• Yes.

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • nO yOu fOoL. (Please state why).

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
So earlier today I was playing on Lucky Blocks 1.12 with one of my friends who adores 1.8 and they asked me why there isn't a 1.8 for some games on here. I said because the server is leaning towards a more 1.12 outlook rather then 1.8, however sometimes I like to play survival games in 1.8 (on other servers). So it pondered my mind why there isn't more games that are PvP based that are playable in 1.8 as I think it would increase the player count a lot. I do know that Sentinel is coded to attack and ban players who click fast as Cube is 1.12 based but maybe delete that? The games that I would personally like to see available in 1.8 is Lucky Block islands and Survival games. I have seen people suggest about this but they didn't talk in-depth about it so here I am doing that :D. Vote in the poll whether 1.8 should make a comeback or not. Peace.

-Insurgency

Reactions: Jaistrix

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
I do agree that bringing 1.8 games would add a higher player base, and also would be more fun - at least to me as I prefer old style of pvp.

Reactions: Cyclone
Aug 12, 2017
Saudi Arabia
So earlier today I was playing on Lucky Blocks 1.12 with one of my friends who adores 1.8 and they asked me why there isn't a 1.8 for some games on here. I said because the server is leaning towards a more 1.12 outlook rather then 1.8, however sometimes I like to play survival games in 1.8 (on other servers). So it pondered my mind why there isn't more games that are PvP based that are playable in 1.8 as I think it would increase the player count a lot. I do know that Sentinel is coded to attack and ban players who click fast as Cube is 1.12 based but maybe delete that? The games that I would personally like to see available in 1.8 is Lucky Block islands and Survival games. I have seen people suggest about this but they didn't talk in-depth about it so here I am doing that :D. Vote in the poll whether 1.8 should make a comeback or not. Peace.

-Insurgency
No i am not with you :/ 1.8 is bad

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I would like this, although many people wouldnt even though it doesnt really effect them.

I would like this to become a thing

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
Some people enjoy 1.8 because its more original and modern. We all have opinions, but people that normally play 1.9 pvp Other than The helper Broken i dont see anyone good at 1.8 pvp
I agree, but dude it's against the rules to farm posts as you double posted. I appreciate your support on this.

F

Facelurite

A lot of people think otherwise.
No not really. I am against further support to 1.8. It just hinders progress . Just because a few of you like to live in the past , we're being punished by not being given a 1.12 experience.

Situation is similar to hiw women werent allowed to vote , staying in the past just retards tye process of development.

Long story short , no. No support for 1.8 just to please a few clowns. A full 1.12 and discontinuation of 1.8 is what's best .

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
No not really. I am against further support to 1.8. It just hinders progress . Just because a few of you like to live in the past , we're being punished by not being given a 1.12 experience.

Situation is similar to hiw women werent allowed to vote , staying in the past just retards tye process of development.

Long story short , no. No support for 1.8 just to please a few clowns. A full 1.12 and discontinuation of 1.8 is what's best .
There's a lot more 1.8 servers then I'd actually like to believe ideally, yet I prefer 1.12 but I am thinking for what is best for cube to reach out to further communities as there is a lot of people who are old school minecraft players. People who are used to 1.7-1.8 PvP.
But if we take a look at the statistics - (I am not trying to falsely advertise I am just trying to prove a point) hypixel have a much more player count and why is that? Hypixel is home to a lot of oldschool minecraft players who have been playing minecraft ever since the Alpha stages. What I am trying to say by this is that it would drastically help the server out a lot with the player count therefore proving best for the server.

F

Facelurite

1.8 will kill the server. Cubecraft cannot compare to Hypixel on 1.8. . Got any idea why cubecraft is slightly relevant? Because they're the only server that accepted 1.9 .

If they had gone with 1.8 , the server would be dead. When time passes , I can tell 1.8 will die . It's been declining , similar to the alpha stages when hunger was introduced.

Minecraft may become a 20 year old game before dying , every server will eventually be forced to update. Might as well give cube the headstart it needs.

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
1.8 will kill the server. Cubecraft cannot compare to Hypixel on 1.8. . Got any idea why cubecraft is slightly relevant? Because they're the only server that accepted 1.9 .

