• No (Explain Please)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CookiesAlwaysWin

Dec 2, 2015
Retro Landscape
So if you /nickname or /disguise do then it will hide your rank also in lobby's, is that a idea? that would be great so they cant see you in the lobby's of skywars etc.

@AboodPlayz @CyanYellow @JesperGeakko @zRinne @HackersDontWin @Stefanvld @Lezappen @Camezonda @Saradabaschi @Mac @Tacosbefriends @TlmeLord @andyschofie @Efcluke94 @Exciting_pancake @FalseHonesty @Rororoyourboat

@Saradabaschi
I know that if people see you fly in lobby's that they are gonna report maybe you guys have a idea for that?
@xx_360noscope101 @JustRyann @AboodPlayz @Saradabaschi @XXPie_GuyXX @Efcluke94 @zDutchie

B

Britney Spears

I must be one of the only players that don't think this is necessary. I just do not get why so many players get 'triggered' by seeing a player asking for OP. If I was the one getting spammed with OP requests, I'd just warn that player for spamming and if they continue, I'd report them.

Also, as soon as players pick up on this and see that there's this way to hide your rank, they'll just spam 'OP OP OP' in every game they join, cause you never know when there's a donator in your game or not ;)

Same goes for targeting, if you notice someone targeting you in-game, just leave, switch lobbies and pick another game. The chances that you encounter that player again in one of the games you're joining are minimal.

Reactions: Saradabaschi

CookiesAlwaysWin

Dec 2, 2015
Retro Landscape
I must be one of the only players that don't think this is necessary. I just do not get why so many players get 'triggered' by seeing a player asking for OP. If I was the one getting spammed with OP requests, I'd just warn that player for spamming and if they continue, I'd report them.

Also, as soon as players pick up on this and see that there's this way to hide your rank, they'll just spam 'OP OP OP' in every game they join, cause you never know when there's a donator in your game or not ;)

Same goes for targeting, if you notice someone targeting you in-game, just leave, switch lobbies and pick another game. The chances that you encounter that player again in one of the games you're joining are minimal.
Yes you can report them but if they just stop with spamming if there is no rank in the lobby that they can see that would be great @DontYouDare

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
the thing is, ive never or never seen a game where people specifically target a rank, sometimes I target people because there close or your making a wrong move where I can easily take them, I seriously thing the whole targeting thing is just over exaggerating.
Their is a big difference, what you just stated is tactics but lets say to get to the donaters island you have to go to MID then build a bridge to them, they don't do anything and you build a bridge to them and destroy their egg and dedicate your life to killing the donater (ignoring the other players but the donater(s) )
that would lead into "impersinating" also this should be directly for youtubers and staff members but my idea is to just simply be able to "hide" you rank not change your name
How would you want to do it?
all it does instead of [Rank] [Name] its just [Name] as if you are a normal player BUT if you want to "show" off your rank or don't mind it then you can keep it on :)
How would you implement choosing if you rank would be shown or not?
Its going to be an option added to settings and would just remove your rank as if it was never there
I guess it would have to be turned off on the whole server. That'd be easiest.
No, some players like to show off their rank
Would players still want that then?
I am 100% Players want this, and the fact that this is optional is way better
This won't ever stop the OP spamming, but it's kinda unnecessary for now I would say.

Though it could be a nice little feature after some more important things have changed on the server.
it will reduce it, if 20/24 players spam op atleast it will reduc eto e.g 10/24
also it won't allow players to target anyone because they don't know who voted
I think that a certain command should be able to toggle it on and off. For instance maybe /disguise on to get rid of the tag, and /disguise off to allow players to see your rank. Well, it's not really not my decision, but it is just an idea.
/disguise should be another thing for youtubers and staff to change their skin aswell as their name
So if you /nickname or /disguise do then it will hide your rank also in lobby's, is that a idea? that would be great so they cant see you in the lobby's of skywars etc.
it would be server wide, you just go into the settings before a game and click show rank off,
of course you can disable it in lobbies if you wish
I know that if people see you fly in lobby's that they are gonna report maybe you guys have a idea for that?
didn't think off that oh wait
Particle trails when the command is active ;)
Why would ranks be hidden in the main lobby? xd
I would say just hide them in game lobbies and in the game. That way you can prevent this :)
^^^ but some people see a ranked player in the main lobby and maybe remembers him/her or some players follow ranked players to signs and start games with them :P, but not all of them
2 problems with this, #1 If you warn players for the first time the second time they will say opopopopopop and the second warning they stop, then next game lets say your chat gets cleared for any evidence of preovious spam (s)he spams again, i personally don't mind this but getting targeted is a different story #2 This will make more players suggest black listing OP, Normal, Hardcore

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
They would but it will reduce some of them and it will prevent targeting players
Would you rather have spammers for the lobby only or targeters for the rest of the game?
I am personally not a type of person that leaves :P A) it messes up you stats B) It will encourage them by targeting more players so they leave which makes a win by default C)
players pick up on this
they will target more players and win by default instead of winning by effort
also i noticed if they see a random guy with a YT rank they will be-friend this guy a lot which results into unfair gameplay
n
Wow. Some comments here are quite rude to some experienced stone ranks here.
(I agree btw :p)
not saying all stones are rude, some iron and lapiz ranks say to me vote OP

BTW Targeting increases A LOT if you vote normal or hardcore

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
If i play a game no one asks for op or something like that or not much but i don't know why you would hide your rank... you need to be proud that you bought a rank and you need to show it to the world

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
If i play a game no one asks for op or something like that or not much but i don't know why you would hide your rank... you need to be proud that you bought a rank and you need to show it to the world
*sigh*
-Remember this is an OPTIONAL feature for donaters that if they want to hide their rank they can by going into the settings
So if the Ranked player wants to be "Unnoticed" or have a "Fair" game they can by hiding their name which is completely optional, some ranked players like to show off their rank that is why i said optional and only ranked players can do this
All of these were answered if you just read through the posts

SOME PEOPLE WANT TO SHOW OFF THEIR RANK OTHERS DON'T
Personally i bought the rank to be able to vote not show off, it sometimes helps my friends see if i am in the same lobby but other than that its a no for me

Reactions: Zombiepower

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I think he means that when you're in a lobby, some ranks higher can fly. If you'd see a stone rank fly, you'd know that he's ranked, or in even worse cases, you'd think that he's hacking.
I'm pretty sure you cant fly in pre-lobby's though. So that wouldn't happen.
Yeah so the /disguise thing should be fine

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I think he means that when you're in a lobby, some ranks higher can fly. If you'd see a stone rank fly, you'd know that he's ranked, or in even worse cases, you'd think that he's hacking.
I'm pretty sure you cant fly in pre-lobby's though. So that wouldn't happen.
@Ping Ether Gave a good method to stop this (he posted this on my factions suggestion)
But either way i think that if you want to fly in lobbies you have to have your rank on or it won't work OR ^^ Cause no hack makes particles appear when you fly
Yeah so the /disguise thing should be fine
that will lead to Impersonating other players/staff /disguise should only affect skins not IGNS because you can hack with /disguise on and get someone else in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom