Would you want to see this?

• Yeah

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Hello,

People might not like this idea very much, but let me explain before you dislike it.
[w/ TL;DR at the end]
I've recently started PvP'ing on a different server, and it felt much more different and it took me a little while before I realized why. They use the latest updates. Which is why I want to suggest CubeCraft does the same. In my opinion, CubeCraft could add a ton of different things if they add an updated option. It could bring more people in who want to practice with the most recent version.

With a ''latest version'' mode you can add new kits and, less important, new maps.
Netherite Armour
  • Netherite Armour
  • Netherite Axe(/Sword)

Crystal Fights
  • Full Diamond Armour (Protection III)
  • Diamond Sword
  • 32x Obsidian
  • 32x Ender Crystals
  • Bow (Power II, Punch I)
  • 64x Arrows

Trident Fights
  • Full Iron Armour (Protection II)
  • Turtle Helmet (Protection III)
  • Diamond Axe (Knockback I)
  • Shield
  • Crossbow (Quick Charge III)
  • Trident (Loyalty III, Sharpness III)
  • 64x Arrow of Harming

Trident Fights (/Riptide)
  • Full Iron Armour (Boots: Depth Strider III)
  • Iron Axe
  • Shield
  • 5x Water Bucket
  • Trident (Riptide III, Sharpness II, Fire Aspect I)

Crossbows
  • Full Chainmail Armour
  • Wooden Sword
  • Crossbow
  • 64x Arrows

Strider Fight
(Requires a lava map)
  • Strider you can't leave
  • Full Iron Armour
  • Iron Sword
  • Crossbow
  • 16x Arrows
  • Warped Fungus on a Stick (in off-hand)

It doesn't have to be these kits specifically, I'm sure CubeCraft can come up with better and more kit ideas, but you can kinda get an idea of what I'm talking about. Using more recent items: tridents, crossbows, netherite. I'm fairly certain ender crystals were added in 1.9, but CubeCraft unfortunately hasn't used them in kits. Just like potion arrows. They could use them much more than in just one kit.
As I mentioned before, maps. They could add amazing maps using the recent Nether update, campfire, lanterns, concrete. This isn't as important as having more kits, but it's still a very nice addition.

Because less people will probably play ''latest version'' mode, there could be two queues. Latest & 1.9. If you're in the latest version you can still join the 1.9 queue, but also a latest version queue.

I wanted to suggest updating it all together, but I can understand if Duels gets less players due to having to log into a version people might not normally log into.
If 1.16 Duels is popular, it could even be considered adding updated versions to more games.
Obviously, if this does get implemented, and another update comes, they could update the Duels as well. Or just when there's something interesting. And when the 3rd combat update finally gets released, you already have Duels semi split.

tl;dr - Add a ''latest version'' mode to Duels. You can only join with the latest version. With this mode you can use tridents, crossbows, netherite. You can also make much more maps using concrete, bamboo, nether wood/stem.
There will be 2 queues, 1.9 and 1.16/latest. If you're in the latest version you can join both queues, if you're not you can only join the 1.9 one.
This will possibly bring more people in who want to PvP in the latest version, with the latest items.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
It is a good idea, but unfortunately CubeCraft can't use the items of the newer versions because they have to be compatible with 1.9 to 1.16. Thanks for taking your time on suggesting though. Have a nice day! :heart:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It is a good idea, but unfortunately CubeCraft can't use the items of the newer versions because they have to be compatible with 1.9 to 1.16. Thanks for taking your time on suggesting though. Have a nice day! :heart:
You do realize you can join with 1.8??

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Of course, you can, but Duels are for 1.9+
Yes I am aware, Sherlock. I'm suggesting for them to make a seprate 1.16 only version so they can add kits that use more recent items. Crossbows, netherite, tridents.
I mentioned 1.8 because they're already doing the separate versions. The difference between 1.16 and 1.8 is that w/ 1.16 you can still join games like Skywars, and play with other players in 1.9

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I love the idea, however it could have a low player count using those kit's due to having to be in version 1.16 to even use those kits.
Which is why the 1.9 queue will still be avalible. In case it takes a bit too long.

Reactions: Gregeyy

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It’s a good idea, but it’s not possible without a lot of work. The server currently runs on 1.9.2 so having to change the software of the servers to a more unstable version and then they can only be used for 1.16 duels. Sorry but I’m going to have to vote no.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Yea, but one thing: I don’t think tridents are enchantable with sharpness
giphy (5).gif

Reactions: Technosword
Top Bottom