If they had gone with 1.8 , the server would be dead. When time passes , I can tell 1.8 will die . It's been declining , similar to the alpha stages when hunger was introduced.

Minecraft may become a 20 year old game before dying , every server will eventually be forced to update. Might as well give cube the headstart it needs.
Im not saying to totally scrap 1.9 as that would be very bad for the server, Im saying to add 1.8 to increase player rate. Have you been reading what I was posting?

F

Facelurite

Im not saying to totally scrap 1.9 as that would be very bad for the server, Im saying to add 1.8 to increase player rate. Have you been reading what I was posting?
Yes , again, that would be against the interests of us who wish for a full 1.12 update. Adding 1.8 would disallow us to play with blocks in 1.12 . Its been happening. They havent even updates freebuild because of 1.9.

Either way , SG uses 1.9 blocks and so does PvP and Lucky Blocks , that uses plugins . Dont ever see it happening.

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
Yes , again, that would be against the interests of us who wish for a full 1.12 update. Adding 1.8 would disallow us to play with blocks in 1.12 . Its been happening. They havent even updates freebuild because of 1.9.

Either way , SG uses 1.9 blocks and so does PvP and Lucky Blocks , that uses plugins . Dont ever see it happening.
Then how was there all these games before the 1.9 update came around? Also Cubecraft is a 1.12 server- if it wasn't then why would I be writing this thread about bringing back 1.8?

F

Facelurite

Then how was there all these games before the 1.9 update came around? Also Cubecraft is a 1.12 server- if it wasn't then why would I be writing this thread about bringing back 1.8?
It is not a 1.12 server, they are compatible , but refuse to allow us access to newer blocks.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
1.8 is compatible for most or some games over the server. You're suggesting to also take out and alter our Sentinel? Our staff have been working on Sentinel for so long. If we were to get rid of it, or alter it in some way, it probably won't work (or will not work the same, in the same functions, etc) because it won't know the difference between spammers on 1.8 and real hackers. If we were to try and fix that so it can know the difference, who knows how long that will take? It would take so much time to change or alter it, and then the outcome is beyond our knowledge (mostly stating we won't know if it will work or not). I would rather our staff work on games that are on 1.9+, only because CubeCraft is a server that runs on the recent updates. Also, they don't refuse to allow players to access the newer blocks, they just are taking time when updating Creative, Lobbies, and other things. We must all understand that Cube is trying it's best for the players, so we must not give it much criticism. It's still the best server, in my opinion.

Reactions: Cyclone

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
1.8 is compatible for most or some games over the server. You're suggesting to also take out and alter our Sentinel? Our staff have been working on Sentinel for so long. If we were to get rid of it, or alter it in some way, it probably won't work (or will not work the same, in the same functions, etc) because it won't know the difference between spammers on 1.8 and real hackers. If we were to try and fix that so it can know the difference, who knows how long that will take? It would take so much time to change or alter it, and then the outcome is beyond our knowledge (mostly stating we won't know if it will work or not). I would rather our staff work on games that are on 1.9+, only because CubeCraft is a server that runs on the recent updates. Also, they don't refuse to allow players to access the newer blocks, they just are taking time when updating Creative, Lobbies, and other things. We must all understand that Cube is trying it's best for the players, so we must not give it much criticism. It's still the best server, in my opinion.
I'm not implying that, If 1.8 is available for eggwars and skywars and normal people aren't getting banned (normal people being people who don't hack) then that must work a long side sentinel as sentinel works for both hosts.
If the developers somehow were to make the other games accessible, not altering any coding in sentinel, just the accessibility on the 1.8 host for the other games rather then just Skywars and Eggwars. It isn't statistically the best server but it has the potential to be. If we expand maybe. CubeCraft is very fortunate to have very capable coders who can do this kind of thing. It would benefit the server.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom

-Insurgency

I know there are a few games on Cubecraft that do have some 1.8 options, such as PVP, although I prefer 1.9 PVP, it would be good to bring out 1.8 PVP in some games like Skywars, and Survival Games as people would have a variety of choices and more players may play the games.
~ Foxy011

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I rather have them remove 1.8 in general and update the games to 1.12.1.
Bringing back the mannequins could also please those 1.8 lovers so why not add those back.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom