Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
There is way too many cheaters in among slimes. Way too many instances of one person telling the other in a party who the impostor is after they die. While they may not reveal that information publicly ("I.E. My friend in my party told me it is Pink"), it is pretty obvious when such cheating can occur. For instance, if they leave at the same time after they both died, or if they accuse the impostor of "venting" when they never did, or if they "saw it on cameras" when there is no cameras near there, it is pretty obvious that they are cheating. The problem with this is that you can't prove them wrong in the reports section. While it may be pretty obvious to you that they are cheaters, you can't prove that to the staff team. And therefore, these cheaters will continue to not get punished.

I believe that there needs to be more mechanics in place that discourages cheating. For instance, disable party chat while inside the game. Or even, disable parties in among slimes altogether. Whatever it is, cheating needs to stop. Its not fun to play the game with cheaters in it that ruin it.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
There will always be things to communicate with each other, so we can't do more than make it punishable. If you disable party chat, you can still friend messaging with each others. If you disable that (what would be really dumb), you can still communicatie with other programs where ccg doesn't have control over, like Discord. I think there is not really a way to counteract this problem.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
There will always be things to communicate with each other, so we can't do more than make it punishable. If you disable party chat, you can still friend messaging with each others. If you disable that (what would be really dumb), you can still communicatie with other programs where ccg doesn't have control over, like Discord. I think there is not really a way to counteract this problem.
My suggestion is preventing the biggest methods of communications between players. For instance, more people use party chat to cheat than using friend messages, and more people use friend messages than discord (since you literally have to go to a different program). So if you disable party chat, it will wipe away a good chunk of cheaters. And if you disable friend messages (which I agree is really dumb) you will wipe away most of the remaining cheaters. And all thats left would be the most determined cheaters/teamers. And if they decide to cheat by being the "third impostor" (teaming with imps as crewmate), it will make it way harder because they have to go to discord every single time they want to communicate.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
A different solution to this would be requiring less proof to report someone successfully. This would require the chat logs (particularly the party chat logs). Every time there is a report without sufficient evidence, without instantly denying it due to lack of evidence, the staff would look at the party logs and determine whether or not they are indeed cheating.

Like I said, cheating is a huge problem in this otherwise wonderful gamemode, and unfortunately it will be the cause of death for among slimes if left unsolved. Think about it, they can simply cheat and not admit to cheating and no punishments will be delivered since you can't prove them otherwise.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Every time there is a report without sufficient evidence, without instantly denying it due to lack of evidence, the staff would look at the party logs and determine whether or not they are indeed cheating
I don’t think they will check the logs as that’s a huge invasion of privacy and will cost too much work.
But you’re right with your other statements, although many people are in a discord call when they play together lately :).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom