Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016
Hi

I started playing Eggwars yesterday and every single time, almost all of my team has left. Then we get swamped by other teams and inevitably die.

The only way I can see around this is to somehow punish those who leave. Perhaps deduct cubelets or XP, anything to keep them in-game. It's a long game, and it's not fair when I'm left alone or with a single teammate, who most likely doesn't even understand english like most of the players I've met so far.

I hope something gets done about this, and feel free to reply with possible ways around it, I'm interested to hear.

- Rix

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Punishing them for leaving sounds a bit harsh... some may have internet connection or stupidly clicked 'x' by mistake (me).
I would recommend playing with a friend or some players you played with in the previous game etc.
Do you have any other suggestions to stop players from leaving? If you do, I would love to hear them.
Maybe we could think of a solution together from brainstorming or something.
kao_emoji_25__you_re_the_star___v2__by_jerikuto-d723m8l.gif

Reactions: zDutchie

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016
Hmm

The only other thing I can think of is to somehow give their teammates an advantage. So if I'm left on my own, I have more resources so I have a better chance

Or, you could punish repeat offenders. Every time you leave mid-game, you're not allowed to play again for another 10 minutes or so. So the more people leave, the longer they have to wait before they can play (and abandon people) again.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
It's too harsh. It's not up to you whether they leave or not. I understand it's terrible but there's nothing you can do about it. Minecraft is not the only thing people do, let alone one game of Egg Wars. Many have commitments outside of a video game to which they'd rather attend to. To prevent this, play with someone who you know will not leave mid game, like a friend as @zRinne said. That is much easier.

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016
It's too harsh. It's not up to you whether they leave or not. I understand it's terrible but there's nothing you can do about it. Minecraft is not the only thing people do, let alone one game of Egg Wars. Many have commitments outside of a video game to which they'd rather attend to. To prevent this, play with someone who you know will not leave mid game, like a friend as @zRinne said. That is much easier.

That's ridiculous. Any sensible human being with a 'commitment' wouldn't start playing in the first place if they knew that they had to do something else.

I have the right to be irritated by it because it affects me. The first game I play on the server, everyone's foreign and leaves me as the only member on my team. Great impression.

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016

And when I say "punish", I don't mean ban. I mean do something to make them organise their time better if they so desperately have to leave. Players are the ones you have to keep happy, not leavers.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I leave games if iTs op mode or hardcore mode ( the pizza map is an exception to hardcore) some people leave because they didnt get the mode they wanted or just to troll to, i know a 1 man team is frustrating but its possible to win i once play a game on the aztec map where 1 guy got everyones eggs and eliminated every team which is what a 1v20-25? This was before the punishments were updated and the hackers were unbanned, so this was really good legit pvp

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I think that it should stay the way it is. I don't think there's a definitive way to find out if someone pressed "Disconnect" rather than timing out.

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016
Mineplex competitive leaugue has a cooldown for those that leave early maybe thats somethibg that can be done here

Good idea. I'm glad most of us can have a discussion rather than bluntly saying "your opinion is wrong, you can't do anything about it"

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
That's ridiculous. Any sensible human being with a 'commitment' wouldn't start playing in the first place if they knew that they had to do something else.

I have the right to be irritated by it because it affects me. The first game I play on the server, everyone's foreign and leaves me as the only member on my team. Great impression.
Then simply play with a friend! Using apps like Discord, Skype, or Team Speak is the best for this.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I still think that is a little harsh but surprisingly I'm not against the cool-down suggestion (neutral I guess)
The best option still is to play with some friends. Teamspeak could help with that if you're having troubles talking to one in game.

RixterzIsAwesome

Sep 21, 2016
I still think that is a little harsh but surprisingly I'm not against the cool-down suggestion (neutral I guess)
The best option still is to play with some friends. Teamspeak could help with that if you're having troubles talking to one in game.

Is there any chance that the suggestion could be passed to the devs for consideration? If someone times out or accidentally leaves, the cooldown is going to be short. If you are intentionally leaving to irritate people, then the cooldown starts to prevent that. It seems faultless.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Is there any chance that the suggestion could be passed to the devs for consideration? If someone times out or accidentally leaves, the cooldown is going to be short. If you are intentionally leaving to irritate people, then the cooldown starts to prevent that. It seems faultless.
In MCL the cooldown before you can join another game is i think 5-10 min so it could help keep players in game especially if they are just trying to troll

Top Bottom