reason. Before drag clicking was officially not allowed, it was that way, unless it could be proven to be a drag click and not a macro the player would be banned. I don't know why this isn't what they did for all clicking methods, but it should've been.
With old hit sounds most players got banned if they had high cps.
But the only ones cube staff were uneasy at were people with names on the network. Especially more recently it takes a lot more to get a known player banned than it did 2 years ago.

Now they don’t get banned because they are afriad of people getting mad at them, being wrong and getting told off or even not wanting to ban them because they are friends or they know each other.

When in reality that random non that has no name for them who was avtually clicking a 17legit jitter get’s banned and has no idea how to appeal unlike the guy who had a name(and cheats 20 butterfly) on the network

Ed: also on the last post more staff agreed to add hitsounds back than they disagreed so I donMt even understand that point. I think they just lied cause they are stingy

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Forwarded
hey, when will this get a reply from the admin team? I still have other posts that are nearly 2 months old and have no response.

And when I asked for a response on the thread I got warned for necro-posting.
But Necro-Posting rules say only if u try to revive the post(and I never tried and stated that in the message) just want to know

I feel like I am being treated unfairly by the cubecraft staff team because I disagree with their opinions on the server.

Thank you

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
With old hit sounds most players got banned if they had high cps.
But the only ones cube staff were uneasy at were people with names on the network. Especially more recently it takes a lot more to get a known player banned than it did 2 years ago.

Now they don’t get banned because they are afriad of people getting mad at them, being wrong and getting told off or even not wanting to ban them because they are friends or they know each other.

When in reality that random non that has no name for them who was avtually clicking a 17legit jitter get’s banned and has no idea how to appeal unlike the guy who had a name(and cheats 20 butterfly) on the network
With how the awful community has reacted to people getting banned, false and fairly, I really can't blame the mods for not wanting to take the reports, but that's kinda what they are for. A couple people who never make mistakes in their life shouldn't be preventing a moderator from doing their job. However, it is a volunteer position and I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to be a moderator and take reports, assuming that this is the reason hit sounds were removed.

I do see moderators becoming friends with players and preventing their bans as an issue, as then all players are not treated equally, and no one should be above the rules.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
With how the awful community has reacted to people getting banned, false and fairly, I really can't blame the mods for not wanting to take the reports, but that's kinda what they are for. A couple people who never make mistakes in their life shouldn't be preventing a moderator from doing their job. However, it is a volunteer position and I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to be a moderator and take reports, assuming that this is the reason hit sounds were removed.

I do see moderators becoming friends with players and preventing their bans as an issue, as then all players are not treated equally, and no one should be above the rules.
if I was a moderator. I would be the most hated. But for the reason of actually banning people. If you fairly ban someone you shouldn’t be looked down upon as a “bad moderator” because you ARE a moderator, not customer service. Your position is to moderate the game fairly, truthfully and rightfully when conducting and enforcing the rules.

Not to pick and choose the rules as you go, which is a problem even outside of the network with cheaters.
Half the staff team enforces some rules and others don’t.

Some staff abuse the rules in their favor, others still punish players for old evidence even when it’s posted in the evidence with the date proving it invalid.

But they won’t ban someone for their name when they are cheating. They won’t fairly punish, but more like they will only punish when they “feel” it is “right” even if it’s not against the rules. So in other words double standards.

The problem is that they aren’t known player to the majority of the cubecraft players, but to a few hundred. Just because I am 5th on leaderboards doesn’t mean I am recognized every game. Nor when did I stream daily. I was only noticed by people I really talked to or saw on streams. Only in one in a few hundred or even near thousand did I get recognized for being leaderboards.

So that “known” player that is unfairly cheating against other people isn’t just chesting against other known players, but cheating against randoms that no longer can report those players due to hit sounds being removed

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
hey, when will this get a reply from the admin team? I still have other posts that are nearly 2 months old and have no response.

And when I asked for a response on the thread I got warned for necro-posting.
But Necro-Posting rules say only if u try to revive the post(and I never tried and stated that in the message) just want to know

I feel like I am being treated unfairly by the cubecraft staff team because I disagree with their opinions on the server.

Thank you
You'll receive an response soon from the admin team though I cannot comment on when

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
This thread has been on "Forwarded" for a couple months now, has any decision been made yet on adding hit sounds back considering the public reasoning behind the initial removal got proven false? It seems as though this is being avoided while other, newer threads are getting looked at.

Remember, this thread is tagged "Bedrock" for a reason, and the only statistics about this topic are 2 threads with 90% against the removal of hit sounds.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! CubeCraft has a lot of suggestions yet to discuss. The oldest suggestion with the forwarded thread is this thread from Anneum, dating back all the way to april 2021. They didn't forget about this suggestion, they just got a lot to do, so this will take a bit more time than you were hoping to see it discussed in probably. Thanks for your patience! ♥️

Reactions: Marieke2001
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom